which plasma tv strictly for gaming? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi, i been doing research on a plasma tv strictly for gaming. (FPS - ps3) i cant seem to find the number 1 best in regards to input lag... actually i've been reading all kinds of mixed information and feel like im going in circles... all i found out so far is that im going to go with a plasma tv for sure..

does anyone have the samsung PN43E450 and use it for gaming? is it good or bad? i cant find any info on it maybe because its fairly new. this is the cheapest plasma at bestbuy right now so if its not good enough for gaming can someone please recommend a plasma with the lowest confirmed input lag? i dont need a smart tv feature or 3D btw. anything under 1,000 is preferred. screen size doesn't matter, ty.

- mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 35
There are three+ (well, four now wink.gif ) threads on plasma gaming and input lag on the first page of this forum. Have you checked those out yet? There's quite a bit of discussion about the best input lag, price points, etc.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-23-2012, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

just thought i should add for other people that i got the samsung PN43E450 and right out the box i started playing black ops 2 (for PS3) and was instantly amazed that i didn't notice any input lag at all. turn gaming mode on and its the same as the tube tv i was just playing on b4 i got this plasma. and yes i know enough about input lag to tell the difference. i played on 2 other LED tv's (37" and a 50") and both were basically unplayable, by my standards at least.... any1 considering getting a tv strickly for gaming like me, definitely go with the 43E450 - any serious gamer couldn't be happier with this tv (in regards to input lag or response time, whatever people choose to call it)

-mike
post #4 of 6 Old 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM

What LED sets were you playing on that were unplayable? I've been playing Black Ops 2 on my UN32E6000's and the input lag is no worse than on my PN51E8000. Input lag is almost not existent on new LED displays. The only noticeable different between the two panels is the image retention on the plasma. I've put a few 3-4 hour gaming sessions on my plasma and the image retention is nerve wracking, it's a non issue on the LED set in my bedroom after >8 hour sessions.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 PM

I'm thinking of buying a plasma e7000 series but I do like gaming, usually no more then 4 hours tops and even that's rare. Is plasma not a good way to go then? I love the PQ though :/ sick of my led tv
post #6 of 6 Old 12-24-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingerson View Post

I'm thinking of buying a plasma e7000 series but I do like gaming, usually no more then 4 hours tops and even that's rare. Is plasma not a good way to go then? I love the PQ though :/ sick of my led tv

I can only speak of my minimal plasma experience. I've only had my e8000 for 4 weeks and I've had a dozen ~3 hour gaming sessions all result in some IR, but so far nothing permanent. I'm hoping to see improvement as it ages, I really love the PQ on this thing, but being unable to game for long sessions is a deal breaker.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page