post #12661 of 12662 Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
Where I can get D-Nice's settings.....thanks...
Let us know how you like them, and any changes you may have made. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12662 of 12662 Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post

BTW, isn't it better to break-in on Color Gamut at Native versus Normal?
I think Native will make sure that the RGB pixels glow at their maximum intensity, whether Normal limits the intensity to match rec.709.

Calibration Questions:
To calibrate to 6500K, is it important to select closest Color Temp first then set 2-point WB and then 10-point WB, or can I jump straight to 10-point?
Should I start with Gamma or WB?
Should I start from Native gamut and narrow from there or Normal gamut and fine tune, to match rec.709?

Thanks.
Best Picture Mode to start from can be determined by measuring using your meter and calibration software ex: Chromapure. Warm 2 is closest. Normal Gamut and turn any enhancements off including Black Extension and AGC which are disabled by the way in the Cinema Mode. Also turn off any noise reduction features too. Reset the Picture Mode to defaults. Adjust your Black Level and Contrast using the appropriate patterns. Then 2pt white balance starting with your Drives and then your cuts. After that , then you further refine the grey scale with your 10pt controls. There is a guide out there that will better lead your through the process. Here is the link. It's just that it's a lot to explain on here.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35322
This is using Chromapure software but is has the basics and it should help you out.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page