A question for experienced Amazon shoppers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
A new seller popped up selling 2 rather pricey items that aren’t priced ridiculously low but lower than one might expect. That’s it. Just those 2 items. New in box. No feedback. No website. No info about the seller to be found anywhere.

I know one is protected by Amazon and one can charge back but it still feels as if there’s something that could go wrong for the buyer. Why aren’t the item son eBay or why not sell locally through Craigslist?

But I can’t figure out what the sellers hustle is…if there is one. Where’s the rub? What could go wrong? Or am I just a cynic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 477
There have been scam sites selling through Amazon so beware. If you're seeing something that's priced well below what others are selling it for, or if the prices just look to good to be true, then it's probably a scam and not only will you never see the item, your credit card info or password info or personal info are now in the hands of scammers.

There are various red flags that will expose the site as a scam site, but they know that some people are so blinded in their quest for the lowest possible price that they'll attempt to buy from them and by then it's too late.

Do you have a link? I'd like to look at it.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 391
I agree with Randy, while sometimes there are good deals to be found, if the seller has not feedback and is trying to sell high ticket items then its buyer beware....Personally if Im speding a good amout of money I want to know that the seller has some sort of verified selling hsitory....If you post the link or maybe the sellers name it might us help you...
post #4 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I've decided to pass on it guys. Thanks so much for your input. I'm going with a VT50 from BB.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page