Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread - Page 262 - AVS Forum
First ... 260  261  262 263  264  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread
Jason626's Avatar Jason626 08:21 PM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

I recently spent some time at a friends house watching a baseball game on a big Samsung LCD set. The baseball was very white, but it jerked it's way from the pitcher to the plate. I couldn't understand why the guy wasn't throwing a no hitter with that much "movement" on the ball. wink.gif

Sounds like motion enhancement feature was turned on. Those can make picture jerk and studder.

hoosierdsddie's Avatar hoosierdsddie 10:05 PM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

I recently spent some time at a friends house watching a baseball game on a big Samsung LCD set. The baseball was very white, but it jerked it's way from the pitcher to the plate. I couldn't understand why the guy wasn't throwing a no hitter with that much "movement" on the ball. wink.gif

I could only imagine watching R. A. Dickey on that set.
htwaits's Avatar htwaits 10:46 PM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdsddie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

I recently spent some time at a friends house watching a baseball game on a big Samsung LCD set. The baseball was very white, but it jerked it's way from the pitcher to the plate. I couldn't understand why the guy wasn't throwing a no hitter with that much "movement" on the ball. wink.gif

I could only imagine watching R. A. Dickey on that set.
Everyone looked un-hittable. biggrin.gif
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar SeLfMaDe111985 01:13 PM 08-26-2013
He
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195 View Post

From my own findings and that of other members I have talked to put the TV in the Home Theater setting and give the set a basic brightnes/contrast adjust with something like a disney wow disc

Myself and others that have had our sets properly calibrated and have checked agree that the home theater setting is quite close to the eye. I have tried Every setting posted on here prior to my calibration and compared them and the home theater setting seems the closest ( to an untrained or a more carless I i bet they would be hard pressed to tell the difference at least in my case, it takes a back to back switching back and forth to pick out the subtle differences it makes). I know it seems counter intuitive leaving soemthing "stock" however until if ever you decide to calibrate it I promise you thats the closest your going to get IMO

Enjoy the Accord, have been looking at a few cars myself and thats one of them, the are VERY nice cars especially this year.. very aggresive looking and gorgeous interiors.

As much as I dont care of new mazdas the new mazda 6 has really caught my eye
Hey dude check out PC Richards they have lower prices maybe they will match and refund the difference...they had the 60VT60 for 1994$ in my area...you should return the st60 and get the VT60 for 300 less
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar SeLfMaDe111985 01:17 PM 08-26-2013
I was gonna jump on the 60vt60 but its a lil out of my price range though if I wanted I would do 24 months no interest which I may still do. But costco just got more 65S64's back in stock and for 1299$ you can't go wrong...though the VT60 would be my dream since it Matches Kuro and I'm a KURO owner but it has alot of extra stuff that's not needed for my use so I'm having a hard time justifying 5 less inches of TV, more features, but more money and extra money for stuff I most likely
Will never use...BUT and it's a BIG BUT...I would have something that truly fits my PQ needs as far as Kuro like TVs go. But my KURO is also just 2D with no smart options which is what I enjoy. Idk it's so hard to buy a TV. These days.
vic_0002's Avatar vic_0002 04:12 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

I was gonna jump on the 60vt60 but its a lil out of my price range though if I wanted I would do 24 months no interest which I may still do. But costco just got more 65S64's back in stock and for 1299$ you can't go wrong...though the VT60 would be my dream since it Matches Kuro and I'm a KURO owner but it has alot of extra stuff that's not needed for my use so I'm having a hard time justifying 5 less inches of TV, more features, but more money and extra money for stuff I most likely
Will never use...BUT and it's a BIG BUT...I would have something that truly fits my PQ needs as far as Kuro like TVs go. But my KURO is also just 2D with no smart options which is what I enjoy. Idk it's so hard to buy a TV. These days.

I agree... would have been nice if there was a ZT available with no extra features, just total PQ only... the fact that all those internet apps can be had by other means makes it especially nonsensical for a TV to come with it built in and be charged extra for. I don't even need it to have built-in speakers.
david09's Avatar david09 04:38 PM 08-26-2013
Can any owner tell me what exactly gets passed through the optical out? Been considering this TV and I like the idea of streaming Netflix directly through the Wi-Fi as opposed to current method, HDMI out from the PC, but if I can't send the audio to my surround system I can't see the point. I'm certainly not watching movies with the sound going to TV speakers only. So far I have read that the optical out is only for the antenna. That can't be right can it?
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 04:41 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by david09 View Post

Can any owner tell me what exactly gets passed through the optical out? Been considering this TV and I like the idea of streaming Netflix directly through the Wi-Fi as opposed to current method, HDMI out from the PC, but if I can't send the audio to my surround system I can't see the point. I'm certainly not watching movies with the sound going to TV speakers only. So far I have read that the optical out is only for the antenna. That can't be right can it?
Optical out is for the antenna and built in apps. It will provide up to 5.1 when available.
david09's Avatar david09 05:00 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Optical out is for the antenna and built in apps. It will provide up to 5.1 when available.
Thanks for the info that's a relief. Guess that means I'm buying one of those.
samijubal's Avatar samijubal 06:46 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by david09 View Post

Can any owner tell me what exactly gets passed through the optical out? Been considering this TV and I like the idea of streaming Netflix directly through the Wi-Fi as opposed to current method, HDMI out from the PC, but if I can't send the audio to my surround system I can't see the point. I'm certainly not watching movies with the sound going to TV speakers only. So far I have read that the optical out is only for the antenna. That can't be right can it?

You can get 5.1 audio but only from internal sources and USB. External HDMI sources will be 2 channel PCM.
ferrari fan's Avatar ferrari fan 07:30 PM 08-26-2013
I've decided to get the Panasonic TC-P60ST60 when and if they ever get back in stock from Amazon or Best Buy whom ever gets them first. I'm wondering on how Amazon ships a large tv like this. I've bought a smaller 37" Samsung a few years ago for the bedroom from Amazon and it just came on a UPS truck in it's factory box and was somewhat tossed around by the damage to the box, but the tv was OK.

I bought my 59" Samsung ( 59D7000 ) plasma from Onecall.com last year and the factory box was strapped standing up, on a pallet so that it would be impossible to toss it around. It was shipped by ABS freight and arrived in perfect condition. Also, about 6 years ago, bought a Samsung 46 inch lcd, again from Onecall.com and it too was strapped to a pallet standing up and arrived by ABS freight in excellent condition.

For those of you who have ordered large TV's from Amazon, how was your tv shipped ? And what company delivered it ? What was the condition of the factory box when it arrived ? Thank you in advance.



Note: my Samsung 59D7000 is a great tv, but I use that for tv viewing only. The Panasonic 60ST60 will be for movies only, as my Pioneer Elite PRO FHD1 ( 50" ) still works great, but I just want something larger for movies biggrin.gif
garnettrules21's Avatar garnettrules21 07:37 PM 08-26-2013
I ordered a 55" from amazon and I believe Arrow delivered mine. It was strapped to the inside of the trailer and was in a box within a box so it was really protected. The outside box had a few tears and I was like this doesn't look good, ended up the box with tears was there to just protect the actual box.
AlexNZ's Avatar AlexNZ 08:08 PM 08-26-2013
Hi there everyone I will ask a question the maybe ending opening a can of worms. I'm new to calibration and want to calibrate my ST60 and I been reading a lot maybe too much, my question is which patterns to use Windows or APL windows I used HCFR took some reading with both Windows or APL and the reading are different not just in Gamma but in grey scale and RGB i know the plasmas have ABL I know all that only just want to know which one is the right patterns to use?
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 08:08 PM 08-26-2013
Very few people that I am aware of have reported damaged tvs from Amazon.
ferrari fan's Avatar ferrari fan 08:39 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNZ View Post

Hi there everyone I will ask a question the maybe ending opening a can of worms. I'm new to calibration and want to calibrate my ST60 and I been reading a lot maybe too much, my question is which patterns to use Windows or APL windows I used HCFR took some reading with both Windows or APL and the reading are different not just in Gamma but in grey scale and RGB i know the plasmas have ABL I know all that only just want to know which one is the right patterns to use?


Possibly something that could help is cnet.com. I have used their calibration settings for my Pioneer Elite PRO FHD1 and Samsung 59D7000 with excellent results.
Here is the link to the settings for the ST60 series. Good luck. http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-590736/panasonic-tc-p55st60-picture-settings/
utopianbl's Avatar utopianbl 09:37 PM 08-26-2013
any way for us to stream movies directly to the Panasonic set? Perhaps by using plex server?

And thinking of getting the HTC CT260 Sony Soundbar to go with this tv, anyone have any feedback on that?
Cat Scratch's Avatar Cat Scratch 11:02 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopianbl View Post

any way for us to stream movies directly to the Panasonic set? Perhaps by using plex server?

Don't know about Plex, haven't tried it yet. Serviio works pretty well with .mkvs ripped with MakeMKV and then run through Handbrake (I'm new at this).

In the Serviio forum is a thread covering a profile for the ST60 series.
david09's Avatar david09 11:36 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post

You can get 5.1 audio but only from internal sources and USB. External HDMI sources will be 2 channel PCM.

Well luckily for me I have a HDMI video switching receiver so I'm not concerned about that. I just really wanted to make sure I'd have something to send through the receiver for those internal uses, mainly the apps. Although it is good to know for sure, some may need this info to avoid bad surprises. Nothing worse than realising once you've opened the box and started setting up that the config you had in mind will not work as planned because of some hidden limitation.
HD2Blu's Avatar HD2Blu 06:18 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post

I've decided to get the Panasonic TC-P60ST60 when and if they ever get back in stock from Amazon or Best Buy whom ever gets them first.


Note: my Samsung 59D7000 is a great tv, but I use that for tv viewing only. The Panasonic 60ST60 will be for movies only, as my Pioneer Elite PRO FHD1 ( 50" ) still works great, but I just want something larger for movies biggrin.gif

You will be SOOOO satisfied! For bluray content - this TV is TOP NOTCH and worth WAY more than they are charging. Most of the complaints about this set involve gaming and cable TV, smart aps...etc. if you watch mostly movies (like me) you will be telling all your friends to buy one too. The colors, detail, and all around PQ for movie watching on this set is unbelievable. Enjoy smile.gif.
abr27440's Avatar abr27440 06:32 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopianbl View Post

any way for us to stream movies directly to the Panasonic set? Perhaps by using plex server?

Plex works great via DLNA.
ferrari fan's Avatar ferrari fan 07:07 AM 08-27-2013
Amazon has the 60ST60 back in stock. I just ordered one for $1499.00 + free shipping. 5 left in stock as of 6:07 am pacific time, Aug. 27.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 07:10 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post

Amazon has the 60ST60 back in stock. I just ordered on for $1499.00 + free shipping. 5 left in stock as of 6:07 am pacific time, Aug. 27.
Congrats.
btw I am also a Ferrari fan.
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar SeLfMaDe111985 07:33 AM 08-27-2013
I'm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_0002 View Post

I agree... would have been nice if there was a ZT available with no extra features, just total PQ only... the fact that all those internet apps can be had by other means makes it especially nonsensical for a TV to come with it built in and be charged extra for. I don't even need it to have built-in speakers.
I'm just so torn between the 65S64 or dropping the extra on a VT60...which sounds great and would be a nice longevity TV but that 65 inches is callllin me (Dave chapelle voice)
cpie65's Avatar cpie65 07:40 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post

Amazon has the 60ST60 back in stock. I just ordered on for $1499.00 + free shipping. 5 left in stock as of 6:07 am pacific time, Aug. 27.

No longer in stock with Amazon...just like that. However, Abt has it in stock for $1497.99. I'm getting mine delivered Friday after waiting a couple weeks for it to come back in stock (can't wait!!). Abt is great, plus you won't pay sales tax outside of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan. I paid sales tax but got it discounted a bit to offset that cost. Plus, since they're local for me, I can return/exchange it easily if need be.
cpie65's Avatar cpie65 07:51 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by david09 View Post

Well luckily for me I have a HDMI video switching receiver so I'm not concerned about that. I just really wanted to make sure I'd have something to send through the receiver for those internal uses, mainly the apps. Although it is good to know for sure, some may need this info to avoid bad surprises. Nothing worse than realising once you've opened the box and started setting up that the config you had in mind will not work as planned because of some hidden limitation.

Would there be any issues getting 5.1 if the receiver does not have ARC but has HDMI inputs? I realize I would need an optical cable in this case but is there anything special I would need to get 5.1 for both Netflix and say an external Blu Ray player? Thank you.
samijubal's Avatar samijubal 08:33 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpie65 View Post

Would there be any issues getting 5.1 if the receiver does not have ARC but has HDMI inputs? I realize I would need an optical cable in this case but is there anything special I would need to get 5.1 for both Netflix and say an external Blu Ray player? Thank you.

As long as the blu-ray player is connected to the receiver you're fine, it's if you're trying to get the blu-ray audio from the TV that you'll have 2 channel PCM.
cpie65's Avatar cpie65 08:52 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post

As long as the blu-ray player is connected to the receiver you're fine, it's if you're trying to get the blu-ray audio from the TV that you'll have 2 channel PCM.

Perfect. Thank you!
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 10:09 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannov View Post

many plasma converts are worried that the plasma tech will go away....just saying
Hopefully and probably that day will be far from this day wink.gif OLED is getting stalled. Someday it will be released.
ferrari fan's Avatar ferrari fan 10:46 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Congrats.
btw I am also a Ferrari fan.

Great to hear that. I've been a Ferrari fan ever since I watched Magnum P.I. on tv. I finally got to own a 1986 Ferrari 328GTSi. My favorite Ferrari of all time.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 06:53 PM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post

Great to hear that. I've been a Ferrari fan ever since I watched Magnum P.I. on tv. I finally got to own a 1986 Ferrari 328GTSi. My favorite Ferrari of all time.
Wow! The 328s are quite nice. Ive never owned one. Just dream...and I love Formula 1.
Tags: Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
First ... 260  261  262 263  264  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop