Forum Jump: 

post #3901 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

There are very few reports of IR on the new 60 series models compared to IR reports on last year's 50 series so don't be so quick to paint the whole 2013 lineup with such a broad brush. Last year did see a spike in IR reports, but so far that just doesn't seem to be the case this year on the 60 series models.

And last year's 50 series weren't all plagued by IR - lots of us do not have persistent IR despite watching content with logos and tickers etc. My GT50 is very resistant to IR (hours and hours of news and auto racing etc) and what little IR i do get goes away quickly after switching channels. I'm not disputing that a lot of 50 series owners are having IR problems, but it definitely is not happening on "all" examples. And it doesn't seem to be carrying over on the new 60 series models anywhere near as widespread as last year.
It actually looks like Panasonic did improve quality control on this year's models. Why would you assume the same problems that plagued your ST50 will also plague a replacement ST60?

Have you seen any reports of a 60 series having a green tint issue?

Maybe you are right, little to early on the verdict for the ST60. I do know after having my ST50 for 8 months, these issue have appeared and I have close to a 800 plus hrs on this set. I called Panasonic and reported the problems. They sent a tech out to come look at the set and he honestly told me Panasonic isn't going to do anything about this. He told me he would talk to the Panasonic service rep and get back to me, I haven't heard from the guy and that was going on 3 week ago. I decided not to peruse it because I have a Best buy warranty and I am likely to get better results from them. I am going to wait a few months and see what kind of issue people are having with their ST60's have been broken after several hundred hours. I am not hear to discourage anyone, all I meant was I wouldn't be surprised if some of these same symptoms showed up in the ST60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansebiz View Post

Here's my initial p60st60 impressions. Will evaluate more extensively after D-Nice's slides are complete.

• Picture quality is absolutely amazing
  • 3d looks incredible with motion smoothing set to med or high
  • I'm a casual gamer and didn't notice any PS3 or 360 input lag with game mode on
  • Blacks are insane - fully black scenes make the set look like it's turned off
  • Can only hear very quiet buzzing during all-white scenes (i.e. D-Nice's slide)
  • The red LED being on when the TV is on is backwards and annoying - electrical tape took care of that
  • So glad I paid more for the 60" - would have had serious buyer's remorse if I had gotten a smaller panel
  • No problems with Abt - shipped quickly and the delivery people were great (see my price in the st60 deals thread)
  • Monoprice mount (8588) worked perfectly
  • Watching for an hour or two during the day & running D-Nice's slides overnight

Nice, I would love to see some pics

I am looking to do the same setup.

Does the mount pull out and adjust easily and is it sturdy enough while fully articulated?

Did you need to purchase any extra hardware to mount the TV properly?

Also what length and brand HDMI wires did you use?
post #3903 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Nice, I would love to see some pics

I am looking to do the same setup.

Does the mount pull out and adjust easily and is it sturdy enough while fully articulated?

Did you need to purchase any extra hardware to mount the TV properly?

Also what length and brand HDMI wires did you use?

1. Yes, the mount can extend out easily and can also rotate in case it didn't get installed perfectly level
  2. I bought 20mm m8 screws from Amazon and installed those without washers and it worked great. The mount includes 40mm washers and bracers, but I'd recommend the 20mm screws (TV manual lists a range of 17mm-23mm)
  3. I'm using the cheapest Monoprice HDMI cables, 4' for components and 6' for the receiver. I'll probably upgrade to Redmere at some point

Panasonic tc-p60st60 | Onkyo tx-nr626 | Paradigm CT 110 | HTPC | PS3 Slim | Xbox 360 Slim
post #3904 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Well, sorry but I have to leave until early next week because I have to go to the salon High END Munich for my work. I wanted to do everything possible to give you information before you go, but I have not had time to write the test to complete. I will put a break during the tests and I take upon my return. No choice

I wish I publish the test before starting, but plasma is longer than the other test a TV (running, calibration more complex, more demanding user expectations) and I have a lot of work and testing in progress. I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I will publish the test as soon as possible upon my return, I think I did a little tour of the ST60, what is certain is that all TV tested in recent years, it is my biggest slap with Blu-ray. A great TV, which probably will be some flaws, but for me the key is there: accurate color, uniform slab, no major flaws, a beautiful dive, a dynamic image, a beautiful black, for all sessions Blu-ray to fall!

Nico

Source " Nicolas " ( HDfever ) ...

My 50 ST60 cost me € 952 ...
I hope a great image for cheap, the tests say good ...
Time will tell ... cool.gif

Pioneer LX 5090H + Démo G5  C+ Csat HD + DD et la TNT + Pioneer LX55 + Sony BD-S790 ... Pana 50 ST60 + PS3 BD + Pioneer BD320 ... CRT Philips 32 PW 9520 P+2 DNM + TNT Thomson DTI 652 + Pioneer DV 380 ... BR 137 .

post #3905 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 AM

Liked: 13
Anyone try the logitech V-U0022 webcam on the ST60? It only shows 2011 models in their compat chart, but someone on amazon said they had it working with their ST50. Curious if anyone tried it on the ST60 yet, as it's only 44$ vs the $100+ for the panasonic one. (Or this one TALK-7181, can be had for cheap as well).
post #3906 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1. Yes, the mount can extend out easily and can also rotate in case it didn't get installed perfectly level
  2. I bought 20mm m8 screws from Amazon and installed those without washers and it worked great. The mount includes 40mm washers and bracers, but I'd recommend the 20mm screws (TV manual lists a range of 17mm-23mm)
  3. I'm using the cheapest Monoprice HDMI cables, 4' for components and 6' for the receiver. I'll probably upgrade to Redmere at some point

Thanks for the info.

What is the advantage of redmere cables? I thought HDMI was HDMI...
post #3907 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

Thanks for the info.

What is the advantage of redmere cables? I thought HDMI was HDMI...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3tjPbUojw
post #3908 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

Source " Nicolas " ( HDfever ) ...

My 50 ST60 cost me € 952 ...
I hope a great image for cheap, the tests say good ...
Time will tell ... cool.gif

Why are you downgrading to ST60? Isn't your kuro better? wink.gif
post #3909 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

How important is a plug strip/surge protector?

I am using a basic monster cable surge (no line conditioning). Probably 5-6 years old should I upgrade to a new one or does it even matter?
post #3910 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Anybody have the 65ST60 yet?

On the fence about purchasing it

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #3911 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I procrastinated last year picking up an ST50 and they eventually sold out everywhere. Recently I went to Sears to look at the new ST60 series. Besides being disappointed with the tacky looking chrome ring, when I touched the TV on display it started rocking back and forth and seemed real unstable on what appeared to be a cheap plastic base. The sales person remarked that perhaps they didn't put it together correctly but it looked like all the screws were present. Is this normal for this TV? My older Panasonic plasma display has a real solid metal base.
post #3912 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:

I have some questions about this backlight.

Is it 5 meters long? Isn't that too long for a 60" TV?

For someone with zero electrical skills can the length be EASILY adjusted?

You can trim the end to whatever length you desire, just dont cut the end that has the adapter connected to it. lol.. I would say just about anyone can install it.

Someone claimed they ordered a kit for $6? They need to recheck what they ordered because everything you need in the kit, does not only cost $6..

Panasonic GT50 50"
Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT50 55" (Sold)
Pansaonic VT60 60" (Sold)
post #3913 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3tjPbUojw

I have a few sets of them.. The only advantage is, that they are much thinner..

Panasonic GT50 50"
Panasonic GT50 55"
post #3914 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

You can trim the end to whatever length you desire, just dont cut the end that has the adapter connected to it. lol.. I would say just about anyone can install it.

Someone claimed they ordered a kit for $6? They need to recheck what they ordered because everything you need in the kit, does not only cost $6..

Good to know. Thanks
post #3915 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 10:33 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdemongsx View Post

To tell you the truth I dont even worry about IR anymore and dont even look for it. I think a lot of people are so paranoid about it that they are always looking for it instead of enjoying their TVs, i know because I was one of those. At one point i was putting more hours reading this thread than actually watching and enjoying my TV. Now this is just my honest opinion, hope no one takes it to heart.

I 100% agree but don't post onions like this cause some memebers will get in a tizzy and start internet shouting. I, too, used to be all OCD about all things audio and video but I have learned all it does it take away from the enjoyment of that item. I guess I am not fully cured, the input lag issue, I was like oh man this sucks, but then I put in Black Ops 2 did some multiplayer and won most one on ones where input lag would play a major factor and was like oh, not an issue for me. I glance at the master burn-in IR thread and can only shake my head at times at what lengths people go to avoid burn-in and IR, running wiping programs 2-3x a week, only watching certain content, only using zoom, using other TV's to watch certain content, bit insane. Not saying burn in and IR does not exist either, but it is not as rampant with normal TV viewing habits.
blackdemongsx likes this.
post #3916 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitude View Post

I procrastinated last year picking up an ST50 and they eventually sold out everywhere. Recently I went to Sears to look at the new ST60 series. Besides being disappointed with the tacky looking chrome ring, when I touched the TV on display it started rocking back and forth and seemed real unstable on what appeared to be a cheap plastic base. The sales person remarked that perhaps they didn't put it together correctly but it looked like all the screws were present. Is this normal for this TV? My older Panasonic plasma display has a real solid metal base.

The stand is cheap plastic, but it shouldn't rock or feel unstable. I am using the stand for my 50ST60 and it is plenty sturdy and stable.

I wouldn't be surprised if the good people of Sears did not assemble it correctly wink.gif

There is no TV too BIG, only rooms too small
post #3917 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 11:41 AM

How do I check how many hours the tv has been used through the menu ?

I watched Avatar, Hobbit and Despicable me in 3d
Agree with others that Motion Smoother at mid or strong is best
I was ok with 0 rather than -3 or +3 but will give it another try. Felt like -3 or +3 add a ghost image around every object almost. hard to describe it but you can see if if you pause in 3D
The wife said the 3d looked better on the ST60 then iron man 3 in theaters, now there's a compliment tongue.gif
I tried D Nice settings and can barely tell the difference between home theater and his settings they are very close.
post #3918 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 71
Quote:

Yes, the TV sways at the slightest touch on the garbage stand. It's not loose screws. The stand also moves around very easily on my TV stand. I don't consider it a deal breaker with the phenomenal picture quality of the TV. It doesn't say much for the quality of the set if you ask me though. Hopefully this will last as long as my other 2 Panny plasmas that are 5 and 5 1/2 years old. I do have some doubts about build quality but PQ is unbelievable for the price, they probably had to cut corners somewhere to sell the TV for the price it is.
post #3919 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:

The ST60 and S60 bases are identical, and both are plastic over metal. They are solid, and with Super Sliders stuck to the bottom, I slide my 50ST60 all over my Anthrocart several times a day. Moreover, assembled properly, dropping the TV down onto the stand, the result comes out level, x2 ST60s and 1 S60. (Too bad about the buzzing, which was about the same on all of them.) It is a *great* stand IMO, perfect for the way I use it. The stupid wide stands would not work at all for my application due to the base for the monitor arm post they would have to avoid, which is not a problem at all for a normal rectangular stand.
post #3920 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

I have a few sets of them.. The only advantage is, that they are much thinner..

Awesome, I was wondering about that. Glad I didn't blow $80 on new HDMI cables.

Panasonic tc-p60st60 | Onkyo tx-nr626 | Paradigm CT 110 | HTPC | PS3 Slim | Xbox 360 Slim
post #3921 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:

Blue Jeans Cable is gold - an AVS sponsor also

biggrin.gif

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #3922 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 12:27 PM

Liked: 36
I ordered the 2 set of amazon brand HDMI cables myself. Have had no problems. Just a bit more than monoprice, but they seem a bit more sturdy.

post #3923 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 12:32 PM

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

How do I check how many hours the tv has been used through the menu ?

I watched Avatar, Hobbit and Despicable me in 3d
Agree with others that Motion Smoother at mid or strong is best
I was ok with 0 rather than -3 or +3 but will give it another try. Felt like -3 or +3 add a ghost image around every object almost. hard to describe it but you can see if if you pause in 3D
The wife said the 3d looked better on the ST60 then iron man 3 in theaters, now there's a compliment tongue.gif
I tried D Nice settings and can barely tell the difference between home theater and his settings they are very close.

I think 3d is most enjoyable when your in 96hz mode, motion smoother mid/strong and 3d adjustment at -1 or +1. ZERO IMO is too neutral and -2 -3 +2 +3 add cross talk. If you like the image to pop out use -1 if you like depth use +1
ryansebiz likes this.
post #3924 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

I think 3d is most enjoyable when your in 96hz mode, motion smoother mid/strong and 3d adjustment at -1 or +1. ZERO IMO is too neutral and -2 -3 +2 +3 add cross talk. If you like the image to pop out use -1 if you like depth use +1

Where is the setting for 96hz ? i only see 120 and 100. Also how do we get the settings to stay each time I watch something 3d the settings need to be adjusted its frustrating.
post #3925 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Where is the setting for 96hz ? i only see 120 and 100. Also how do we get the settings to stay each time I watch something 3d the settings need to be adjusted its frustrating.

You have to be watching content that is being output at 24fps (bluray set to 24p) and from what I heard the settings don't stay dialed in with 3d. Sounds really dumb but that's what I hear.
post #3926 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby497 View Post

Why are you downgrading to ST60? Isn't your kuro better? wink.gif
The Kuro is in place :

http://www.avsforum.com/t/920011/official-pioneer-kuro-pictures-thread/5910
eek.gif
I replaced a 42 Samy A466 that I sold ...
I tried a ST60 ... wink.gif

Pioneer LX 5090H + Démo G5  C+ Csat HD + DD et la TNT + Pioneer LX55 + Sony BD-S790 ... Pana 50 ST60 + PS3 BD + Pioneer BD320 ... CRT Philips 32 PW 9520 P+2 DNM + TNT Thomson DTI 652 + Pioneer DV 380 ... BR 137 .

post #3927 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:

I intially purchased monster cables online.. The monster cables seem to be way more sturdy, but they are extremely thick
and are not very bendable. Where as the redmere ones are much thinner and are more flexible.

Panasonic GT50 50"
Panasonic GT50 55"
post #3928 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Congrats on your purchase!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

The Kuro is in place :

http://www.avsforum.com/t/920011/official-pioneer-kuro-pictures-thread/5910
eek.gif
I replaced a 42 Samy A466 that I sold ...
I tried a ST60 ... wink.gif
post #3929 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And are "high-speed HDMI" cables a marketing gimmick as well? I wouldn't pay $80 for a Monster cable when $5 Monoprice cables do the job. Wait, just checked and even the basic Monoprice cable is "high-speed". Is there such a thing as "low-speed" HDMI cable???
post #3930 of 12658 Old 05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTimeShifter View Post

Quote:

And are "high-speed HDMI" cables a marketing gimmick as well? I wouldn't pay $80 for a Monster cable when $5 Monoprice cables do the job. Wait, just checked and even the basic Monoprice cable is "high-speed". Is there such a thing as "low-speed" HDMI cable???

If anything, the marketing gimmick is labeling the cables with specific HDMI version numbers:

http://www.monkeycable.com/docs/about/hdmi_the_facts.shtml

http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/trademark_logo_pub.aspx

As you can see, "High Speed" and such is the way the cables are to be described.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page