Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread
When I bought it last year I was absolutely blown away.
No burn in
No blown subpixels
No dirty screen effect
Not bad for just 400 bux.
Previous owner of the 50 inch ST60 only logged less than 500 hours.
5000 hours later, here's my impression(s):
1. This 60-series ST plasma is the least resistant to IR and/or burn-in... so no CNN/FOX/MSNBC/FS1/ESPN with this set.
2. This set definitely has really deep blacks like the Kuro Elite and it actually maintains it. Man-cave watchers rejoice!
3. Due to aggressive ABL and (I think...) not-so-beefy power supply, I think this set is only optimized for watching (non-animated) bluray movies with APL levels usually seen in cinema. Full white fields tops only at 17 ft/L.
4. The built in ABL algorithm definitely kicks in aggressively in live videos with high APL like Hockey and anything to do with snow events. Also, I'm not sure I'm the only one who notice it but I think color tone (and even gamma shift) happens in high APL scene.
5. This set sure is sharp! I had to turn down sharpness setting to 0.
So yeah, I pretty much relegated my ST60 to bluray or netflix/hulu movie watching.
For anything higher APL such as live action feed (news, sports) and animation (3DCG and anime) I still continue to use my 2010 50 inch Viera G20. The G20 handles high APL and bright programming much better.
For cinema grade material like Dark Knight Trilogy I'll defer that to the ST60, preferably in a mancave environment