Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Thats not that uncommon. I have 2500 hrs on my 60ST50 and its that way. I dont notice it unless I look for it.
Are you saying you get that with the menu also?

You definitley cannot see it with anything on the screen. Actually, you really can't see it on a white screen unless you put your face up to and and know exactly what you are looking for but I know it is there. I have about 120 hours on the panel. Like I said the menu would have not been up there for more then 10-15 minutes at one time so it is weird it would leave IR that would not immediatley dissapear.
Eric, I think you need help. eek.gif

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingChicken View Post

Speaking of the remote; anyone know if there is a separate signal for power on and power off? My Harmony One had them listed for my last TV (Samsung), and they really make switching between devices easier than with just a power toggle.

The ST60 supports discrete on/off as well as input selection, which are among the things I'm able to use via my JP1 remote. This makes it a lot easier to set up macros, though the TV won't respond to input commands for up to 10 seconds after powering on.
post #3243 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawfish View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by msobetzko View Post

Sadly I don't know anyone with an old Panny TV, but will ask around.

I did discover the TIMER functions in the menu and I am using it to turn the TV of same time every day. Likely this will be good enough, but change is hard.

If you have a universal remote with a sleep button, it is possible that one of its Panasonic TV codes will enable it. I can confirm Sleep is still enabled in the ST60 by using my RCA RCRP05B (about $15), which is what I routinely use to get "discrete codes" not on device remotes that are nevertheless supported by the devices. I then use the RCA to teach the non-programmable learning remote I actually use. However, the RCA does not have a dedicated Sleep button, so it's not going to work for you OOTB. I can still map the Sleep function to a button when I program it with a JP1 cable using the RMIR program. It is supposed to be possible to manually enter codes into JP1 remotes, but the 994 method doesn't work for me unless I first have programmed it using the cable. That is, while I can enter the same device code and set the remote up as a Panasonic TV by hand, I can't use 994 to enter EFCs; the remote accepts them, but they don't work. I am able to enter EFCs by hand after uploading an upgrade with RMIR. I mention this in case anyone here is familiar with this, because if I could get the fully manual method working, it would be a reasonably cheap and easy solution for you, and it might have future applications even without getting into RMIR and programming with a cable. Plus, the RCA is a decent remote in its own right.

Anyway, see if you can locate a universal remote that has a dedicated Sleep button, set it up as a Panasonic TV, and it should work.

D'oh! My old Sony RM-VL600 has a dedicated Sleep button, and Panasonic code 8016 enables it. I'd expect current models like this one to support it, too (code might be different, though):

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-RMVZ220-Control-Compatible-Components/dp/B00385XUF6/ref=pd_cp_e_2

From the picture, it has a Sleep button, and it's only $10.
post #3244 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Eric, I think you need help. eek.gif
Haha....come on, we are all a little crazy here. If not, we would all own LED's with terrible flash lighting that wouldn't bother us. Lol

I think the LED section has it's fair share of OCD folks but it is the Plasma section where the Elite go.
post #3245 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

Haha....come on, we are all a little crazy here. If not, we would all own LED's with terrible flash lighting that wouldn't bother us. Lol

I think the LED section has it's fair share of OCD folks but it is the Plasma section where the Elite go.

"A little" is an understatement....reading AVS is like exiting the Matrix. Once you take the red pill, there is no going back to normalcy. The best I can do at this point is "educate" my friends so they too can stress about minor issues biggrin.gif.
DocVegas likes this.
post #3246 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post

Hey Guys, quick question about wall mounitng this TV. I am planning on getting either the 60 or 65. I am going to get the wall mount off of Monoprice. What VESA pattern are these tv's or what do i have to look for when ordering one of the wall mounts? I was looking at this one http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=4174&seq=1&format=2#description. Would it work?

Thanks!

Bump! sorry, but I am planning on ordering this today. Thanks.
post #3247 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:

I don't think the pattern matters, as long as the mount is big enough and strong enough for your display, it should work. Just make sure you have the proper screw size and spacers if required.

But don't quote me on this wink.gif

Take a look at the owners manual - I think it's in the first post on this thread, or on the Panasonic website for sure.

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #3248 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM

Liked: 30
Quote:

That should work fine.
post #3249 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump909 View Post

That should work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

I don't think the pattern matters, as long as the mount is big enough and strong enough for your display, it should work. Just make sure you have the proper screw size and spacers if required.

But don't quote me on this wink.gif

Take a look at the owners manual - I think it's in the first post on this thread, or on the Panasonic website for sure.

Perfect, thanks guys.
post #3250 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

So it looks like the pixel flipper removed the menu IR for now. I was litterally turning my head upside down trying to see it. Don't think I did. Still going into the sd/usb section leaves IR of the word media but quickly disappears once another screen comes on. It is just weird how some of the Panasonic menu's items like to stick around but no sign of anything else doing this.

Anyway, I know 3d has been in question to a lot of people. I just watched some 3net just now. I am going to say this. With motion smoother turned to mid, it does not create the SOE like people think. It does not look like it was recorded on a cheap camcorder. You really have to see it to understand. It looks nothing like what you would think with a motion smoother on. Having said that, the 3d is pretty incredible on this TV. I truly believe it looks better then my last Samsung e7000 plasma as well as the LG passive 3d sets I have tried in my home.

It is unfortunate you have to change some settings to get the 3d to work, and I am sure a lot of non technical people who buy this TV will have no idea how to get the 3d to look good, but let me tell you, It looks good! I think what initially scared me was I rented a 3d movie from VUDU and no matter what I did it did not look good at all! I am coughing that up to their service and their stream is probably not good enough for 3d. Also, I had an mkv file that looked okay but was not perfect. It was an entire 3d movie but it was only 700mb so I am sure that has a lot to do with it.

Watching blu ray 3d's and also watching 3net has shown that TV has some great 3d depth and pop out, probably some of the best I have seen once you change some settings around.
post #3251 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 02:18 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

So it looks like the pixel flipper removed the menu IR for now. I was litterally turning my head upside down trying to see it. Don't think I did. Still going into the sd/usb section leaves IR of the word media but quickly disappears once another screen comes on. It is just weird how some of the Panasonic menu's items like to stick around but no sign of anything else doing this.

Anyway, I know 3d has been in question to a lot of people. I just watched some 3net just now. I am going to say this. With motion smoother turned to mid, it does not create the SOE like people think. It does not look like it was recorded on a cheap camcorder. You really have to see it to understand. It looks nothing like what you would think with a motion smoother on. Having said that, the 3d is pretty incredible on this TV. I truly believe it looks better then my last Samsung e7000 plasma as well as the LG passive 3d sets I have tried in my home.

It is unfortunate you have to change some settings to get the 3d to work, and I am sure a lot of non technical people who buy this TV will have no idea how to get the 3d to look good, but let me tell you, It looks good! I think what initially scared me was I rented a 3d movie from VUDU and no matter what I did it did not look good at all! I am coughing that up to their service and their stream is probably not good enough for 3d. Also, I had an mkv file that looked okay but was not perfect. It was an entire 3d movie but it was only 700mb so I am sure that has a lot to do with it.

Watching blu ray 3d's and also watching 3net has shown that TV has some great 3d depth and pop out, probably some of the best I have seen once you change some settings around.

Are there separate settings for 3D vs 2D? Or do you have to specifically go in and switch motion smoother on when watching 3D, then remember to turn it back off for 2D?
post #3252 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhenrickson View Post

Are there separate settings for 3D vs 2D? Or do you have to specifically go in and switch motion smoother on when watching 3D, then remember to turn it back off for 2D?
I have the standard setting setup for 3d. So when I go into 3d mode it automatically switches to my 3d settings on standard with motion smoother on. When I go back to 2d, it goes back to my custom setting with motion smoother turned off. I am not sure if I were to use standard mode for 3d and 2d if the actually settings would change within the same setup. But because it switches to a different setup for 2d and 3d it is not an issue at all. So once you are setup, no need to touch anything after that as far as settings are concerned when switching between 2d and 3d.
post #3253 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

For the 55" and 60" the VESA pattern is 500mm x 300mm. For the 65" it's 684mm x 300mm.

Anyway, according to the mount you linked, that would probably work for either of those panels.
post #3254 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

The ST60 supports discrete on/off as well as input selection, which are among the things I'm able to use via my JP1 remote. This makes it a lot easier to set up macros, though the TV won't respond to input commands for up to 10 seconds after powering on.

Good to know, thanks!
Any idea how to retrieve them for use on the Harmony One?
post #3255 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 03:03 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:

FYI ....I own 17 3D bluray movies ALL of them look AWESOME - I did set the motion smoother to High/strong but it does NOT look like SOE - it just looks 3D. I also started to watch a few of the "3D previews on 3net" - that 3D looks horrible compared to the actual blurays. Do NOT judge the 3D quality of this TV based on that. It looks processed and converted". Go get REAL bluray 3D content. I bought under the sea IMAX and Hubble IMAX from BBY for $9.99 after coupon - they look amazing. Also watched Avatar bluray 3D - also looks amazing. Get one of those to "TeST" the 3D on this TV and see how good it can look. I am impressed.
post #3256 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Every since the C-Net review this thread is on fire !

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #3257 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Biased or not a good review is a good review.. ( I sya that as I have seen a few say cnet is a bit more than biased towards panasonic)

And a good review with such strong wording means people will flock wink.gif

I also noticed a couple of the other Post-Cal graphs ive seen seems theres a bit more to squeeze out compared to what Dave from cent was able to do.

Not sure how noticeable the difference would be but really making me want to get my set calibrated

EMP E55ti | EMP E56ci | Polk T15's for surround duty | Ultimax 15" Sub | Integra 40.2 | Rotel 976 | Panasonic 60ST60
post #3258 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Blu View Post

FYI ....I own 17 3D bluray movies ALL of them look AWESOME - I did set the motion smoother to High/strong but it does NOT look like SOE - it just looks 3D. I also started to watch a few of the "3D previews on 3net" - that 3D looks horrible compared to the actual blurays. Do NOT judge the 3D quality of this TV based on that. It looks processed and converted". Go get REAL bluray 3D content. I bought under the sea IMAX and Hubble IMAX from BBY for $9.99 after coupon - they look amazing. Also watched Avatar bluray 3D - also looks amazing. Get one of those to "TeST" the 3D on this TV and see how good it can look. I am impressed.
I have Avatar and Ice Age 3d blu rays. As far as 3net, I know it is not a good base to judge by but comparing that channel to other other 3d tv's I have watched it on, it has looked the best on the ST60.

It is good to know that the 3d looks good consistently through all your discs as I only had 2 to go through.
post #3259 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Got my 60" ST60 in today.

My mind is just completely blown. I don't even know to put into words how amazing this set is. Going from my crummy old 42 inch low end Phillips LCD to this is just more awesome than I ever could have imagined.
post #3260 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Every since the C-Net review this thread is on fire !

#1 thread on AVS for days now.. according to the AVS homepage

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #3261 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:

D'oh! My old Sony RM-VL600 has a dedicated Sleep button, and Panasonic code 8016 enables it. I'd expect current models like this one to support it, too (code might be different, though):

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-RMVZ220-Control-Compatible-Components/dp/B00385XUF6/ref=pd_cp_e_2

From the picture, it has a Sleep button, and it's only $10.

Just ordered it.

Will report in if it works. If it does, I should be able to use learn mode on the universal.

Thanks.
post #3262 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

Do you notice is the sharpness is generally much improved on the ST60 compared to the ST50?

Mostly its the brightness. My ST50 had a bunch of problems, and brightness must have been another one which at the time I hadn't really figured. It was a bland picture, and always dark. This ST60 even on the default settings is BEAUTIFUL.
post #3263 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post

Whether it's input lag, 3d, or whatever, the response from Panasonic to the ST60 complaints seem to be mainly the giant middle finger.

I think we all need to send in a complaint about this. If enough people do they may do something about it.

Where do we send our complaints?
post #3264 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchilde View Post

Yeah, they're giving us a middle finger for just about everything. I called in earlier yesterday to their parts department to ask for a part number for the VT60 A board because it wasn't listed on their site so they sent me over to customer service. I'm like how are they going to get me the part number, YOU'RE the parts department! Pretty much just gave me the finger. I wonder if Panny has a policy like, if someone asks for a part, send them to a completely different department and give them the run around.

I'm not sure what to do. Exchange the ST60 for a Sammy, of which in order to get the same PQ or better I'd have to get a F8500, or simply get my money back. I don't think I want another Panny after this, Panny's service has been pretty bad. The UT50 had a bad bow at the top of the screen which all UT50's I've seen locally had, and the ST60 is not meeting my needs. Maybe it's time to move on.

F8500 has high input lag but incredible picture quality, however there is a custom firmware scene for Samsung.
F5500 has all the features of the ST60 but with a seriously awful pentile display and no AR filter.
S60 has inferior picture quality, is not 3D, no AR filter, but good input lag.
VT60 isn't even available in my region and my local Sears is saying they aren't even getting that TV in.
GT60 isn't even available in my continent.

Aarrrrghghgh. I'm never going to TV shop again after this. This is a consumer nightmare!

What is the problem with your ST60?
post #3265 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am concerned about the IR on this TV. I am seeing slight IR when it comes to the word 'Menu' when you bring up the settings menu. On a white screen you can see menu very faintly and slides have not removed it. I now ran the Disney Wow Pixel Flipper all night and when I looked this morning I thing it was almost all gone but can slightly notice it was there. I will leave on the flipper all day today as well to see if all signs of it will totally dissapear.

It is not like the menu is up for hours that this IR should be so hard to remove. Maybe 10 minutes at a time or so. Hopefully it cleans itself up. I do find that the upper left corner has been more prone to IR in general. When you click on the SD/USB button on the remote the word 'media' will show on a white screen at first but that clears away in a matter of a minute.

After watching "The Following" last night with all the dark black scenes I just cannot imagine going to an LED TV that will just destroy all those dark scenes with terrible blacks and flashlighting. Hopefully this cleans itself up. I do have an extended Best Buy warranty that will cover burn in but still, it is not something I want to deal with.

I wouldn't worry about it. I noticed (and worried about) the same thing when I got my GT50. The Menu logo was present because I was messing with settings a lot early on and the panel was still breaking in. It cleared up and was never a issue again...having said that my GT50 was very prone to IR.
post #3266 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 04:57 PM

Checked out this TV at HH Gregg. They had ESPN news on continuously. I turned the tv off then fiddled with it to check for IR but could not find any. It was set to vivid.
post #3267 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 04:59 PM

Greetings All

Just received the TC-P55ST60 and have a question about the internal speakers. I'm setting up a 7.1 sound system and would like to use the internal speakers for the center channel if possible.

My idea/desire would be to use a Y-splitter RCA cable from the center channel audio pre-amp output of the AV receiver to the left and right audio inputs on the Pani panel. Would this work and if so are there any odd issues with phasing, time delay, or volume control? I haven't set up the display as I'm still configuring the room. My fall back plan would be to install a "regular" center channel speaker above the display.

thanks much
JohnG
post #3268 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymg View Post

Just received the TC-P55ST60 and have a question about the internal speakers. I'm setting up a 7.1 sound system and would like to use the internal speakers for the center channel if possible.

:::cringe:::
post #3269 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

I wouldn't worry about it. I noticed (and worried about) the same thing when I got my GT50. The Menu logo was present because I was messing with settings a lot early on and the panel was still breaking in. It cleared up and was never a issue again...having said that my GT50 was very prone to IR.
Good to know!

For anyone wanting to check out the 2d -> 3d conversation, it is kind of the opposite of the 3d settings. You need to turn off motion smoother and set 3d depth to either low or medium. It is not something I would use but it does work with these settings.
post #3270 of 12909 Old 04-30-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

The guys at my local Paul"s TV hooked me up with a test run for 3D on a 50'' ST60. It was Promethius and it looked good. I couldn't figure out how to engage 96hz. mode but even in 120hz with motion smoother OFF the motion didn't look too bad. Im sure with more time with it I will be able to tune in a decent 3D picture. This has set my mind at ease a bit about the issue.

Also the TV looks just great in 2D. Paul's is a much better (darker) environment for viewing than BB so this was the first real trial run for me. I compared it to the 51'' 8500. The Samsung is obviously brighter but beyond that (and maybe just very slightly better video processing) the ST60 held its own! And in fact I preferred the picture on the ST60 in many ways. And at half the price its a no brainer IMO.

Now to get a 60'' version of one of these in my home! Just gonna wait a couple weeks to see if I can get it on sale for $100-$200 off (I have this issue with paying full price for anything). wink.gif

Not sure but I thought I may have seen a slight green blob, noticeable on the white ice while watching hockey. Anyone else seeing any issues like this?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page