Defective LG 60PA6550 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone else had any issues with their LG 60PA6550 or 60PA6500?
I have had it 95 days - purchased from Costco.
Turned it on today and found this in upper-right quadrant.
I will be studying my Costco warranty - main reason i purchased from there was fear of something like this.

Should I replace with same model or try to get something else? I had reservations about LG (always loved my Samsung TV's) and not I really don't know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Update - to be fair - so far LG has been pretty good with customer service - I called them (at 11:00PM Central) and was able to schedule a technician to come out in 4 days. Not too bad. Though in my opinion - I should be allowed an in-store replacement. They can have their refurbished model and sell it at a discount to someone else. That was my expectation in the level of service I thought I deserved.
Assuming this resolves my issues - great.
Though if it was under the 90 days - I would be taking it back for a better set.

Will keep all updated on my experience with LG warranty service.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I gave up being a fan of Samsung, so I would be interested in how they resolve this issue. .
post #4 of 8 Old 12-16-2012, 10:06 PM

LG wants their customers set repaired within 7 DAYS
post #5 of 8 Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Update-
Tech showed up - all he did was write down serial number/model number and look at it.
Now have to wait week+ for him to order parts...and hope I am around when 'He wants to come back.'

Not a good start.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM

They sent a tech out and you didnt have to pay anything? wow thats great service! I live in a small city and there are no authorized local servicers - i would have to haul the tv 150 kms to a bigger city.

I'm a repair tech by trade - with hundreds of models out there do you really expect them to have the parts in their vehicle ready to go? He'd have to drive an 18 wheeler freight truck to meet that demand!

perspective - some consumers act so spoiled...
post #7 of 8 Old 12-28-2012, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post

They sent a tech out and you didnt have to pay anything? wow thats great service! I live in a small city and there are no authorized local servicers - i would have to haul the tv 150 kms to a bigger city.
I'm a repair tech by trade - with hundreds of models out there do you really expect them to have the parts in their vehicle ready to go? He'd have to drive an 18 wheeler freight truck to meet that demand!
perspective - some consumers act so spoiled...
Spoiled?
You think I'm spoiled? I purchased a brand new product at full price from an authorized dealer. I took my money, and told LG "I think you are worthy of the hard work and (limited) time I have to make this money. So here are some dollars of appreciation for a product you produce." And in return I got something that doesn't work as described.
In my opinion, those dollars are worth something that does work as described, which is a functioning TV that is Brand New. That is how customer service should be done. Not to mention the fact that they spend the money to have a technician come out for 6 hours plus they sent a replacement panel that contained everything besides the main board and power supply/case.
To assume it costs much more to just ship me a replacement is ridiculous. Not to mention that is what I purchased..a new TV.
It is my fault I purchased one with a crap warranty, you are right. That is on me. How dare I assume that because it states they can "replace parts at their disclosure" means that if 90% of the product is defective they wouldn't just replace it.
Don't get me wrong. I am thankful...I was getting ready to post on here that the tech came out and replaced it, and it is functioning well now. And to say I am pleased so far. But truthfully, I have dealt with many a company, and I know where those certificates of appreciation will go next time I want a TV.
And you are a perfect example of good customer service. If there isn't a tech around, they should ship you a new one or do in-store replacement.

The value of retaining a satisfied customer for life is unmeasurable. As a service technician, you should understand that. The way my experience was handled could have made me purchase $20k worth of product from them, if not more - refrigerators, TV's, Washer/Dryer. Like I said, unmeasurable. But I didn't even receive an apology for the trouble it caused me, the time I had to take off work to be home to meet the tech - twice. Very short sighted on LG's part.

Maybe you're right, I'm spoiled. I've been spoiled by awesome experiences with awesome companies. Frankly, I'm not so sure I think that's a bad thing. If you are satisfied with taking off work to meet technicians when your brand new products stop working. And jumping around from brand to brand hoping to find something that you can stick with, then that's your right. I don't see it that way, and I don't see the big customer loved companies conducting business that way either.

/rant

If anyone wants some naked LG TV pictures, I can post.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM
PCD

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneb0422 View Post

Spoiled?
You think I'm spoiled? I purchased a brand new product at full price from an authorized dealer. I took my money, and told LG "I think you are worthy of the hard work and (limited) time I have to make this money. So here are some dollars of appreciation for a product you produce." And in return I got something that doesn't work as described.
In my opinion, those dollars are worth something that does work as described, which is a functioning TV that is Brand New. That is how customer service should be done. Not to mention the fact that they spend the money to have a technician come out for 6 hours plus they sent a replacement panel that contained everything besides the main board and power supply/case.
To assume it costs much more to just ship me a replacement is ridiculous. Not to mention that is what I purchased..a new TV.
It is my fault I purchased one with a crap warranty, you are right. That is on me. How dare I assume that because it states they can "replace parts at their disclosure" means that if 90% of the product is defective they wouldn't just replace it.
Don't get me wrong. I am thankful...I was getting ready to post on here that the tech came out and replaced it, and it is functioning well now. And to say I am pleased so far. But truthfully, I have dealt with many a company, and I know where those certificates of appreciation will go next time I want a TV.
And you are a perfect example of good customer service. If there isn't a tech around, they should ship you a new one or do in-store replacement.
The value of retaining a satisfied customer for life is unmeasurable. As a service technician, you should understand that. The way my experience was handled could have made me purchase $20k worth of product from them, if not more - refrigerators, TV's, Washer/Dryer. Like I said, unmeasurable. But I didn't even receive an apology for the trouble it caused me, the time I had to take off work to be home to meet the tech - twice. Very short sighted on LG's part.
Maybe you're right, I'm spoiled. I've been spoiled by awesome experiences with awesome companies. Frankly, I'm not so sure I think that's a bad thing. If you are satisfied with taking off work to meet technicians when your brand new products stop working. And jumping around from brand to brand hoping to find something that you can stick with, then that's your right. I don't see it that way, and I don't see the big customer loved companies conducting business that way either.
/rant
If anyone wants some naked LG TV pictures, I can post.

This is how things are now. It starts at the top with the "next 2 quarter results" CEO's. There is no more long term. CEO comes in, lays off employee's, cuts service, etc, ANYTHING to show increased profits over the next few quarters, then moves on with a solid gold buyout package. If the company tanks 2 years later, so what? The CEO is long gone.

Brand and/or Customer Loyalty these days? You must be joking. They couldnt care less about your "potential 20k" future purchases. Its the "here and now" that counts. You can bet if you had purchased 20 of those sets for a store display or something, your service would have been like royalty...why? because you had the leverage to return 20k in sets and that wouldnt go down very well with ANY manager. A single consumer? One set? Forget it.

Evil Sysadmin

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 60 Inch Plasma 60pa550c
Gear in this thread