post #721 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

The impression I got was they were denying the claims and not providing a recourse(blaming it on IR) which to me is unacceptable. The response all along has been very inconsistent from what I have seen and it varys from region to region. There has also been a significant reduction in force at Panasonic and that is not making for good customer service.

This is very unsettling and let's just hope it is one technicians opinion. I can live with my blobs if necessary, but I shouldn't have to. For them to suddenly deny claims that were remedied previously opens them up to all sorts of trouble. (read: litigation).

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thanks chunon, I guess since they are going out of the Plasma biz, they don't mind handing us plasma owners a big sh$$ sandwich. I cant see how they can admit defective panel and then claim it's just IR (obviously its not), without it being obvious they are just plain and simple lying to avoid covering the warranty.
post #723 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Yeah, Panasonic gave me a call today, to tell me they'd give me a call next week to resolve the problem. Priceless.

post #724 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68 View Post

Thanks chunon, I guess since they are going out of the Plasma biz, they don't mind handing us plasma owners a big sh$$ sandwich. I cant see how they can admit defective panel and then claim it's just IR (obviously its not), without it being obvious they are just plain and simple lying to avoid covering the warranty.

Todd I agree 100% and if true it is not the way they should be treating customers that purchased a flagship plasma, I have to say overall I am somewhat disappointed with Panasonic quality which i thought I would never say. First this yellow blob issue which prompted me to get a refund from Amazon and then this problem with my ST60 not a good way for them to go out imo

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Darbee DVP5000
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #725 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 AM

Maybe they are hoping people see how they treat their customers with this issue, this way the customer would decide it would be better using an extended warranty claim, but then would the extended warranty even cover this defect if they know Panasonic didnt in all cases. If that is what happens. I hope 60 series owners don't have the defect show up. It took almost a year and 2900 hours before I noticed it.
post #726 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I havent heard any reports of the issue on the 60 series thus far hopefully that continues.

Darbee DVP5000
post #727 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

At the end of the day I believe many warranties have an escape clause that lets them pay you what you paid for the product if they decide they don't want to fix or replace it. Given that, the option you are presented with is only flawed by the lack of a cash refund option - I'd ask for that and take your business elsewhere, or insist they replace; store credit is just not acceptable IMO.

I just sent this email back to Panasonic concierge:

Hello,

This is not acceptable. I purchased a 65ST50 from my dealer. It was faulty. Why should I be stuck with store credit for a dealer that cannot provide me with the same TV?

The dealer's solution is to sell me a 65VT60 for $3450.00. That is $1175.00 more than I paid for my ST50, which included a 2 year extended warranty. This isn't even as low as another local dealer who gave me a price of $3400.00 for the VT. And this second dealer has no reason to give me such a low price as they had no idea about my situation. My selling dealer knows about everything and could not even put forth a lower price!

The 65ST60's are selling right now on Costco.ca. I could buy one today if I had received money myself instead of you crediting the dealer that cannot help me.

Either find me:

- a 65ST60 for replacement
 -a VT60 at a much lower price

or give me my money back so I can purchase whatever I want, wherever I want.

I'm really trying to stay loyal to Panasonic here. I have 3 Panasonic plasma's and have successfully encouraged multiple people to buy Panasonic televisions. This is becoming a frustrating experience though, and is starting to make me regret my previous stance towards Panasonic products.

post #728 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 12:38 PM

Liked: 12
Got a voicemail from Panasonic today that my replacement had been shipped to the service company. Now, they weren't specific to what that was, he said "Panel" and "Plasma TV" in the same sentence when giving me the update. The service company also got a notification that something had been shipped to them and weren't given a part number either.

I have tracking and see that it's here in NV. Maybe it'll get dropped off today and the mystery of whether they will fix or replace my tv will be solved...
post #729 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

This is very unsettling and let's just hope it is one technicians opinion. I can live with my blobs if necessary, but I shouldn't have to. For them to suddenly deny claims that were remedied previously opens them up to all sorts of trouble. (read: litigation).

I agree 100% he could be wrong but he does know alot of people at Panasonic(worked there for 12 years). I hope it is a bad information. It just seems from the all accounts the replacement process is either slowing down or not happening at all hopefully it has to do with the RIF at Panny and a short supply of VT60s.

Darbee DVP5000
post #730 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 12:47 PM

Called Panasonic...they don't even know what they shipped me. It just shows "panel" in their system.

My thinking is that since the "Panel" is no longer made and the alternate part number has been popping up as just a new VT60, there is still hope that it's a new TV. We'll see shortly.
post #731 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchie04 View Post

Called Panasonic...they don't even know what they shipped me. It just shows "panel" in their system.

My thinking is that since the "Panel" is no longer made and the alternate part number has been popping up as just a new VT60, there is still hope that it's a new TV. We'll see shortly.
On pins and needles here!

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
post #732 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 PM

Shipment has been dispatched for delivery...I feel like I'm live blogging, but I know anyone else in my shoes would want to inform all the other unfortunate souls who are dealing with this issue.

I'll update again once I find out what has actually arrived.
Todd68 and scirica like this.
post #733 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Frustration is starting to set in. I called to follow up regarding my pictures and receipt I emailed to the support email address on Tuesday. Today I was told they never received them and perhaps the best thing to do would be to "fax" the pictures to them. I quickly replied that there is no way that a fax is going to show this issue like an attached jpg and that I will resend the packet to the support email and follow up with a fax.

Has anyone else been told that their email was not received? I'm already feeling that I'm being f'd with here and I haven't even got past second base. My big fear is that they only get the fax and then tell me they don't see the problem.

My current SACD list
post #734 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Frustration is starting to set in. I called to follow up regarding my pictures and receipt I emailed to the support email address on Tuesday. Today I was told they never received them and perhaps the best thing to do would be to "fax" the pictures to them. I quickly replied that there is no way that a fax is going to show this issue like an attached jpg and that I will resend the packet to the support email and follow up with a fax.

Has anyone else been told that their email was not received? I'm already feeling that I'm being f'd with here and I haven't even got past second base. My big fear is that they only get the fax and then tell me they don't see the problem.

Yes, when I originally sent them an email of my receipt they 'lost' it. So I sent it again, and again, and again. Just to make sure. This is what happens when you outsource customer service.

This is the email that I sent them today:

Hi all, I need someone from your end to call a shipping company to pick up the Dead On Arrival (DOA) TC-P65VT60 you sent me in exchange for my defective TC-P65VT50. I received this replacement TV on November 26th and called on November 27th when it became clear that the TV was defective. I have called Panasonic on November 29th, December 4th, December 10th, and December 12th. There has been no action on your part to remedy this situation. All you need to do is to call Pilot or some other freight company to pick it up the DOA TC-P65VT60. I need you to pick it up so that you will issue me the check you have promised in the amount of my purchase price for my original TC-P65VT50, $XXXX. The phone number for Pilot Freight is 1-800-447-4568. I will need to miss work on XXX in order to accept delivery of the TV I ordered to replace my defective VT50. It would be appreciated if you could call Pilot and arrange the pickup of the DOA TV for this same date. Action on your behalf is required to take care of this situation. Thanks.

post #735 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:

I didn't have that particular problem, but the process goes at a snails pace. Just keep at it, call every 48 hours.
post #736 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I didn't have that particular problem, but the process goes at a snails pace. Just keep at it, call every 48 hours.

I will, and I refuse to send a fax of my pictures. It's hard enough to see the blobs on a good jpg file. I printed off the files to fax them and then decided I'll just keep emailing until the get the actual files.

And btw...I used some resources I have to send an email to a c-level executive at Panasonic North America to make sure they were aware of what seems to be dying customer service from their soon to be dismantled plasma division. Loyal customers deserve to be treated better and their warranties should be honored just as any other consumer product warranty would be.

I'm not optimistic, but I will keep after them.
Todd68 and Donat76 like this.

My current SACD list
post #737 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:

I will, and I refuse to send a fax of my pictures. It's hard enough to see the blobs on a good jpg file. I printed off the files to fax them and then decided I'll just keep emailing until the get the actual files.

And btw...I used some resources I have to send an email to a c-level executive at Panasonic North America to make sure they were aware of what seems to be dying customer service from their soon to be dismantled plasma division. Loyal customers deserve to be treated better and their warranties should be honored just as any other consumer product warranty would be.

I'm not optimistic, but I will keep after them.

Good job, I don't think Panasonic could legally get away with not honoring the warranty, especially since it is a defect and they already admitted it as such. Those folks chunon mentioned are being misled by somebody and need to push harder for their rights of the warranty. It seems that its mainly the pinheads at customer service that are making this an ordeal instead of a simple (as it should be) claim.

Good Luck with your claim and it will be hard not to want to chew out these customer service people. I did once already and actually it made him escalate my case. Its good we have the benefit of this thread with plenty of good advise.
post #738 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 05:05 PM

Drum roll please....

It's actually a Panel!!!! Not a VT60. So I don't know if they actually got some in stock, or ripped it out of a different unit. But what really sucks is that even if it's some long lost "new" panel...the issue is probably going to crop up again 6 months down the road, after my TV is out of warranty...
post #739 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Drum roll please....

It's actually a Panel!!!! Not a VT60. So I don't know if they actually got some in stock, or ripped it out of a different unit. But what really sucks is that even if it's some long lost "new" panel...the issue is probably going to crop up again 6 months down the road, after my TV is out of warranty...

The only other possibility is that since Panasonic had the wrong model number during most of my service request, they may have shipped a PANEL for a VT60 thinking that's what I already had. I guess I'll find out on Monday.
post #740 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 07:47 PM

Ouch! I wouldn't be afraid to bet that they sent a VT60 panel. It sounds like it was ordered when they thought you had a VT60. Maybe they can send the rest of the guts of a VT60 to complete it. tongue.gif
post #741 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 08:25 PM

Maybe a VT60 Panel can fit in my VT50 shell :-).
post #742 of 1016 Old 12-13-2013, 08:44 PM

Liked: 15
well once again no call from Panasonic. 4th time now I was going to get a call 24-48 hours.

Seeing what amazon can do for me, then going to call the CC it was charged to (if I have extend warranty through them)
post #743 of 1016 Old 12-14-2013, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Amazon took my set back well out of the return window so there is hope for that solution

Darbee DVP5000
post #744 of 1016 Old 12-16-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Amazon took my set back well out of the return window so there is hope for that solution

just to update, contacted amazon over the weekend, and it sounds like they will take the TV back. and will issue an advance refund so I can purchase a different TV.

not going with Panasonic anymore.

going to purchase the Sony KDL-55W900A. Customer service is that important to me. And sony has taken far better care of me in the past.
Donat76 likes this.
post #745 of 1016 Old 12-16-2013, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

That's awesome, my refund process was very smooth. That's a good choice(W900A) I think almost went that route myself. I have to agree my opinion of Panasonic took a hit with this issue and my unresolved issue with my current set.

Darbee DVP5000
post #746 of 1016 Old 12-16-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Update for me, although only a small one. I had mentioned that I used some of my resources to contact a C-level executive at Panasonic. Well that executive sent me a personal note over the weekend and stated "I will address this with the head of Customer Service and see what can be done to address your issue". Fingers crossed!

Steve

Update to my update: I guess escalation pays off. I received 4 (!) calls from Panasonic support this morning and direct access to their tech hotline team. The rep gave me a different email account to send my backup and when I get home later this week we will set up the service appointment. Things are rolling...finally.

Steve
churchie04 likes this.

My current SACD list
post #747 of 1016 Old 12-16-2013, 12:12 PM

Here's an update for me: I sent the same email to Panasonic every day for the past 4 days. This morning I called them and got zero update. About 15 minutes late I got a call from Panasonic corporate! I was very happy! They explained the mix up with delivery and told me about my refund check. The lady explained the amount I'd get, which did not include the $900 in gift cards I'd used on the purchase. I proceeded to go ape sh!t on her. Sorry! Wow. Really?! Just got an email from her though and they will be sending me a check for the full amount. I'll believe it when I deposit the check though.

post #748 of 1016 Old 12-16-2013, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Update for me, although only a small one. I had mentioned that I used some of my resources to contact a C-level executive at Panasonic. Well that executive sent me a personal note over the weekend and stated "I will address this with the head of Customer Service and see what can be done to address your issue". Fingers crossed!

Steve

Update to my update: I guess escalation pays off. I received 4 (!) calls from Panasonic support this morning and direct access to their tech hotline team. The rep gave me a different email account to send my backup and when I get home later this week we will set up the service appointment. Things are rolling...finally.

Steve

Awesome !!!

Darbee DVP5000
post #749 of 1016 Old 12-16-2013, 03:03 PM

Here's my update, service company called and said Panasonic found the VT50 replacement panel is not available, No really? rolleyes.gif Said Panasonic will give me a replacement TV, but they are waiting to replenish stock. No time frame yet but service company said they would notify me when (if) they get more information.
post #750 of 1016 Old 12-16-2013, 03:20 PM

Amazon advance refund processed. Order from Amazon placed for the sony kdl55w900a. Should be here Friday. I thought about getting the TV at bestbuy because they have the same price. But I doubt that amazon would ever take back a tv 6 months after I purchased.

Amazon deserved my business.
scirica and mo949 like this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page