Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos38 View Post

just placed an order for the 60ST60 for $1499
Hope I like it.

You will. Ive only been watching mine for 8 hours, and Im blown away...and I havent bought cheap sets in the past...but this one blows em all away.

post #10713 of 12708 Old 12-28-2013, 11:06 PM

Liked: 12
This might be sacrilege to post on this thread, but I am debating whether to purchase the Vizio E701i-A3 ($1499) or the Panasonic TC-P60ST60 ($1499) and was hoping that someone here could help sway me in one direction or the other or at least offer some insight that I may not have considered.

It seems like I would be gaining overall picture quality (esp., black levels), perhaps reliability, and 3D capability with the Panasonic. But I would be sacrificing notable screen size, perhaps a little brightness, and the reduced risk of IR/burn-in issues that would accompany the Vizio. The TV will be mainly used for movies and some sports games in a room that sees a fair amount of daylight, and 3D is not really important to me. Also, I don't have super keen eye for picture quality so I'm not sure how apparent the picture quality differences will be to me. However, if I pick up on a screen defect, it will drive me absolutely crazy. This kind of cuts both ways because I have read reports of the Vizio's developing "white spots" in the lower portions of their screens and the Panny's having IR/burn-in issues even with the orbiter technology that seeks to prevent them. I will likely buy a 5yr extended warranty regardless of which set I purchase but certainly I do not want to be making service calls twice a year to have a 60"/70" TV fixed or replaced. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I understand there have been some reported lag problems with the Pannys, but I don't really see this as a issue because I'm not a big gamer and my receiver (Marantz NR1603) has adjustable audio delay.
post #10714 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguinn View Post

Just spoke with someone at Panasonic support and she stated that the Amazon instant video app is no longer available on Panasonic TV's. I know it was available this year but she said that it is not available on new TV's. Maybe those folks who purchased earlier in the year are grandfathered in?

Check the date/time settings. There's been others on here with app problems when the date/time is incorrect.
post #10715 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 01:02 AM

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

These are basically sold out nationwide, you have no bargaining power, that time is basically over. Buy it and throw a warranty on it wink.gif

Sorry but i have important question and here just you can tell me, panasonic plasma from other years, did you saw many broken panel from normal use, i mean panel dead coz bad built ?
I thinking panasonic can handle many years without problem, so if i'am wrong or you can bring me some info i not read or didn't know please tell me from your store experience. My sister just bought this week a 60ST60 and she not take the extended warranty and me i not buy it for my 65ZT60. I ask you this coz you write trow a warranty on it and i feel worry about this.

Why i tell you this coz from my experience with plasma samsung and lg panel dead after 2 or 3 years,.... yes you can change card inside for around $500 or $600 but plasma panasonic i was thinking panel life is better without issue like this, can you confirm me this or you really tell me : Buy it and throw a warranty on it !

Coz in my area the store ask me $948.00 for an extended 3 years on my 65ZT60 and they ask for the 60ST60 of my sister $325.00 for the same 3 years
Cost here for the 65ZT60: $5000.00
Cost here for the 60ST60: $2000.00

Do you think the price asking for the extended warranty is too high or you really tell me take it at any price ? just you can tell me what to do with this coz you sell them. Thank you for your advise and reply about this...
post #10716 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 05:07 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

My 55ST60 has the Amazon Instant Streaming app on the first page, sitting in the lower left corner.

I see you're in Central America, so maybe it's not available in your country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post

Check the date/time settings. There's been others on here with app problems when the date/time is incorrect.

Thanks for the suggestions,

I use a VPN and have no issues with Hulu or Netflix. Amazon Instant Video works fine on my computer, but it does not appear on the App page or in the Viera Market. I spoke to a support person at Panasonic yesterday and she stated that the "new" Panny plasmas no longer support Amazon Instant Video. I am not sure what the term "new" means.

The date and time are correct on the TV. My current software is 2.727.

Here is a link to a thread where some other people are having an issue with the Amazon App. This is the only info I have found so far on the subject.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1492443/amazon-prime-streaming-issue-to-smart-tv-panasonic-st60

This is not a big deal for me as we love the ST60, but it is an inconvenience. Could someone check the Viera market to see if Amazon is still offered there? As I said previously I am not seeing it as an option there.

Thanks Everyone
post #10717 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguinn View Post

Thanks for the suggestions,

I use a VPN and have no issues with Hulu or Netflix. Amazon Instant Video works fine on my computer, but it does not appear on the App page or in the Viera Market. I spoke to a support person at Panasonic yesterday and she stated that the "new" Panny plasmas no longer support Amazon Instant Video. I am not sure what the term "new" means.

The date and time are correct on the TV. My current software is 2.727.

Here is a link to a thread where some other people are having an issue with the Amazon App. This is the only info I have found so far on the subject.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1492443/amazon-prime-streaming-issue-to-smart-tv-panasonic-st60

This is not a big deal for me as we love the ST60, but it is an inconvenience. Could someone check the Viera market to see if Amazon is still offered there? As I said previously I am not seeing it as an option there.

Thanks Everyone

You could email Panasonic this pic from the Vierra store if they are telling you it's not available. Top right corner shows the Amazon app. I'd tell support you want a supervisor because clearly your being told the wrong info.

Edit;
I didn't realize that your in South America, maybe that has something to do with it.
post #10718 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 06:08 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

You could email Panasonic this pic from the Vierra store if they are telling you it's not available. Top right corner shows the Amazon app. I'd tell support you want a supervisor because clearly your being told the wrong info.

Edit;
I didn't realize that your in South America, maybe that has something to do with it.

Armed with this screen shot I shall endeavour to renew the dialog with the support folks. I will let you know what happens.

Many Thanks
comfynumb likes this.
post #10719 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
not having the amazon app doesn't bother me.
am going to connect my Xbox One or PS4 to it and both have the Amazon app biggrin.gif
post #10720 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

If I stole my sons PS4 I just bought him for Christmas to stream Amazon he wouldn't be happy biggrin.gif Does the PS3 have the Amazon app?
post #10721 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 07:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttt View Post

A question for all of you ST60 owners who have unboxed the ST60:
... and the issue is this: it will be a few days after delivery before I mount the TV. I have two small kids roaming my NYC apartment and can't just leave the thing laying around, waiting to be toppled, trampled, spilled on, become ground zero for a tantrum, etc. Fortunately, I have a walk-in closet that can store the TV for those few days, so my question is: is the packaging susceptible to opening, eyeballing, perhaps plugging in, and repackaging? This thing will only need to sit around in its packaging for 3-4 days in a locked, dark closet, so if the re-packaging is stable and reasonable, but not "delivery standard," that should be fine.
You can power on and inspect while the unit is still in the lower box. Just watch to make sure it does not topple out. Takes about 10 mins.......
'
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

Do you think the price asking for the extended warranty is too high or you really tell me take it at any price ? just you can tell me what to do with this coz you sell them. Thank you for your advise and reply about this...
Those prices are high, the ST60 not so bad, however the ZT60 is bad, I think you need to buy a International Mack warranty for far less. www.mackcam.com
post #10722 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 07:57 AM

Liked: 53
Quote:

You can power on and inspect while the unit is still in the lower box. Just watch to make sure it does not topple out. Takes about 10 mins.......
'
Those prices are high, the ST60 not so bad, however the ZT60 is bad, I think you need to buy a International Mack warranty for far less. www.mackcam.com

thanks for provide me fast reply and i will check for this extended warranty and about price i gave you in my area i can't find better and the 65ZT60 almost not available, mine i order it in may and got it in july and in my town future shop never sell a 65ZT60. Maybe today if i buy it i drive to ontario and i can get a 65ZT60 for 4000 but when i pré-order mine those info was not available and i don't want miss it.
post #10723 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 08:03 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenlr View Post

You will. Ive only been watching mine for 8 hours, and Im blown away...and I havent bought cheap sets in the past...but this one blows em all away.

+1 million "you wills". My ex gf and my mother both have Vizio led. Both of them show light bleed on the corners or edges. Because they are big and cheap, and probably because they are unconcerned women, they don't care about these picture flaws. If you CARE about the QUALITY of the picture, then get the Panasonic. I just returned a $999 Sharp LED for this $1499 60ST60 and have absolutely zero regrets. $500 extra is well worth it. Watching 3D blu ray streaming over Netflix to my PS3 last night, my friends were gushing at my new home theater. "Impressive display" they said... It is in a completely different league. The plasma you get at home and hooked up in your living room looks NOTHING like what they look like on display at Sears. Store displays make them look dark and washed out or something. I have my brightness and contrast at a very low 50% right now during the break in period, but even at this setting it is fine for me watching tv and movies. I also like that I'll have one of the last Panasonic plasmas ever built. Remember back in 2013, they'll say. Yeah I got one of the last plasmas that they ever made. WHile everyone is aching over $3-4,000 oled, I will have a fantastic plasma picture for hopefully a decade.
I can't emphasize this enough, you will LOVE the 60ST60.

Panasonic 60ST60, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Polk RTiA9, PS3 Slim
post #10724 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
The 55ST60 is my first smart TV. If I use it (or my Panny smart blu-ray) to browse the internet do I need to worry about malicious virus, spyware, malware attacks?
post #10725 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:

If I stole my sons PS4 I just bought him for Christmas to stream Amazon he wouldn't be happy biggrin.gif Does the PS3 have the Amazon app?
yes
comfynumb likes this.
post #10726 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben J Ferrer View Post

Had my st60 calibrated over a month now from geek squad and totally happy with it. ST is no longer available at my local Best Buy. Wish panasonic will continue with plasma looking for one for the bedroom once xbr4 tv goes on me. Any word if Samsung will continue?
Panasonic please continue with plasmas

It's over Panasonic finished on the 27th, you can spring for a VT60/ZT60 or wait for Samsungs next line which is also uncertain if it will be an upgrade or downgrade

post #10727 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

get yourself an Xbox one then biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #10728 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:

i updated my ps3 last night to the latest versions of Netflix, Amazon Video and Redbox Instant...

Panasonic 60ST60, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Polk RTiA9, PS3 Slim
post #10729 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:

'

according to their web site you CAN'T get a replacement warranty outside the USA
post #10730 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos38 View Post

get yourself an Xbox one then biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'll be out of HDMI ports soon biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasdag View Post

i updated my ps3 last night to the latest versions of Netflix, Amazon Video and Redbox Instant...

I'm going to hijack my sons one day and check it out.
post #10731 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:

'
Thanks so much for the reply -- I appreciate it.
post #10732 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Had an annoyance today... I hope some Panasonic engineers are listening...

I wanted to watch Netflix with the kids this evening, sort of a special "we can eat dinner and watch TV downstairs" as a special treat.

Turned on the TV and hit the Netflix button, and it FORCED me to update the firmware/apps before it would let me run Netflix. No option to defer the update until we were finished with our movie. What is that about? I hate being forced to do any sort of update, and the lack of a defer option really cheesed me off. It took less than 10 minutes, but was still an annoying buzzkill when my little kids were all primed for the movie. 10 mins is a long time, to a six year old...

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
post #10733 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 05:47 PM

Hey all....quick question. I skipped over the initial setup as soon as you plug the 55st60 in to get the slides going....can I set this all up after the fact? My slides are still running...
Thanks

Anything bigger than a handful, you're risking a sprained tongue - Gary, Weird Science
post #10734 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 06:30 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post

Had an annoyance today... I hope some Panasonic engineers are listening...

I wanted to watch Netflix with the kids this evening, sort of a special "we can eat dinner and watch TV downstairs" as a special treat.

Turned on the TV and hit the Netflix button, and it FORCED me to update the firmware/apps before it would let me run Netflix. No option to defer the update until we were finished with our movie. What is that about? I hate being forced to do any sort of update, and the lack of a defer option really cheesed me off. It took less than 10 minutes, but was still an annoying buzzkill when my little kids were all primed for the movie. 10 mins is a long time, to a six year old...

Go to - [Menu] / [Network] and turn [New Software Notice] OFF

Display : Panasonic 60ST60

Blu-Ray : Sony BDP S5100

HD-DVR : Directv HR24/100

AVR : Pioneer VSX-1020-K 7.1

Speakers : Polk RM6750 5.1

Center Speaker : Polk TL2

post #10735 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Hi everyone, first time posting in the TV forums.

I got this 5-yo Panasonic TC-P46ST1 and I just love it. Now my GF want us to build a training room downstairs and she needs a small TV. I said, of course... "but we *have* a small TV already". So I'm looking to buy a 60-to-65-inch TV for the living room.

I don't know much about TVs but always found my TV to be superior to almost all LCDs of the same price I've seen at friends & parents. So I was all set to buy a plasma again. IIf I choose a Panny, it has to be the ST series: in Canada, the VT and ZT are way too expensive for almost no benefit for me. But the TV will be in a room with a large window so the anti-glare filter and panel of the ST is a must.

But of course, the 60ST60 are now hard to find, and I think I must act fast if I want one. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but, if I want to do my homework and compare products, which are the competing plasma and LED TVs? Are they, say, within $500 of the ST60? I've browsed the Plasma TV thread quickly and see that the Samsung F8500 is a contender. The MSRP is much higher but they're currently heavily discounted at BestBuy in Canada. The 60" is within $400 of the ST60, which is above my budget, but could be a fallback option in case I can't find the ST60 or it's worth the difference.

Any thought?

post #10736 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 PM

So perhaps a noob question for this set, but I have tried everything and can't answer this question.
I am in the process of running the D-Nice slides, (about 40 hours in). And noticed I overlooked a setting posted on the calibration forums about turning off pixel orbiter.

I navigate to it through Menu -> screen settings -> and then I move down to get to pixel orbiter.
Pixel Orbiter is greyed out and currently set "ON".

Nothing I seem to do allows me to edit the setting. And this should be set to AUTO from everything I have read.
Anyone have any suggestions? Why is it locked?
post #10737 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 PM

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuck27 View Post

So perhaps a noob question for this set, but I have tried everything and can't answer this question.
I am in the process of running the D-Nice slides, (about 40 hours in). And noticed I overlooked a setting posted on the calibration forums about turning off pixel orbiter.

I navigate to it through Menu -> screen settings -> and then I move down to get to pixel orbiter.
Pixel Orbiter is greyed out and currently set "ON".

Nothing I seem to do allows me to edit the setting. And this should be set to AUTO from everything I have read.
Anyone have any suggestions? Why is it locked?

Did you read DNice's instruction for leaving the Custom setting at Default? There's your answer,, don't mess with the Custom settings or in other words, stay out of the Menu til you've got your 100 hours with the slides. Or not,,, your choice. smile.gif
post #10738 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Bombard View Post

Did you read DNice's instruction for leaving the Custom setting at Default? There's your answer,, don't mess with the Custom settings or in other words, stay out of the Menu til you've got your 100 hours with the slides. Or not,,, your choice. smile.gif

I did, and did set all those options to custom. I guess that's what locked the pixel orbiter then. Guess that answers that, thanks!
post #10739 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuck27 View Post

I did, and did set all those options to custom. I guess that's what locked the pixel orbiter then. Guess that answers that, thanks!

The only option is Menu/Picture/Custom. Then you're done.
post #10740 of 12708 Old 12-29-2013, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon314 View Post

This might be sacrilege to post on this thread, but I am debating whether to purchase the Vizio E701i-A3 ($1499) or the Panasonic TC-P60ST60 ($1499) and was hoping that someone here could help sway me in one direction or the other or at least offer some insight that I may not have considered.

Let me get this straight .. you are asking a bunch of Panasonic fan-boys if you should buy a discontinued 60" plasma instead of a Vizio 70" LED for the same price? And on a Panny thread? What would you expect the answer to be? Of course, buy the 70" as the 60" has been discontinued and Panasonic is leaving the plasma business, dropping it cold, even though this ST set is so popular.

Neil from Southern California
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page