VT50 yellow-ish blob on display - Page 35 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #1021 of 1023 Old 04-02-2015, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Yeah, I know. Always wondered if it would happen. Like I said though, I honestly don't care that much with how much it really impacts things when I'm watching my films, since I don't really notice it then unless I really strain to see it. Definitely one of those issues you'd have a fun time trying to explain to someone in person even viva AVS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1023 Old 01-23-2016, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I know this is an older thread but i just wanted to update my own findings after a few years since my last reply.

I was one of the original people to go with fans on the back along with the VSUS pot tweak on the back of the TV along with the service menu vsus low to high setting.

I now have 10000 hours and I have noticed that internal programmed voltage increases that are programmed to automatically increase little by little as more hours put into the TV set has removed all discoloring. In another words, now that i've reached 10,000 hours all pink and yellow tinting is now gone from all white screens with no fans needed now.

One thing i noticed over the last year or so...when i initially did VSUS pot tweak, tweaking too much created "sparkles" as others pointed out in here...well I use my UT50 as a PC monitor to do a lot of editing of videos, gaming and watching movies, surfing the net,etc ...recently about 6 months ago i noticed all of a sudden my tv started to get the "sparkles" at the top edge of the screen on its own...it immediately reminded me of when i did the pot tweak on the back of the tv two years ago when i initially tweaked it a bit too far. So when i saw these sparkle artifacts return...I remembered that these TV's are programmed to increase voltages over time to compensate usage slowly by automatically raising voltages in tiny increments. So that just proves why my TV has all pink and yellow blobs gone..This is with back fans off and VSUS back to Low and ECO Energy On.

So those of you still wondering, yes it does get better with age for what it's worth.
mo949 likes this.
post #1023 of 1023 Old 01-24-2016, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I concur. I had the blobs and pretty bad a couple years ago, but over the last year or so I have seen the yellowing diminish to the point that I only rarely notice a very slight discoloration on the right side. For the most part, I do not see it even when I try to pick it up on a bright scene. I too changed over to Eco Energy On shortly after the blobs became apparent and have left it on. Another benefit of Eco Energy is reduced buzzing.
mo949 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page