Forum Jump: 

post #3601 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0 View Post

In general, is Panasonic just terrible at updating their products firmware? I know the lag has no chance being fixed because the firmware is design like it is and panasonic wouldn't want to try and problem solve it. But, the no 48hz in 3D is unacceptable, since the ST50 only looked good in 48hz. Would a firmware update to enable 48hz be simple for panasonic?

Send them an email. Make sure they know the customer wants this looked into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3602 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 12:53 PM

Liked: 11
So my impressions so far: Love it. I haven't even noticed any IR yet but i've been careful. Didn't bother to put any slides on and probably won't. I've been fiddling with settings to get something decent for now until I get it calibrated and I think I like D-nice slightly more than Cnets settings. The only small drawbacks I notice easily are the dithering (since i'm sitting 6.5 feet from my 65" atm), and the little white specks that are apparently part of the dithering noise sometimes? It's very minor so it doesn't impact me much.

I thought buzzing would be a problem since I am VERY sensitive to noise but the buzzing that does occur on near pure white backgrounds is not that unpleasant a hum. It's similar to a poor ballast for flourescent bulbs hum but much lower. I find the fan noise in my old LCD to be more annoying at night.
But yes I have been an avid member of silentpcreview.com for a long time and am pretty well obsessive about my computer noise and I don't really find the buzzing of my st60 to be enough of a problem to matter/bug me. Mostly the only time I notice it is very bright backgrounds with a very low volume level which happens extremely rarely.

Honestly the biggest downside to me coming from two 42" tvs is noticing pixels much easier from my viewing distance... I wish it was a 4k tv...
post #3603 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Agree, mid or strong. Weak does not do much. Also, -3 if you want more popout. +3 will push everything back more into the TV. That is personal preference on what you enjoy more.

Really this guys post on review site says opposite

3D Viewing Quality – Dark and Deep!

After ramping up the 3D picture a bit through the Custom setting (Motion Smoother to Strong setting, 3D Adjustment setting to +3) we got a very solid 3D picture that popped.
post #3604 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

After ramping up the 3D picture a bit through the Custom setting (Motion Smoother to Strong setting, 3D Adjustment setting to +3) we got a very solid 3D picture that popped.
Try them both and you tell me. When he says popped, he might not be meaning it as popout but a picture that was good with pop.

I am not by my TV but I am pretty sure when moving into the positives the picture started fading further back into the TV.
post #3605 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:

You also get a ton of SOE; no thanks. And for whatever reason the positive slider pulls the image further back and the negative pushes it forward (you would think it would be the reverse). I personally prefer it in the middle of not slightly pushed back as to not be in my face.
post #3606 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingChicken View Post

You also get a ton of SOE; no thanks. And for whatever reason the positive slider pulls the image further back and the negative pushes it forward (you would think it would be the reverse). I personally prefer it in the middle of not slightly pushed back as to not be in my face.

I am did not see a lot of SOE with using motion smoother in 3d but do see it in 2D.
sweet going to try Motion smoother to high or mid and - 1 or -2 on 2d adjustment when watching Hobbit tonight

side note: watched Iron Man 3 yesterday in 3d and barely noticed and items in 3D, LOL
post #3607 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 01:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Blu View Post

I posted Thursday about how the Best Buy premier silver membership offered a FREE calibration.

The geek squad guy just left.
Thank for your calibration report. I've added a link in the flat panel (post number two) list for BB calibrations in the thread that's linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post.

Enjoy.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3608 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Okay now from personal experience I have tried 6 different settings (all other people who calibrated their individual sets WITH equipment) but here is what my calibrator came up with today on MY set. Let me know if anything sticks out to you, but I am super pleased with these on MY set.

Side note: I used one of the settings I got from another member on here and they were pretty close to inline calibration on his computer but the reds were high so don't be surprised if you see something different on your set when you plug these in.
Looks pretty good so far, nice and bright and colors look good. Wonder how blacks will look at night but pretty good for daytime.

Thanks for sharing!
post #3609 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 247
I should join the club ST60 next week, I expect the full review of the friend "Nicolas" (HDfever) ... cool.gif

Pioneer LX 5090H + Démo G5  C+ Csat HD + DD et la TNT + Pioneer LX55 + Sony BD-S790 ... Pana 50 ST60 + PS3 BD + Pioneer BD320 ... CRT Philips 32 PW 9520 P+2 DNM + TNT Thomson DTI 652 + Pioneer DV 380 ... BR 137 .

post #3610 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

side note: watched Iron Man 3 yesterday in 3d and barely noticed and items in 3D, LOL
Iron Man 3 is only a 3D conversion that was originally filmed in 2D...
post #3611 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Hmm I noticed on my tv, on the very right edge I have a faint green vertical line from top to bottom, about a 1 pixel in width id guess? I changed the format to 4:3 but instead of the faint line being on the edge of the screen, its on the right edge of the 4:3 picture. Cant notice it when using the tv, only if I'm 2 inches away from my screen staring at it. Not really an issue but still puzzles me why? No matter what ratio I use, there's always a faint green line at the edge of the picture. The line still shows other colors its just more green dominant?
post #3612 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

I should join the club ST60 next week, I expect the full review of the friend "Nicolas" (HDfever) ... cool.gif

Hi,

Happy owner of a 50ST60 since one week, I just can say one thing to you:

You WON'T be disappointed!

Yu don't even need to wait for N.B review.smile.gif
post #3613 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBas View Post

Got the TV on the wall last Tuesday, BTW buy M8 1.25 x 25mm bolts if your wall mounting, they work perfectly.

Dumb question but can I not just use whatever came with the wall mount? I;ve seen a few posts about bolts and am now wondering if I need to buy some.

post #3614 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabearfan101 View Post

Hmm I noticed on my tv, on the very right edge I have a faint green vertical line from top to bottom, about a 1 pixel in width id guess? I changed the format to 4:3 but instead of the faint line being on the edge of the screen, its on the right edge of the 4:3 picture. Cant notice it when using the tv, only if I'm 2 inches away from my screen staring at it. Not really an issue but still puzzles me why? No matter what ratio I use, there's always a faint green line at the edge of the picture. The line still shows other colors its just more green dominant?

I noticed that too, but I think that's true for any display. All pixels are aligned RGB. So, our eyes are more sensitive to green, yes? So when you have a bright image, usually green is doing a lot of work.

RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB
RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB
RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB
RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB
RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB
RGB RGB RGB RGB RGB

^ This would be white with all the phosphors on.

At some point, you may notice the vertical line of green pixels on the edges because of how our eyes see green, especially on material that isn't using a lot of blue color. It may look more like this:

RG RG RG RG RG
RG RG RG RG RG
RG RG RG RG RG
RG RG RG RG RG
RG RG RG RG RG
RG RG RG RG RG

And since green is the brightest edge color, and your eyes are most sensitive to green, you'll tend to notice it.
post #3615 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 02:56 PM

I have a basic question...

I have a simplistic surround sound system.
I have my PS3 connected to the ST60 via HDMI input 2.
Is there any way to have the ST60 pass the PS3 HDMI Dolby and DTS digital signal via the ST60 Optical out so that my surround system can decode the multi-channel audio?
At the moment, the ST60 down mixes 5.1 audio and passes it via optical out to the receiver of my audio system.

Thank You,

Milan
post #3616 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockphantom View Post

I have a basic question...

I have a simplistic surround sound system.
I have my PS3 connected to the ST60 via HDMI input 2.
Is there any way to have the ST60 pass the PS3 HDMI Dolby and DTS digital signal via the ST60 Optical out so that my surround system can decode the multi-channel audio?
At the moment, the ST60 down mixes 5.1 audio and passes it via optical out to the receiver of my audio system.

Thank You,

Milan

Just run the optical straight out of the PS3 to the RECIEVER
post #3617 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 03:43 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansebiz View Post

I have the same issue but these steps didn't work for me.

My PS3 worked great on HDMI 1. When I powered down the TV and PS3, changed the cable to HDMI 2 and powered the TV then PS3 on I get the "No signal" message on the TV.

I even tried unplugging the power cables of the TV and PS3 for a couple minutes, reconnecting and powering on, but it still didn't work (via HDMI 2).

Is there anything else I can try to get the HDMI 2 or 3 inputs working?

How did the PS3 gaming feel to you?

post #3618 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWite View Post

Hey guy just got my st60 this week, looks great but I can seem to find a good mount that swivels and extends. What is the consensus on the best wall mounts for this tv?
Here are excellent mount, but they will cost you. You can see why though right in the pics........

Click Here and Click Here
MrWite likes this.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #3619 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:

I am did not see a lot of SOE with using motion smoother in 3d but do see it in 2D.
sweet going to try Motion smoother to high or mid and - 1 or -2 on 2d adjustment when watching Hobbit tonight

It's most definitely there, but I think with some content you just have to have it on. I may watch Prometheus 3D tonight, which was one of my best 3D experiences in theaters thus far, so hopefully I find it enjoyable.
post #3620 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 04:12 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWite View Post

Hey guy just got my st60 this week, looks great but I can seem to find a good mount that swivels and extends. What is the consensus on the best wall mounts for this tv?

There is no "best mount" per se, just choose one that fits your particular needs. My favorite is the Peerless PLA50 series (and the larger PLA60) - it's solid as a rock and since it has a single articulated arm, it extends further and is more configurable than the double-opposing arm mounts.
MrWite likes this.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #3621 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 04:31 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethean View Post

Dumb question but can I not just use whatever came with the wall mount? I;ve seen a few posts about bolts and am now wondering if I need to buy some.

The wall mount may or may not come with the right size screws for your particular TV. The M8 screws that came with some of the mounts i've installed were either too short or too long and were not within the specified length range for the TVs so i had to pick up a selection at Home Depot that were the correct length.

Your TV's manual has the required length range info and it's important to adhere to the spec. If they're too short then they won't securely hold the TV to the bracket. Too long and they can punch through the bottom of the threaded inserts inside the TV and damage critical components behind them. It's happened to folks here.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #3622 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 05:11 PM

hello, compared with the previous model st50, st60 is better in fast motion?? confused.gif
post #3623 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 05:51 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post

How did the PS3 gaming feel to you?

It felt great. I played Red Dead, Journey, Batman AC, Heavy Rain & Killzone 2 with game mode off & on and did not notice any input lag.

Not saying it's not there, just saying I didn't notice it & I was actively looking for it.
Omni009 likes this.

Panasonic tc-p60st60 | Onkyo tx-nr626 | Paradigm CT 110 | HTPC | PS3 Slim | Xbox 360 Slim
post #3624 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 05:57 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansebiz View Post

It felt great. I played Red Dead, Journey, Batman AC, Heavy Rain & Killzone 2 with game mode off & on and did not notice any input lag.

Not saying it's not there, just saying I didn't notice it & I was actively looking for it.

Thanks man. Wow, Killzone 2 is one of the laggiest games there is (in it's original PS2 version). Don't suppose you have Killzone 3 and a move controller you could test for me? I've been wondering about that one.

post #3625 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 06:19 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post

Thanks man. Wow, Killzone 2 is one of the laggiest games there is (in it's original PS2 version). Don't suppose you have Killzone 3 and a move controller you could test for me? I've been wondering about that one.

Sorry I don't have a Move or Killzone 3.

Panasonic tc-p60st60 | Onkyo tx-nr626 | Paradigm CT 110 | HTPC | PS3 Slim | Xbox 360 Slim
post #3626 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres Martucci View Post

hello, compared with the previous model st50, st60 is better in fast motion?? confused.gif

2500 focused field drive in the ST60 cool.gif

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #3627 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 06:48 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:

Okay now from personal experience I have tried 6 different settings (all other people who calibrated their individual sets WITH equipment) but here is what my calibrator came up with today on MY set. Let me know if anything sticks out to you, but I am super pleased with these on MY set.

Side note: I used one of the settings I got from another member on here and they were pretty close to inline calibration on his computer but the reds were high so don't be surprised if you see something different on your set when you plug these in.

Custom
Contrast 89
Brightness +3
Color 52
Tint 0
Sharpness 45 (personal preference)
Color temp - warm 2
Vivid color - off
C.A.T.S. - off
Video NR - off
MPEG NR - off
Motion smoother - off

Pro settings
Panel brightness - mid
AGC - 0
Black extension - 0
Color gamut - normal - side note: set to Native if you want an LED looking colors

W/B detail adjustment
High R 0
High G 0
High B -3
Low R 0
Low G 0
Low B 1

More detail adjustment
10 IRE -13, -2, 9
20 IRE 9, -4, -10
30 IRE 5, -4, -12
40 IRE 6, 0, -6
50 IRE -1, 0, -10
60 IRE 0, 0, -8
70 IRE -7, -2, -2
80 IRE -6, 2, -4
90 IRE -6, -2, -3
100 IRE -9, 0, 6

Color detail adjustment
Red hue -4
Red sat -2
Red lum -2
Green hue 1
Green sat -37
Green lum -1
Blue hue -2
Blue sat -18
Blue lum -12

Gamma detail

More detail adjustment
10 IRE -2
20 IRE -2
30 IRE -1
40 IRE -1
50 IRE -1
60 IRE -1
70 IRE -1
80 IRE -1
90 IRE -1
100 IRE 0

Game mode - off
24p direct in - 60hz (personal preference)
1080p pixel direct - off
3:2 pull down - off (greyed out)
Black level - light

Screen settings
Overscan - Off
H size - 1
Screen display - on
4:3 side bars - high
Pixel orbiter - auto

If i recall you are in my neck of the woods, do you remember who did your calibration? I also am a silver BB Rewards member and would like to arrange for him to come out if possible.

| Panasonic TC-P60ST60 | Pioneer Elite SC-81 | Sony PlayStation 3 | Sony PlayStation 4 | DirecTV HR44 Genie |
post #3628 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 07:03 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fester99 View Post

If i recall you are in my neck of the woods, do you remember who did your calibration? I also am a silver BB Rewards member and would like to arrange for him to come out if possible.

His name was Derek. His territory is crystal River to Bradenton. I think he goes as far East as Lakeland. He is supposed to email me with the report so I will ask him if he knows the tech in your area if its not him. Which city are you in again?
post #3629 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester99 View Post

Quote:

His name was Derek. His territory is crystal River to Bradenton. I think he goes as far East as Lakeland. He is supposed to email me with the report so I will ask him if he knows the tech in your area if its not him. Which city are you in again?
I must say I do like the settings you posted. Watched some stuff tonight and was very satisfied. I did lower the brightness to +1 and of course changed the sharpness to 0.
post #3630 of 12915 Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Just to chime in here, anyone that's on the fence about this TV, get off of it! It's absolutely amazing! Just finished the break-in period and it looks great. I'm actually surprised how good HD looks from Comcast. It never looked this good before. Also, I've always thought 3D was somewhat gimmicky, but it looks amazing. Just my .02 for anyone that's looking to buy this TV.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page