VT50 yellow-ish blob on display - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1000 Old 12-01-2013, 05:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Since not all VT50s have this, you have to wonder if the defective sets were all in a particular production lot.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1000 Old 12-01-2013, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Since not all VT50s have this, you have to wonder if the defective sets were all in a particular production lot.

I was wondering that also. Mine was a later production September build I think. It had the -2 behind the model #.
post #633 of 1000 Old 12-01-2013, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Not sure -- mine was a very early set, a May 2012 build, with no "-2" suffix after the model number.

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Silver RX1; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Sony KDL-32W650A, Sonus faber Toy Monitor, REL T3, Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Sennheiser HD598
pc Monitor Audio Radius 90HD, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
post #634 of 1000 Old 12-02-2013, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Just got my VT60 home. No scratches or scuff marks on the screen or bezel. Looks like it shipped better then mt VT50 did. October 2013. Haven't turned it on but the screen looks fine as far as no cracks.
post #635 of 1000 Old 12-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donat76 View Post

Just got my VT60 home. No scratches or scuff marks on the screen or bezel. Looks like it shipped better then mt VT50 did. October 2013. Haven't turned it on but the screen looks fine as far as no cracks.

I'm hoping your panel is NOT DOA like mine. I'm still waiting for them to pick up the DOA panel and deliver a new one.

post #636 of 1000 Old 12-03-2013, 12:58 PM

Liked: 10

I got this back after sending in my pictures.(they were terrible pictures IMO, but I guess they saw what they needed)

Thank you for sending the photos of the yellow blotches on your TCP65ST50, as per our request. Our technician reviewed the photos and based on them, determined that the anomalies on your TV are signs of uneven panel purity, which is not repairable. 

At this time, we would like to start the process of issuing a monetary credit to your selling dealer

post #637 of 1000 Old 12-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs17 View Post

I got this back after sending in my pictures.(they were terrible pictures IMO, but I guess they saw what they needed)

Thank you for sending the photos of the yellow blotches on your TCP65ST50, as per our request. Our technician reviewed the photos and based on them, determined that the anomalies on your TV are signs of uneven panel purity, which is not repairable. 

At this time, we would like to start the process of issuing a monetary credit to your selling dealer

Are you getting warranty service directly through Panasonic?

post #638 of 1000 Old 12-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Liked: 10

I don't know. I'm within the one year, but I had a two year with the store. Here's the rest:

In other words, after we create a return authorization (RA) of your set to your selling dealer and submit all paperwork to them,they will in turn process their required paperwork, and will then contact you directly regarding replacement options (which may include a store credit, a straight exchange, etc., at the selling dealer’s sole discretion). 

Please note that you will be responsible for returning the old unit back to the selling dealer.

In order for Panasonic Canada to start the RA process on our end, we would need a copy of your bill of sale. Please email this info to us (attachment should be less than 5MB).
post #639 of 1000 Old 12-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Liked: 12
Just called Panasonic Parts to see if the specific part (MD65F15A7J - 65VT50 Panel) is still expected to arrive tomorrow. The parts guy said that it was back-ordered and looked like they would receive it in the next 1-2 weeks...

So that leads me to 2 conclusions.

1. Panasonic began making the panel again, possibly due to the number of requests that they had been getting.
2. Panasonic is still just waiting for me to give up hope and eventually just accept the TV as is.

Currently the TV is still at the repair shop, so if they are making the part and it does indeed get sent to the repair shop, the earliest I'm looking at getting my TV back is around mid-December. I started the repair process around October 1st. So if anyone is following this message board and hasn't yet started their repair claim...DO NOT HESITATE. It can be a slow, slow process.

Fingers still crossed.
post #640 of 1000 Old 12-03-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post

I'm hoping your panel is NOT DOA like mine. I'm still waiting for them to pick up the DOA panel and deliver a new one.

Me too. Everything has been going so smoothly. I'm trying not to jinx myself. I hope your luck turns around.
post #641 of 1000 Old 12-03-2013, 11:59 PM

What is the warranty on the replacement? Does it end when the original TV's warranty expires? If that is the case, mine expires in 2 days.
post #642 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:

What is the warranty on the replacement? Does it end when the original TV's warranty expires? If that is the case, mine expires in 2 days.

The new TV should have a 1 year Panasonic warranty from date of receipt.

post #643 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:

The new TV should have a 1 year Panasonic warranty from date of receipt.

From the date you purchased the vt50 right? You won't ger a receipt with the replacement vt60. I had like five days left on my Panasonic warranty and I ran slides non stop to break it in and stress test it before my warranty ran out. Now 900 hrs no problems.
post #644 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Why wouldn't you get another year on the new set ? It was replaced because it was faulty.

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #645 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Why wouldn't you get another year on the new set ? It was replaced because it was faulty.

I don't know. I asked that question before I got my replacement and nobody said anything. I just don't think they are going to give you an extra year of warranty but I could be wrong. I just don't know. But from Panasonics view is that they fullfilled there one year warranty by giving you a new tv and they will probably say that's all you get. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
post #646 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merccrazy View Post

From the date you purchased the vt50 right? You won't ger a receipt with the replacement vt60. I had like five days left on my Panasonic warranty and I ran slides non stop to break it in and stress test it before my warranty ran out. Now 900 hrs no problems.

No. From the date you receive ANY TV from them. This includes your replacement TV. So if you get a VT60 delivered tomorrow to replace your VT50 then the VT60 will have a 1 year warranty from date of receipt. Period. Basically just what I already said. Panasonic has very clearly and concisely stated this to me. You will receive the delivery slip from Pilot or whoever delivers it and there will be an order slip attached to the box. Save them. They can reference the information on those documents if you need warranty service on the new set.

post #647 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:

I don't know. I asked that question before I got my replacement and nobody said anything. I just don't think they are going to give you an extra year of warranty but I could be wrong. I just don't know. But from Panasonics view is that they fullfilled there one year warranty by giving you a new tv and they will probably say that's all you get. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

I do know, and Panasonic is very clear on the warranty. Why on earth would they give you a NEW TV with no warranty. Doesn't compute. Now, if you had a panel repaired in any manner and kept your original panel that would be a different story. Those new parts would likely have a provisional warranty and the rest of the TV would have the original warranty. That's usually how warranties work unless the fine print spells out something different. That's why we spend thousands of dollars on consumer electronics: we have some guarantee that we're not playing roulette on the reliability of the products we are purchasing. But to be super clear: new TV = new 1 year warranty. If you have a Square Trade warranty they just need the delivery receipt and/or order slip and serial number and they update your extended warranty accordingly. In that case you would have the 1 year warranty on the new TV and then Square Trade would pick up the warranty after that. I have spoken with Square Trade and they are very clear and concise about this also. All in all, a very good deal.

Now, that said, I want my DOA VT60 picked up yesterday and a new working VT60 on my wall. Still waiting. No update.

post #648 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:

No. From the date you receive ANY TV from them. This includes your replacement TV. So if you get a VT60 delivered tomorrow to replace your VT50 then the VT60 will have a 1 year warranty from date of receipt. Period. Basically just what I already said. Panasonic has very clearly and concisely stated this to me. You will receive the delivery slip from Pilot or whoever delivers it and there will be an order slip attached to the box. Save them. They can reference the information on those documents if you need warranty service on the new set.

That's the answer I was looking for but didn't think it was true. I know there were other people like me that didn't get any paperwork. I transfered my extended warranty with the extended warranty company but I figured that Panasonic was out of the picture now. The only thing I have is the serial number on the back of the tv. I hope Panasonic will take care of it if I have a problem in the first year but wasn't planning on it. Thanks for your input:)
post #649 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:

That's the answer I was looking for but didn't think it was true. I know there were other people like me that didn't get any paperwork. I transfered my extended warranty with the extended warranty company but I figured that Panasonic was out of the picture now. The only thing I have is the serial number on the back of the tv. I hope Panasonic will take care of it if I have a problem in the first year but wasn't planning on it. Thanks for your input:)

At the very least you should have your case # from working with Panasonic customer service. Keep that number. They should be able to reference everything from that.

post #650 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:

At the very least you should have your case # from working with Panasonic customer service. Keep that number. They should be able to reference everything from that.

OK I still have it and I wrote a note what day it was delivered. Hopefully I won't have to call them. I just took a picture of the tag on the back of the tv and sent it to the extended warranty company and that's all they needed.
post #651 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 04:00 PM

Crapola. So the new news is that they aren't going to exchange the DOA VT60 that they sent me with another one, they are going to cut me a check for my VT50. The amount of the check is... a mystery. Had to escalate that to get an amount. In the meantime I'll start hanging out in the deals thread to get me a good deal on the VT60. Facepalm.

post #652 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Crapola. So the new news is that they aren't going to exchange the DOA VT60 that they sent me with another one, they are going to cut me a check for my VT50. The amount of the check is... a mystery. Had to escalate that to get an amount. In the meantime I'll start hanging out in the deals thread to get me a good deal on the VT60. Facepalm.

The check should be for the price you paid minus tax and shipping.

I asked about the warranty because I was told both. First tier cs is terrible.
post #653 of 1000 Old 12-04-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:

The check should be for the price you paid minus tax and shipping.

I asked about the warranty because I was told both. First tier cs is terrible.

That would make sense, but I'm afraid I'll get hosed as I used Best Buy reward certificates to the tune of about $900 on my purchase. My purchase price was $2600 though before the certificates. Hopefully they'll honor that price, which would be correct. We'll see.
Donat76 likes this.

post #654 of 1000 Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs17 View Post

I don't know. I'm within the one year, but I had a two year with the store. Here's the rest:

In other words, after we create a return authorization (RA) of your set to your selling dealer and submit all paperwork to them,they will in turn process their required paperwork, and will then contact you directly regarding replacement options (which may include a store credit, a straight exchange, etc., at the selling dealer’s sole discretion). 

Please note that you will be responsible for returning the old unit back to the selling dealer.

In order for Panasonic Canada to start the RA process on our end, we would need a copy of your bill of sale. Please email this info to us (attachment should be less than 5MB).

Similar issue happened with my 50"VT20, I bought it as one of the last models the store had even though the 50-series were being sold because I got it at such a great price, CDN$600. The panel was uneven, the dealer replaced it with a 50GT50, the VTs weren't on sale yet. I asked them if they would consider a 55"ST50 or 60"UT50 instead but they said it had to be the same size. Nevertheless the GT50 18 months on has been magic, a gorgeous panel. Grateful Panasonic Canada and my dealer looked after me.
post #655 of 1000 Old 12-06-2013, 07:51 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68 View Post

Yesterday Panasonic confirms defective panel, okays a replacement panel. Service company awaits authorization # and if panel is not in stock a replacement VT-60 would be sent to service company, which would take a few weeks. It pays to send a good set of pictures along with proof of purchase to help speed along process. So far its been a pretty quick straight forward process.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Well I just got the news that my replacement panel is back ordered, no time frame or any idea how long to expect to wait. Service company says Panasonic kept panel stock low because of close to end of year? Apparently they have more VT50 panels somewhere waiting to be shipped, or maybe hoping as time passes I will give up and just accept my worsening yellow blobs. rolleyes.gif
post #656 of 1000 Old 12-06-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Todd

You do bring up an interesting point.

As far as I can tell, Panasonic is out of VT50 panels and have been for a while.

They go through this dance about being back ordered and then a VT60 shows up.

Since Panasonic is keeping inventories low, I'd think you need to be VERY persistent.

Just thinking out loud, what would Panasonic's options be once they run out of panels?

1. Cash refund.
2. Replace with an LED
3. Probably not replace with an OLED as the price would still be very high on those.
4. What else?????????

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #657 of 1000 Old 12-06-2013, 08:42 AM

Yes the same song and dance I see churchie04 is going through right now also.

I'd take a cash refund, but I won't accept an LCD as replacement. I guess I'll just call the service company once a week and see how things progress. Calling Panasonic will just give me headache and or elevate my blood pressure, I hate getting the run around. If they actually do have more stock of replacement panels you'd think they would show up within two weeks, well see.
post #658 of 1000 Old 12-06-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68 View Post

Yes the same song and dance I see churchie04 is going through right now also.

I'd take a cash refund, but I won't accept an LCD as replacement. I guess I'll just call the service company once a week and see how things progress. Calling Panasonic will just give me headache and or elevate my blood pressure, I hate getting the run around. If they actually do have more stock of replacement panels you'd think they would show up within two weeks, well see.

I'm not sure you would have seen my post in a different thread, but here's my update. They are going to pick up the DOA 65VT60 they provided me as a replacement for my 65VT50 and after pickup will cut me a check for the amount on my receipt for my 65VT50 ($2600, supposedly). They said they had no more VT60 panels. You may want to either a) take that with a grain of salt or b) push as hard as you can to get your replacement panel now or c) push as hard as you can to get your check now so you can buy a new VT60 from a retailer. I just ordered a new 65TV60 from ABT last night for 13.46% less than I paid for my VT50. Hopefully it's a newer build date and not DOA but really as long as the fans aren't an issue I'm good with a non-DOA 65VT60.

Don't wait for your service company to get their act together. If you want a good plasma it's really now or never. Push (politely) to get a final resolution before the end of the year or your options will disappear. Not to be alarmist or anything. eek.gif
Donat76 likes this.

post #659 of 1000 Old 12-06-2013, 09:19 AM

I will be highly disgusted if Panasonic proves to be feeding us a line of BS regarding replacement panels. What would be the point of it I wonder? I am thinking VT-60 models would still be available for a while into next year if I didn't get a refund before the end of year, or not? I could settle for a Samsung Plasma, maybe better off.
post #660 of 1000 Old 12-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Out of curiosity I searched Panasonic part # MD55F15A7J and found at Sears parts direct website that a manufacturer substitution is listed, TC-P55VT60-EX . Anyway I called Panasonic again and was told they would let me know within a week if a replacement panel is available. But it looks like Sears replaces a defective VT-50 panel with the VT60. I assume EX means Exchange.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P65vt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page