Forum Jump: 

post #12691 of 12708 Old 07-20-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
Demo mode vs home mode is universal. However, you will need to configure picture settings for each input source. You can use the copy settings function to do it pretty quickly, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
Once you put the TV into Home mode it stays in Home mode. I have different settings on each input since my various sources all require their own specific settings. I use the Custom picture mode on all my inputs, with Contrast in the 85 range and Brightness in the -3 range for my Tivo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post
Cinema and custom are input specific, all others are global.
Thanks for the help. I copied the settings and applied it to each input. It looks pretty good though others in the house think it's too dark. Also, there is a commercial which always comes on where the person has a solid white suit jacket. It just looks like a bright white blob with no detail.

Another thing, I was reading about black bars and I was wondering how much of a problem they are. I have both cable and satellite, on satellite the HD channels are full screen while the SD channels have a black border on the top and sides. If I do partial zoom, there is no border on the side and small bars on the top and bottom.

On cable, the HD channels have black bars on the top and bottom. If I put it to stretch mode it fills the screen. The SD channels are full screen in normal and stretch mode. I could be wrong but I don't remember it being like this with my old TV (Sony E2000). Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12692 of 12708 Old 07-20-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfgh View Post
Thanks for the help. I copied the settings and applied it to each input. It looks pretty good though others in the house think it's too dark. Also, there is a commercial which always comes on where the person has a solid white suit jacket. It just looks like a bright white blob with no detail.

Another thing, I was reading about black bars and I was wondering how much of a problem they are. I have both cable and satellite, on satellite the HD channels are full screen while the SD channels have a black border on the top and sides. If I do partial zoom, there is no border on the side and small bars on the top and bottom.

On cable, the HD channels have black bars on the top and bottom. If I put it to stretch mode it fills the screen. The SD channels are full screen in normal and stretch mode. I could be wrong but I don't remember it being like this with my old TV (Sony E2000). Is this normal?

That sounds like an aspect ratio issue it is not normal for hd not to fill the screen
asdfgh likes this.
post #12693 of 12708 Old 07-20-2014, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I just picked up a used 60" st60 and ran the screen wipe. I saw loads of logos when screen is white. I was worried these were burn ins.. But after about 15min of running the screen wipe, already I can't locate anymore IR on the screen (phew). I'm going to leave it running for a couple hours just to be safe. The first thing I did was lower contrasts and sharpness levels immediately to 60/10. I noticed they had the settings high.

My main question here is, does this mean my TV is "fresh" again. Or is it now more susceptible to IR due to the way it was used previously?

The picture quality is amazing and coming from a kuro, I wasn't sure if I would be happy. But I truly am.
post #12694 of 12708 Old 07-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

Sounds like a setting in the cable box.
asdfgh likes this.
post #12695 of 12708 Old 07-20-2014, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nseriessaga View Post
I just picked up a used 60" st60 and ran the screen wipe. I saw loads of logos when screen is white. I was worried these were burn ins.. But after about 15min of running the screen wipe, already I can't locate anymore IR on the screen (phew). I'm going to leave it running for a couple hours just to be safe. The first thing I did was lower contrasts and sharpness levels immediately to 60/10. I noticed they had the settings high.

My main question here is, does this mean my TV is "fresh" again. Or is it now more susceptible to IR due to the way it was used previously?

The picture quality is amazing and coming from a kuro, I wasn't sure if I would be happy. But I truly am.
I've got the same TV. The way you describe it, I doubt if there's any harm done to your display from IR. How the rest of the TV functioning?
post #12696 of 12708 Old 07-20-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy View Post
I've got the same TV. The way you describe it, I doubt if there's any harm done to your display from IR. How the rest of the TV functioning?
Thanks, i sure hope so. I just got back home after letting it run till now, and I see no more IR at all. The rest of the TV, I haven't done much but just some basic color adjusting and the pq is great! I'll do some ps4 testing tonight and tomo to see how the input lag is on this set. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I wanna see what all the negativity is about.

But so far no other issues to report.
post #12697 of 12708 Old 07-20-2014, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
keep your receipts and credit card statements

I highly suggest everyone keep their sale receipt and credit card statement to apply for your credit card's extended warranty if you develop a problem with your TV.

3,000 hours (yes, I watch too much TV) and 1 month after Panasonic warranty expires, my 65ST60 developed a possible panel failure. The TV developed a vertical black bar about 4 inches wide on the right edge of the screen. Two vertical sparkle lines about 1 inch apart on the left of the bad area. I swapped the C1 board to no avail. For the A board, I ran the service menu mirror option to test if the problem follows the image. It didn't. Waiting for TV tech to come by for a diagnostic and estimate for the credit card company.

I am not going to tell you how to disassemble the TV. Let's say if you have the tech guide, it is not too hard. Kind of fun if you have 2-3 hours and a friend for the heavy lifting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackbar1.jpg (153.2 KB, 24 views)
post #12698 of 12708 Old 07-20-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, i sure hope so. I just got back home after letting it run till now, and I see no more IR at all. The rest of the TV, I haven't done much but just some basic color adjusting and the pq is great! I'll do some ps4 testing tonight and tomo to see how the input lag is on this set. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I wanna see what all the negativity is about.

But so far no other issues to report.
I used D-Nice's settings for my 60ST60. So far I've been very pleased. You might want to give them a try. Look at Post #1 & 2 on the ST60 Settings thread.
post #12699 of 12708 Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
bigtom4prez what tv tech say whats wrong with tv
post #12700 of 12708 Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtom4prez View Post
I highly suggest everyone keep their sale receipt and credit card statement to apply for your credit card's extended warranty if you develop a problem with your TV.

3,000 hours (yes, I watch too much TV) and 1 month after Panasonic warranty expires, my 65ST60 developed a possible panel failure. The TV developed a vertical black bar about 4 inches wide on the right edge of the screen. Two vertical sparkle lines about 1 inch apart on the left of the bad area. I swapped the C1 board to no avail. For the A board, I ran the service menu mirror option to test if the problem follows the image. It didn't. Waiting for TV tech to come by for a diagnostic and estimate for the credit card company.

I am not going to tell you how to disassemble the TV. Let's say if you have the tech guide, it is not too hard. Kind of fun if you have 2-3 hours and a friend for the heavy lifting.
oh man...thats rotten luck mate

let us know how it goes
post #12701 of 12708 Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I was just about to pull the trigger on this TV (was also considering the VT60) and then I started reading about lip sync issues/audio delay.

Does this set still have this issue (or did that firmware update fix it?). Has this ever been a problem with the VT60?

Last edited by f33t; Yesterday at 05:25 AM.
post #12702 of 12708 Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I used D-Nice's settings for my 60ST60. So far I've been very pleased. You might want to give them a try. Look at Post #1 & 2 on the ST60 Settings thread.
I got Calibrated settings from another source and pq is great. I've used dnices settings b4 and did enjoy them. Will give them a shot and see how they differ. Thanks for the heads up!
post #12703 of 12708 Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I got Calibrated settings from another source and pq is great. I've used dnices settings b4 and did enjoy them. Will give them a shot and see how they differ. Thanks for the heads up!
Which source? I'd like to compare too.
post #12704 of 12708 Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I believe it was soundandvision. If u google st60 calibration it will come up. Home theater had one I think also but theirs I felt the color level was a bit lower and when increasing the color a bit, gave nice results also. Its pretty amazing seeing the pq dramatically increase with each advanced color and gamma adjustment made.
cajieboy likes this.
post #12705 of 12708 Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Have you had the chance to compare? Any noticeable differences? I will try myself tonight (D-Nice settings).
post #12706 of 12708 Old Today, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have a technical question.

I have a european ST60 in which I want to change the Main (brain) board to change it to the american version because of few missing function like 48Hz and more.
I did a thorough search and found the the only difference between the world models is the Power & Main borads, all the other boards are the same (Sustain and everyting that controls the panel), same manufacturer part number.
I plan to change only the Main board and expect it to miraculously just work.

What say you?

Last edited by James Freeman; Today at 06:23 AM.
post #12707 of 12708 Old Today, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
That sounds like an aspect ratio issue it is not normal for hd not to fill the screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post
Sounds like a setting in the cable box.
Thanks. Turns out the cable box was set to 4:3 SDTV. I changed it to 16:9 HDTV and that fixed the HD channels. The SD channels now have a black border around, and it fills the screen if I choose 25% zoom.
post #12708 of 12708 Old Today, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Thanks. Turns out the cable box was set to 4:3 SDTV. I changed it to 16:9 HDTV and that fixed the HD channels. The SD channels now have a black border around, and it fills the screen if I choose 25% zoom.
Glad to hear you got it resolved
post #12709 of 12708 Old Today, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
I have a technical question.

I have a european ST60 in which I want to change the Main (brain) board to change it to the american version because of few missing function like 48Hz and more.
I did a thorough search and found the the only difference between the world models is the Power & Main borads, all the other boards are the same (Sustain and everyting that controls the panel), same manufacturer part number.
I plan to change only the Main board and expect it to miraculously just work.

What say you?
Your TV probably has a similiar setting for your frame rate. You would be changing the TV to the U.S. format, is that really something you want to do if you're in Europe? All your equipment would need to be multi-system or U.S. models. It's likely you would need to change the power supply in the TV and would need a voltage converter also.

Last edited by samijubal; Today at 09:45 AM.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page