VT50 yellow-ish blob on display - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 995 Old 06-09-2014, 02:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
One more added point. My improvement is still holding up very well after surgery, but I always view THX cinema calibrated and when I check calibrated pro the blobs are good also. This means that if I can still see a hint on normal mode then calibration can be of some benefit.
mo949 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 995 Old 06-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
After 2 weeks on the ECO/Energy Saving mode, I can report that it does help to significantly reduce the yellow blob on both sides. With ECO/Energy Saving off, the blobs would catch my attention on every high APL image. Now, I don't really see the blobs unless I actively look for them. For my next re-calibration, I intend to do so with ECO/Energy Saving turned on.

Sean
post #993 of 995 Old 06-25-2014, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
After 2 weeks on the ECO/Energy Saving mode, I can report that it does help to significantly reduce the yellow blob on both sides. With ECO/Energy Saving off, the blobs would catch my attention on every high APL image. Now, I don't really see the blobs unless I actively look for them. For my next re-calibration, I intend to do so with ECO/Energy Saving turned on.
Stash64 very cool thinking. I wonder what exactly the Eco mode does. Apart from adjusting contrast automatically depending on ambient light.

It could somehow reduce other energy resources taking heat away from the panel. I don't know but well done on bringing new thoughts to this thread
post #994 of 995 Old 06-25-2014, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crudesinger View Post
Stash64 very cool thinking. I wonder what exactly the Eco mode does. Apart from adjusting contrast automatically depending on ambient light.

It could somehow reduce other energy resources taking heat away from the panel. I don't know but well done on bringing new thoughts to this thread
If my blobs come back on the new panel (hoping not) I'll give this a try!

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Paradigm Signature 1.5 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
post #995 of 995 Old 06-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crudesinger View Post

I don't think it is dependent on ambient light. I think it just rolls off the brightness/contrast on high APL images. Another side benefit that I noticed from the very beginning is that board "buzzing" is also reduced. I did use the ECO Energy Saving during the first couple months with my VT50 for break in and also because I am sensitive to the buzzing, but I ended up calibrating with Energy Saving turned off.

Overall, I really prefer the reduced brightness under high APL. The picture seems to have more depth and blacks appear blacker, even with moderate APL images.

Sean
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page