Is the VT50 discontinued? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-14-2012, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went to an electronic store in Quebec city, hoping to see a demo of the TC-P55VT50, as I want to compare it to my old 50PZ800. None in store and the dealer told me it was discontinued and for this store, only one left in the entire province.

I find that hard to believe... But I really did not have time to look elsewhere and inquire about the availabily; I thought of buying it in January/February, but if it stocks are so low, I might consider buying one right now.

So, does Panasonic usually stop production 6-8 months before they release their new models? It's in Canada, but I figure all TV for the NA market are made at the same plant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Panasonic usually ends production in November/December and spends a few months re-tooling the plants for the new models, which start to debut in February.

And AVJ posted a week or two back that production has ended, and said something to the effect to get em while you can because it will be more than a few months until the 2013 flagship will become available. Something similar happened last year too.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 4 Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 AM

I was also told by a dealer here in Toronto that these TV's were no longer available from Panasonic Canada. All their stock had been shipped to retailers.

Bestbuy Canada and Futureshop still have them online although Bestbuy show 0 units available in Quebec and 2 for the rest of Eastern Canada.

I received my 65VT50 on Saturday.

TH

Chris
post #4 of 4 Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

alright, thanks, I'll buy one now then.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version