Forum Jump: 

post #5491 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

That sucks. Is there no getting out of buying it from Sears? I cannot remember your story, but believe you got stuck with store credit?.... If I was you I'd be in there raising serious hell, and getting a refund so I could buy from a retailer who actually has these in stock. Don't take no for an answer.

I had put mine on my Sears card. Took a several weeks but I finally got a reversal. Gave me a good excuse to get an Amazon store card. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5492 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTBarnes View Post

I had put mine on my Sears card. Took a several weeks but I finally got a reversal. Gave me a good excuse to get an Amazon store card. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

That sucks. Is there no getting out of buying it from Sears? I cannot remember your story, but believe you got stuck with store credit?.... If I was you I'd be in there raising serious hell, and getting a refund so I could buy from a retailer who actually has these in stock. Don't take no for an answer.

Yeah. Our TV is kind of on the fringe of breaking down and we don't have the cash to drop on a decent T.V (just fixed the clutch on our car a month ago. 2013 - The year of stuff breaking down haha.) So I had our Sears card lying around, we never really use it. Figured 18 mos no interest, will pay it off in 9 so it's a win win. Apparently not.

I called Panasonic directly and they told me there is a backorder on that set and they *expect* them to be shipped out in two weeks. Of course a guy at Video Only said Panasonic gave them that estimation a month ago for the middle of May. I guess Amazon and Best Buy were smart in ordering copious amounts to carry them through.

I'm tempted to say to hell with 3D and pick up the 65 inch S60 as they have those in stock right now.

post #5493 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethean View Post

Yeah. Our TV is kind of on the fringe of breaking down and we don't have the cash to drop on a decent T.V (just fixed the clutch on our car a month ago. 2013 - The year of stuff breaking down haha.) So I had our Sears card lying around, we never really use it. Figured 18 mos no interest, will pay it off in 9 so it's a win win. Apparently not.

I called Panasonic directly and they told me there is a backorder on that set and they *expect* them to be shipped out in two weeks. Of course a guy at Video Only said Panasonic gave them that estimation a month ago for the middle of May. I guess Amazon and Best Buy were smart in ordering copious amounts to carry them through.

I might call and complain to Sears. "Here, have a 60 inch VT60 for the price of the ST." If only...Haha.

I'm tempted to say to hell with 3D and pick up the 65 inch S60 as they have those in stock right now.
There was a Sears online customer relations rep that posted I believe in this thread telling people to contact them regarding problems they had. You might want to find the post and maybe try that route. I don't remember who from here actually reached out to them so maybe they can chime and see if anything was done for them.

Update, here is the post....#2542

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/2520#post_23240914
post #5494 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Curious if you tried the 3d videos from Vudu. I got a free rental for signing up and tried watching the Lorax 3D and it just looked bad with a lot of shimmering. I did not try anything else in 3D from Vudu but I know you can watch the first 2 minutes of movies to see how it is. I didn't try anything else on the ST60 before I returned it but on my current TV the 3D looks fine through Vudu in the 2 minute movie previews.

No. I've yet to try any 3D videos from Vudu... either on the ST60, or my C8000. Only 2D HDX content so far... which is the best quality streaming quality I've seen anywhere (so far).

As far as 3D goes, I honestly haven't even watched the majority of my 3D blu-rays (and I own well over 25, thanks to "combo packs"). After watching the first 10 or so 3D blu-ray movies, me and my wife kinda lost interest. Most of the time the "pretty good" 3D transfer does not match the "excellent" quality of the (2D) blu-ray transfer itself. That (in my opinion) was the case in Titanic, I-Robot, Harry Potter, etc.
post #5495 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:

There was a Sears online customer relations rep that posted I believe in this thread telling people to contact them regarding problems they had. You might want to find the post and maybe try that route. I don't remember who from here actually reached out to them so maybe they can chime and see if anything was done for them.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/2520#post_23240914

Thanks! I'll shoot them a message. Hopefully it turned out to be legit.

What's more irritating is I was supposed to get the set on the 28th, nobody from Sears called me Monday night to inform me of the delay. I had to call Tuesday to find out and they said it was *guranteed* for today. I even got a confirmation phone call last night...Then at 7 am this morning they tell me "oops! we were wrong!"

post #5496 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

I don't understand why you want to change your display if it's 3D is outstanding. DLP should be a gamer's delight. smile.gif

You are also used to zero concern for IR, which for a gamer, will not be the case with plasma.
Just because the picture quality isn't quite up to par. Just ready for an upgrade. The DLP has good but not great picture quality. Not a whole lot of wow factor. I honestly didn't think IR was a whole lot of cause for concern anymore though?

XBL: Rocko1290
PSN: Rocko1290
post #5497 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko1290 View Post

I honestly didn't think IR was a whole lot of cause for concern anymore though?

hahaha. Hope you are ready for your second wave of replies!!

There have been some people who've had some serious IR issues with their ST60 panel. I have not seen this on mine, though.
post #5498 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Fyi..I was at BB today to order the 60st60, and could not. Apparently they're on hold, and cannot be ordered right now. The guy said they now have both the 55" and 65" in their system, and the tv's are most likely on hold so they can ship all sizes to stores once they get them. Said availabilty would be around June 8th, I'm in the buffalo area.
post #5499 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibumike View Post

Fyi..I was at BB today to order the 60st60, and could not. Apparently they're on hold, and cannot be ordered right now. The guy said they now have both the 55" and 65" in their system, and the tv's are most likely on hold so they can ship all sizes to stores once they get them. Said availabilty would be around June 8th, I'm in the buffalo area.

I think they're on hold because Panasonic is on backorder and even their reps are giving estimates of 2 weeks out before more ship.

post #5500 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:

I think they're on hold because Panasonic is on backorder and even their reps are giving estimates of 2 weeks out before more ship.

...And Panasonic is on backorder because the 60" is probably too good of a value, and the word is catching on. Still can't believe this TV can be had for less than $1500.
But, believe me... I'm not complaining biggrin.gif
post #5501 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 02:57 PM

Liked: 27
I just found this review on Best Buy's site.....one of you with a bad buzzing problem may want to give this a try. (Mine doesn't buzz so I don't need to). If someone here gives this a try and it works, it may put the buzzing issue to rest....

BE WARNED? SOME OF THESE PANASONICS SUFFER FROM A BUZZING NOISE PROBLEM. I had read prior reviews regarding the problem before purchasing my TC-P50GT50, but figured it wasn?t a major problem. Well, within a few hours of turning on my TC-P50GT50, I detected a buzzing noise that was more noticeable than my other Panasonic plasma (TC-46PGT24). I also noticed the buzzing noise got louder the brighter the screen got. I immediately called Panasonic?s customer service and they promptly scheduled a repair technician to come out and inspect the television without any hassles whatsoever. Within three business days a technician was at my home and ultimately determined the main motherboard was malfunctioning. Five business days later, the technician was back at my house replacing the motherboard with a new one. Now, my TC-P50GT50 works beautifully without the annoying buzzing noise. Overall, great support from Panasonic?s customer service and warranty department.
post #5502 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTBarnes View Post

I had put mine on my Sears card. Took a several weeks but I finally got a reversal.
I canceled my purchase from Sears after the delivery was delayed by 2 weeks. It was like pulling teeth to get my CC account credited, but I finally got my money back.

Greg Lee
post #5503 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
My story:

I got the upgrade bug about a month ago when my 50" Samsung panel starting to show severe image trails and image retention when a bright object on the screen changed position. I tossed around the idea of going with a LED set, but the shootout and others feeling that the blacks were not as good led me back to plasma. I have a cutout in the wall, so couldn't go to a much larger set, but 55 will fit. There is really only option...Panasonic.

The last week I really got hot on the idea and sent an email to Chris at Cleveland Plasma (on the 23rd).

I got a response the next day and exchanged a few emails and he quoted me a price. He said he had the units in stock. I told him I'd let him know.

I made my decision on the 29th and sent him an email asking about warranty and my desire to move forward. I didn't hear back.

I called him the next day to finalize the deal (and I'm not sure he knew who I was). At that point he said he needed to call his distributor and check inventory and that he would call me back tomorrow (yesterday the 30th).

I never heard back. I sent an email today and didn't hear back either.

Anyway, I figured I had better check around. Paul's has none and doesn't know when they'll get any. A few other websites list the unit as "out of stock" as well.

So, I called another local shop, Audio Video Center. The guy said they had one in stock, but he'd have to "get it from another customer." Not exactly sure what that meant, but I asked him the price, to check to see if he actually had one and when I could get it.

Long story short...he called me back, got me a fair price, store paid the sales tax [9%] (due to some ad they are running in the paper) and offered to deliver the set Monday--they deliver locally for free. I scheduled it for Thursday (when I'm off work) and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Brian
post #5504 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

My story:

I got the upgrade bug about a month ago when my 50" Samsung panel starting to show severe image trails and image retention when a bright object on the screen changed position. I tossed around the idea of going with a LED set, but the shootout and others feeling that the blacks were not as good led me back to plasma. I have a cutout in the wall, so couldn't go to a much larger set, but 55 will fit. There is really only option...Panasonic.

The last week I really got hot on the idea and sent an email to Chris at Cleveland Plasma (on the 23rd).

I got a response the next day and exchanged a few emails and he quoted me a price. He said he had the units in stock. I told him I'd let him know.

I made my decision on the 29th and sent him an email asking about warranty and my desire to move forward. I didn't hear back.

I called him the next day to finalize the deal (and I'm not sure he knew who I was). At that point he said he needed to call his distributor and check inventory and that he would call me back tomorrow (yesterday the 30th).

I never heard back. I sent an email today and didn't hear back either.

Anyway, I figured I had better check around. Paul's has none and doesn't know when they'll get any. A few other websites list the unit as "out of stock" as well.

So, I called another local shop, Audio Video Center. The guy said they had one in stock, but he'd have to "get it from another customer." Not exactly sure what that meant, but I asked him the price, to check to see if he actually had one and when I could get it.

Long story short...he called me back, got me a fair price, store paid the sales tax [9%] (due to some ad they are running in the paper) and offered to deliver the set Monday--they deliver locally for free. I scheduled it for Thursday (when I'm off work) and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Brian
Did you ask of it was an open box? That is what is sound like from that line.
post #5505 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 06:28 PM

Ordered nine on 28th to be here on 3rd. I'll let you know.
post #5506 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

Did you ask of it was an open box? That is what is sound like from that line.

If it is, it will be going back...

B.
post #5507 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post

Ordered nine on 28th to be here on 3rd. I'll let you know.

That's alot of numbers....I'm confused. You ordered 9 TVs?
post #5508 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 07:58 PM

Nope ment to say mine. Btw I ordered it from BB In Pensacola Fl.
post #5509 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 10:14 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibumike View Post

the price difference between a 55" and a 60" is too little to not take the 60". And then from 60" - 65" is too far apart. That's probably why everyone is getting a 60".
post #5510 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 10:16 PM

Liked: 35
Sent off for my free TOUCH PEN on 5/21 and received it 5/31... Now what do I do with it?
post #5511 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

Sent off for my free TOUCH PEN on 5/21 and received it 5/31... Now what do I do with it?

Draw funny mustaches on people? Or you know, other things I won't type.

So...55 vs 60 inches. Big difference in viewing size? I just want a t.v. Yes, I know it's only 150 bucks more.

post #5512 of 12653 Old 05-31-2013, 11:28 PM

I found a display set deal for a 65VT50 which the price is almost similar with a new 60ST60, which one is the right choice? A lot of good review on the new ST60 which some say is even on par with the VT50. But the older VT50 is bigger in size, the only disadvantage it is a display set... I have yet to see the condition yet.
post #5513 of 12653 Old 06-01-2013, 04:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoesian View Post

I found a display set deal for a 65VT50 which the price is almost similar with a new 60ST60, which one is the right choice? A lot of good review on the new ST60 which some say is even on par with the VT50. But the older VT50 is bigger in size, the only disadvantage it is a display set... I have yet to see the condition yet.
If the VT50 is in good shape and still has a 1 year manufacturer warranty, and you are able to return it once you take it home I would take that because picture wise it should be on par with the ST60. I would def. go larger size.
post #5514 of 12653 Old 06-01-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:

So...55 vs 60 inches. Big difference in viewing size? I just want a t.v. Yes, I know it's only 150 bucks more.

Here are 2 resources for you.

The 60" is on the left - the 55" is on the right. This made me cringe at the thought of only getting a 55"

ca7863bece91617421a0cb6bd6b5d14a_zps46d21784.jpg

Second check out this website

http://www.displaywars.com/55-inch-16x9-vs-60-inch-16x9
post #5515 of 12653 Old 06-01-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

If the VT50 is in good shape and still has a 1 year manufacturer warranty, and you are able to return it once you take it home I would take that because picture wise it should be on par with the ST60. I would def. go larger size.

I second Eric's thoughts - the VT has slightly more to offer and is still an improvement in PQ (ever so slight) with THX settings and 5". Better input lag for gaming, better 3D - that's a no-brainer. Get the extended warranty if they offer it.
post #5516 of 12653 Old 06-01-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:

That was me, and she was legit. It was nice to hear from them, and they were very attentive and appreciated the feedback, and helped me (eventually) get the billing straightened out, however they couldn't pull a tv out of their hat. smile.gif
post #5517 of 12653 Old 06-01-2013, 06:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:

That is an excellent price, add the extended warranty to in this case wink.gif Go get it before its to late, I bet it may be sold already frown.gif ( If anyone sees a deal like this, a flat out amazing deal, put your card down and charge it. Then tell them you will pick up in a few days. Go home and think about it. If it does not fit get a credit back later wink.gif )
post #5518 of 12653 Old 06-01-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:

Definitely go bigger, if you have the room. It is a VERY noticeable difference. I had a lot of push back from the spousal unit based on the size ("What the **** do we need with a tv THAT big??!!"). Guess what, she loves it. I'd have gone for the 65, but pricing made the 60 a no-brainer.
johnscare84 likes this.
post #5519 of 12653 Old 06-01-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

That is an excellent price, add the extended warranty to in this case wink.gif Go get it before its to late, I bet it may be sold already frown.gif ( If anyone sees a deal like this, a flat out amazing deal, put your card down and charge it. Then tell them you will pick up in a few days. Go home and think about it. If it does not fit get a credit back later wink.gif )
Yeah, I wish I could have gotten my hands on a 65VT50 but there was just non around! Waiting on it only means it will get picked up by someone else!
post #5520 of 12653 Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:

I found a display set deal for a 65VT50 which the price is almost similar with a new 60ST60, which one is the right choice? A lot of good review on the new ST60 which some say is even on par with the VT50....

Keep in mind that the 2013 models are reported to be sharper and have a crisper more detailed picture than the 2012 models did. There are a LOT of complaints of softness on the various 2012 models, including my own GT50. It's relatively soft picture and lack of detail is my only complaint about it, but it is a constant irritation when watching it compared to my older G10 in the bedroom.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page