post #13021 of 13041 Old 11-15-2014, 03:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace54 View Post
lol no I wont go in there messing around unless I have instructions I can follow to a T I don't see why not I already checked the hrs in SM about 10600 hrs and 193 ON/OFF

even if someone does messed up in SM no big deal just replace a chip board (probably $50 on ebay) which will reset things
All boards have chips. Which one do you think you'll need and how do you know it will be available if you need it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13022 of 13041 Old 11-15-2014, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
All boards have chips. Which one do you think you'll need and how do you know it will be available if you need it?

most likely the main board they all come and go on Ebay my point is messing up the SM is fixable
post #13023 of 13041 Old 11-16-2014, 02:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 82
You have to enter the settings in every TV I've been in for them to stay after you exit the SM. If you don't actually enter any settings you can just unplug the TV and everything should be where it was.

Still the safest way is to just write down all settings you change beforehand. I doubt settings are resolution specific in these TVs and if there are input specific ones they are probably only cinema/custom the same as the user menus. The biggest problem will probably be finding the right adjustments with the cryptic names they usually give them.
post #13024 of 13041 Old 11-16-2014, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguinn View Post
So my 55" ST-60 started changing inputs randomly while we were watching the television on HDMI 2 last night. I was not touching the remote. I temporarily stopped it by holding the enter button on the remote but then the Menus started opening as well.

This morning it seemed OK. I left it on for 2 hours and no input switching or menus opening. I believe I have not seen the last of this problem but I would like to be optimistic. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue may be? I realize this is very little info on which to work with

This is not a good thing for me since I live in Central America and have limited options for repair and even less for warranty. Of course no more Panny Plasmas either even if I wanted to replace it.

You pays your quarter and you takes your ride but I was hoping the ride would last more than 10 months.
I ended up replacing the A Board. Bought a used one from ShopJimmy and got the extended warranty. The board was $145 with the warranty and it cost me $90 in labor so it could have been worse. The whole process took 10 weeks from the time I first experienced the issue. The TV seems more responsive than before when accessing menus and such, so the board may have been compromised from the beginning.
post #13025 of 13041 Old 11-18-2014, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love this TV, but I think (keyword) I'll be parting with it in the near future and replacing it with an E series Vizio. Destiny is just killing it and the maintenance to get rid of the IR is becoming too much to bear. I'm now using my PS4 on my PC monitor and running WOW's pixel flipper and the built in screen wipe 24/7. It's been about 96 hours and is fading, but will probably need another three or four days before it's gone completely. The good is that I'll be able to break even after selling it, but the bad is that I have to compromise image quality in order to continue playing games.

I'm really on the fence with this because it's such a good tv and I never expected it to be this much of a problem as I've taken good care of it. Should I stay the course or move on?
post #13026 of 13041 Old 11-18-2014, 08:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4rry View Post
I love this TV, but I think (keyword) I'll be parting with it in the near future and replacing it with an E series Vizio. Destiny is just killing it and the maintenance to get rid of the IR is becoming too much to bear. I'm now using my PS4 on my PC monitor and running WOW's pixel flipper and the built in screen wipe 24/7. It's been about 96 hours and is fading, but will probably need another three or four days before it's gone completely. The good is that I'll be able to break even after selling it, but the bad is that I have to compromise image quality in order to continue playing games.

I'm really on the fence with this because it's such a good tv and I never expected it to be this much of a problem as I've taken good care of it. Should I stay the course or move on?
There are only two good choices -- to game or not to game.
post #13027 of 13041 Old 11-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The TV seems more responsive than before when accessing menus and such, so the board may have been compromised from the beginning.
Maybe the new board has the latest firmware and the old board didn't?

There were some people on here who said the menus were faster after the last firmware update.
post #13028 of 13041 Old 11-19-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post
Maybe the new board has the latest firmware and the old board didn't?

There were some people on here who said the menus were faster after the last firmware update.
That could be the case. I had to download the latest firmware before accessing the apps after getting the TV back. Anyone have information on the lack of an Amazon app? It was there before I updated the firmware and then disappeared. I know it was not available prior to August but I hoped it had been reinstated. It is not available at the Panasonic app store either.

We are very happy being able to use the TV again after almost 3 months. Very impressed all over again with the deep blacks and the level of detail. The picture does not look "digital" it is just very natural looking. We travel a lot and stay at friend's houses pet and house sitting. I had the opportunity to watch a Vizio E series for a couple weeks and was impressed. In the event that my TV punks out again, I think that may be the way to go for me. Of course, the blacks are not there but after a while you get used to it. It certainly is priced to give you excellent bang for the buck especially if you forgo the "smart" options which are hit and miss on most TV's.

I also had the opportunity to watch a Panasonic plasma from 2011 (don't remember the model) The IR on that TV is MUCH worse than I've seen on the ST60 - which is little to none in my case, anyway. I also watched a Samsung 720P from 2013, again the IR was much more problematic. I have some friends that have a Samsung F series that I have watched before and I have not noticed IR but when I go there in December I will be checking it closely.
post #13029 of 13041 Old 11-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That could be the case. I had to download the latest firmware before accessing the apps after getting the TV back. Anyone have information on the lack of an Amazon app? It was there before I updated the firmware and then disappeared. I know it was not available prior to August but I hoped it had been reinstated. It is not available at the Panasonic app store either.
It may be your location. It seems like I remember someone else from where you are saying they couldn't get it on their TV.

It's on my TV.
post #13030 of 13041 Old 11-22-2014, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I need help with brightness setting. I recently got a used 50" ST60 and I have been fighting with different custom settings from D-Nice, Cnet, and other review sites and all not being satisfied. I FINALLY found a custom setting I like, almost.
http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...-hdtv-settings

I kept everything like they have it on the above link, besides the HDMI/DVI RGB range, which I changed back to default Standard (16-235).

I love everything about the above soundandvision.com settings other than it is still slightly too dark. What can I slightly tweak to his setting to slightly increase the brightness to the picture without really harming the rest of the settings?

Last edited by mjnoles1; 11-22-2014 at 07:58 AM.
post #13031 of 13041 Old 11-22-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post
It may be your location. It seems like I remember someone else from where you are saying they couldn't get it on their TV.

It's on my TV.

Thanks,

It found it in the Viera Market as a free app.
post #13032 of 13041 Old 11-22-2014, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
I need help with brightness setting. I recently got a used 50" ST60 and I have been fighting with different custom settings from D-Nice, Cnet, and other review sites and all not being satisfied. I FINALLY found a custom setting I like, almost.

I kept everything like they have it on the above link, besides the HDMI/DVI RGB range, which I changed back to default Standard (16-235).

I love everything about the above soundandvision.com settings other than it is still slightly too dark. What can I slightly tweak to his setting to slightly increase the brightness to the picture without really harming the rest of the settings?
You could try changing Gamma from 2.4 to 2.2
post #13033 of 13041 Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Anyone have an idea what used, near-new condition 50" ST60s would go for these days? I've seen it at $900 on ebay, but not sure if it's actually selling at that price point.
post #13034 of 13041 Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2907Laz View Post
You could try changing Gamma from 2.4 to 2.2
I tried 2.2 Gamma, but, it made it too bright. What I need was up the brightness from +2 to +4 and that solved that problem.

I have one additional problem. Watching football right now. The whites on the players jerseys and pants have a slight blue tint/hue to it. It reminds me of watching those Clorox Bleach commercials, when Clorox compares their product to other bleaches. Clorox is extremely white, while the other product in the white color is dingy. Hopefully this makes sense.

Everyone, what would I need to adjust from:

to take the slight blue tint/hue off of whites, for example on football players jerseys and pants?

Last edited by mjnoles1; Yesterday at 04:09 PM.
post #13035 of 13041 Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskda View Post
Anyone have an idea what used, near-new condition 50" ST60s would go for these days? I've seen it at $900 on ebay, but not sure if it's actually selling at that price point.

I'm trying to sell my near new ST60 50" for $1400.00 still has warranty worth it if you ask me there are T.Vs with garbage PQ priced well over $1400.00 but I wouldn't buy a T.V. off of Ebay if the panel arrives broken will the seller give you your money back? don't think so
post #13036 of 13041 Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Try adjusting color tempature.may help.
post #13037 of 13041 Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace54 View Post
I'm trying to sell my near new ST60 50" for $1400.00 still has warranty worth it if you ask me there are T.Vs with garbage PQ priced well over $1400.00 but I wouldn't buy a T.V. off of Ebay if the panel arrives broken will the seller give you your money back? don't think so
Thanks for sharing. Let me know if you get any hits--I'm thinking to sell mine as well. Great PQ but unfortunately the input lag is making console gaming impossible for me.
post #13038 of 13041 Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Optical Input broke

On my 50" Panny P50ST60 the optical cable input is broken, like it caved in. Anybody had to have service to their ST60 yet? It is still under warranty.

Thanks in advance,
Pat
post #13039 of 13041 Old Today, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman View Post
Try adjusting color tempature.may help.
Unfortunately thsat didn't do it as it fluctuated everything, I just need to take out the slight dingy blue color in my whites. It most likely has to do with one of the W/B blue adjustments that I made with the soundandvision.com recommendations, I just do not know how to use those settings and what each of them do.
post #13040 of 13041 Old Today, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
Unfortunately thsat didn't do it as it fluctuated everything, I just need to take out the slight dingy blue color in my whites. It most likely has to do with one of the W/B blue adjustments that I made with the soundandvision.com recommendations, I just do not know how to use those settings and what each of them do.
You can't adjust white balance settings in any meaningful way without a meter and software, you are basically shooting in the dark,

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Darbee DVP5000
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #13041 of 13041 Old Today, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I can't remember if the Panny allows them to be easily switched on and off but I would remove the Sound and Vision ten point adjustments and see if that helps. They are the most panel specific.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread