Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread - Page 458 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 134Likes
post #13711 of 13738 Unread 01-12-2017, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I believe I set it to limited RGB and did the same for my home theater PC. My HTPC outputs flashing bands appropriately from levels 17 to 234 so what ever I did it works :-)
The important thing is that the TV and the video source need to be set to the same standard.

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13712 of 13738 Unread 01-12-2017, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
I believe I set it to limited RGB and did the same for my home theater PC. My HTPC outputs flashing bands appropriately from levels 17 to 234 so what ever I did it works :-)
The important thing is that the TV and the video source need to be set to the same standard.

Flashing bands from 17 to 234? Now you lost me
post #13713 of 13738 Unread 01-13-2017, 04:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

There are test patterns you can run that let you adjust brightness and contrast so that the dynamic range of the TV is used appropriately in displaying content. If you think of possible encoding of black levels as a scale from zero to 255, only 16 to 234 are typically used. So the test patterns include flashing bands encoded from 0 to 255, and we adjust things until 17-234 flash. 0-16 should stay black and above 234 stay white. If this isn't set properly you get black crush and other artifacts.

post #13714 of 13738 Unread 01-13-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
There are test patterns you can run that let you adjust brightness and contrast so that the dynamic range of the TV is used appropriately in displaying content. If you think of possible encoding of black levels as a scale from zero to 255, only 16 to 234 are typically used. So the test patterns include flashing bands encoded from 0 to 255, and we adjust things until 17-234 flash. 0-16 should stay black and above 234 stay white. If this isn't set properly you get black crush and other artifacts.

Aaah ok that one I have used before on another set, thank you.
post #13715 of 13738 Unread 01-16-2017, 10:52 PM

The vertical band is there to stay it seems. Hoped it was burn in at first but now I am pretty sure its not. I have been haunted by this damn vertical banding since I sold my Pioneer 507 plasma. I have tried 7 different LED screens and 3 OLED screens and they all had it. So I refered back to the only safe tech I know of : Plasma. But what do I get? Vertical effing banding............................
post #13716 of 13738 Unread 01-21-2017, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post
Is it normal for the P65ST60 to have these green pixels in it when looking at it close? If this not the norm, how can I correct this? These screen shots were taking while my xbox one S was updating for the first time.

http://imgur.com/fDrBqxx

http://imgur.com/8GzebDR
Is that an all black background? If it's all black then you should not have any dancing pixels. Make sure your brightness is set correctly for your source. Use the free disks out there like AVSHD709 or GCD. Set black to where the black clipping pattern 16 is invisible and 17 is visible. The key is to make sure 16 is invisible.
post #13717 of 13738 Unread 01-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxione View Post
Hi!

Just bought a Panasonic ST60 in mint condition, however now I have noticed a vertical band on the right from the middle of the set. Didint bother to check for this before as I didnt think plasma suffered from vertical banding. I guess I have to live with it? Also there is line bleed, is that normal?

Br J
One way to check for line bleed is use the green movie trailers ratings screen pause it and look for the line bleed usually it's horizontal.Find them on the movie trailers from Blu-rays.
post #13718 of 13738 Unread 01-21-2017, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
I get green pixels too, but I can actually see them from 10 feet away. It's usually there when it's first turn on and trying warm up. I think those are the sub pixels from the screenshots?
This is normal when first turning on the TV. It goes away right away. If you have the brightness on your set setup correctly then you should not see it in black bars for movies or a full black blackground. AVSHD709 or GCD calibration disk. Black clipping pattern, set Brightness so that 16 is invisible and not flashing, 17 is visible and flashing.
post #13719 of 13738 Unread 01-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Don't adjust green cut. Leave your white balance controls at default. Use the mentioned patterns to adjust your brightness control.
Bruce2019 likes this.
post #13720 of 13738 Unread 02-19-2017, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hi everyone,

I could use some help troubleshooting an issue on my 60ST60 where black levels in movie scenes suddenly go from deep black to sort of a washed-out gray, during low-light scenes like "people walking through caves or sewers." Often this looks sort of like flickering between the dark black the backgrounds should be, and a much grayer view. If I go frame by frame through those sequences, the changes occur matching what I see when watching the movie in real time.

It's distracting, and started right after I reconfigured my home theater... everything changed about my home theater setup all at once, except for the TV and it's settings. The TV & settings haven't changed a bit. But there's a new home theater PC (now a late model i5-6600 based machine with Win10, new versions of playback software, etc.), and a new AVR (Denon S720W).

Playing these same scenes of content WITH THE SAME SOFTWARE on my desktop PC doesn't show the "flickering." So, I have no reason to believe it relates to the content.

I tried sending the video to multiple different HDMI ports on the TV; they both showed the same gray-flicker phenomenon.

Based on this, my troubleshooting tree looks like this:
-Is it the content? No.
-Is it the TV itself? Almost certainly not.
-Is it the software? Apparently not.
-Does it relate to the new computer or new AVR?
---Almost certainly yes
-----What on the AVR could cause this? [Don't know, noting in menus suggests it, next step is to test without AVR in the loop]
-----If I rule out the AVR, what about the computer would cause this? Nothing much in the Intel graphics controls that relates to this to try to tweak.

Any ideas about what to do? I'll see about testing without the AVR; physically this may be easier said then done based on available cable lengths.

Mostly, what in a late model Intel driver package would cause this?

Marc

post #13721 of 13738 Unread 02-19-2017, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oh. Never mind.

It turns out that there was a contrast enhancement that was set to "enabled." I was unfamiliar with this control since it's not present for my slightly older computer's Intel graphics settings. Turned it off and the problem has gone away.

Thanks for listening...

post #13722 of 13738 Unread 02-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Oh. Never mind.

It turns out that there was a contrast enhancement that was set to "enabled." I was unfamiliar with this control since it's not present for my slightly older computer's Intel graphics settings. Turned it off and the problem has gone away.

Thanks for listening...
I've been wondering for over 10 years if there is a legitimate use case for this common misfeature. Every implementation I've seen has been highly annoying.
post #13723 of 13738 Unread 02-20-2017, 04:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Agreed. No idea why it would ever be desirable at the OS/Driver level. I can see in player apps having such an option, but never as part of the graphic driver settings. Sheesh.

post #13724 of 13738 Unread 02-20-2017, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 221
So I had been going back and forth with a guy about 90 minutes from me about his 65ST60 that was listed on eBay. After a couple emails to make sure I could check the set out first before finalizing the sale (me asking to run colored slides to check for the obvious issues) I was told there is a slight Q in the lower left hand side of the screen from his 85 y.o. mother watching QVC religiously. I was a little bummed when I heard this but still wanted to take a ride to check it out.

The set was listed at $750 and after the talk about the possible burn in/major IR I came in at $500 in which he countered at $600 so I decided for that price if the screen issues were not bad I would just take it. So I took a ride Saturday to check it out and while there was a slightly visible Q (really only on the green slide but not the others) IMO it was not bad enough to not take it home so I loaded it up and brought it home.

For $600 bucks I figured if I got a few years out of it and possibly get the Disney WOW disc to try and mitigate the burn in (I doubt that happens but it is hard to see anyway) that I got a great set for the price...plus it came with 2 3D glasses and 2 remotes to boot.

Once I got it home and in it's new home I quickly powered it up. Upon powering it up I was little worried as I saw little dancing green pixels on a green screen and then remembered from reading this thread prior to buying that it was most likely an issue with the brightness...as it turns out the brightness was just about maxed out so I lowered it to 0 and they went away...crisis averted.

Saturday night I had to watch my niece and nephew so I thought it would be a good chance to check out a couple Disney movies. All I can say coming from a 50G25 is that the picture and the sheer size increase of the 65ST60 were astounding and this was before I plugged in Dnice's settings.

Sunday afternoon I was able to sit down and go through the settings inputting Dnice's settings. Later that night I decided to give Avatar a go since I figured that would really bring out the TV picture and all I can say is WOW. I was astounded at the PQ and am glad to now have a TV that can keep up with the sound system that accompanies it. Now to test out some other showpiece movies.

If anyone has suggestions of movies that really make a TV shine let me know so I can add it to my watch list.

Thanks

Ed
Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST60 Plasma, Onkyo TX-NR1008 receiver, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP sub

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro
BD collection http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...0&categoryid=7

Last edited by Smigro; 02-20-2017 at 08:21 AM.
post #13725 of 13738 Unread 02-20-2017, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
So I had been going back and forth with a guy about 90 minutes from me about his 65ST60 that was listed on eBay. After a couple emails to make sure I could check the set out first before finalizing the sale (me asking to run colored slides to check for the obvious issues) I was told there is a slight Q in the lower left hand side of the screen from his 85 y.o. mother watching QVC religiously. I was a little bummed when I heard this but still wanted to take a ride to check it out.

The set was listed at $750 and after the talk about the possible burn in/major IR I came in at $500 in which he countered at $600 so I decided for that price if the screen issues were not bad I would just take it. So I took a ride Saturday to check it out and while there was a slightly visible Q (really only on the green slide but not the others) IMO it was not bad enough to not take it home so I loaded it up and brought it home.

For $600 bucks I figured if I got a few years out of it and possibly get the Disney WOW disc to try and mitigate the burn in (I doubt that happens but it is hard to see anyway) that I got a great set for the price...plus it came with 2 3D glasses and 2 remotes to boot.

Once I got it home and in it's new home I quickly powered it up. Upon powering it up I was little worried as I saw little dancing green pixels on a green screen and then remembered from reading this thread prior to buying that it was most likely an issue with the brightness...as it turns out the brightness was just about maxed out so I lowered it to 0 and they went away...crisis averted.

Saturday night I had to watch my niece and nephew so I thought it would be a good chance to check out a couple Disney movies. All I can say coming from a 50G25 is that the picture and the sheer size increase of the 65ST60 were astounding and this was before I plugged in Dnice's settings.

Sunday afternoon I was able to sit down and go through the settings inputting Dnice's settings. Later that night I decided to give Avatar a go since I figured that would really bring out the TV picture and all I can say is WOW. I was astounded at the PQ and am glad to now have a TV that can keep up with the sound system that accompanies it. Now to test out some other showpiece movies.

If anyone has suggestions of movies that really make a TV shine let me know so I can add it to my watch list.

Thanks

Congrats on a great deal! It is a pretty amazing TV, isn't it?

Mark
Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST60 Plasma, NAD T775 receiver, OPPO BDP-103, AT&T uVerse
Era D5 front left/right, Era D5 LCR center, Triad in-ceiling Mini 8/LCR surrounds, Martin Logan Abyss and SVS SB12-NSD subs
post #13726 of 13738 Unread 02-20-2017, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
Congrats on a great deal! It is a pretty amazing TV, isn't it?
It is and for $600 it makes that much sweeter for me...I just have to cross my fingers that I get as much life out of that as I did with 2010 G25 which is still going strong. It is a bummer about the higher propensity for burn in in these 2013 panels but luckily it is really only going to be used for movies (and a little gaming) and not for broadcast TV so I shouldn't have to worry much about that.

Ed
Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST60 Plasma, Onkyo TX-NR1008 receiver, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP sub

post #13727 of 13738 Unread Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Quote:
It is and for $600 it makes that much sweeter for me...I just have to cross my fingers that I get as much life out of that as I did with 2010 G25 which is still going strong. It is a bummer about the higher propensity for burn in in these 2013 panels but luckily it is really only going to be used for movies (and a little gaming) and not for broadcast TV so I shouldn't have to worry much about that.
With brightness set at a more reasonable level and not cranked way up, I get a little bit of temporary IR sometimes from sports overlays (scores, etc.), but it does not last long and I have not had any burn-in after 3+ years of use. If you are not seeing much issue now with yours, you should be in good shape.
Smigro likes this.

Mark
Era D5 front left/right, Era D5 LCR center, Triad in-ceiling Mini 8/LCR surrounds, Martin Logan Abyss and SVS SB12-NSD subs
post #13728 of 13738 Unread Yesterday, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Yes congrats , these sets are jems 4sure. Try oblivion, Prometheus, The revenant, pretty much anything looks good on these sets. Enjoy.
Smigro likes this.

Media room- LG 4K OLED EG9600, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Samsung 4K K8500, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC, Klipsch Reference R-62II, Rc52II,PS4

Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
post #13729 of 13738 Unread Yesterday, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
With brightness set at a more reasonable level and not cranked way up, I get a little bit of temporary IR sometimes from sports overlays (scores, etc.), but it does not last long and I have not had any burn-in after 3+ years of use. If you are not seeing much issue now with yours, you should be in good shape.
Funny you say that. Last night I was watching Spectre and on the left side of the screen there was this band that looked like it was the height of the screen and about 10" wide where the coloring was slightly off. This could not be seen with the dark colors but with the early helo scene that had a lot of sky and later at the base in the snow covered mountains I could easily pick out where this band was as the whites were just slightly off...not a lot and most people probably would not notice but I guess my eyes pick up all this stuff and I was worried.

In a panic I changed sources on my AVR to get a blue screen and low an behold there was a lot of IR on the screen. I was worried there were panel issues so I stopped the movie and promptly put on the screen wiper to see if it would help. After about 15 minutes most of the lettering IR (from me messing in the menus) was gone but I could still see the band to the left which actually now looked more like a box and did go from the top to the bottom of the screen. I decided to leave it on and went out to watch TV in the living room. I ended falling asleep out there and woke up about 5 hours into the screen wipe and at that time most of the band was gone so I turned off the TV and hit the sack. I am guessing it was just IR from the menu and while it is not completely gone I would say it is about 95% gone so I plan on watching Hacksaw Ridge tonight and then doing an overnight screenwipe to see if it goes away.

FYI, I am now running Dnice's settings and his brightness is +1 IIRC so I hope this is a non issue going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post
Yes congrats , these sets are jems 4sure. Try oblivion, Prometheus, The revenant, pretty much anything looks good on these sets. Enjoy.
Yeah, minus the couple hiccups I have had (bought the set from older people who more than likely just plugged it in and started using it (brightness and contrast were maxed out. lol) with getting the screen right I am loving it so far...far leap from my 2010 50G25 due to screen size and the better black level performance.

I will be checking out Hacksaw Ridge tonight but will definitely add those to my rewatch list since I own them all on bd.
Latinoheat likes this.

Ed

post #13730 of 13738 Unread Yesterday, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Funny you say that. Last night I was watching Spectre and on the left side of the screen there was this band that looked like it was the height of the screen and about 10" wide where the coloring was slightly off. This could not be seen with the dark colors but with the early helo scene that had a lot of sky and later at the base in the snow covered mountains I could easily pick out where this band was as the whites were just slightly off...not a lot and most people probably would not notice but I guess my eyes pick up all this stuff and I was worried.

In a panic I changed sources on my AVR to get a blue screen and low an behold there was a lot of IR on the screen. I was worried there were panel issues so I stopped the movie and promptly put on the screen wiper to see if it would help. After about 15 minutes most of the lettering IR (from me messing in the menus) was gone but I could still see the band to the left which actually now looked more like a box and did go from the top to the bottom of the screen. I decided to leave it on and went out to watch TV in the living room. I ended falling asleep out there and woke up about 5 hours into the screen wipe and at that time most of the band was gone so I turned off the TV and hit the sack. I am guessing it was just IR from the menu and while it is not completely gone I would say it is about 95% gone so I plan on watching Hacksaw Ridge tonight and then doing an overnight screenwipe to see if it goes away.

FYI, I am now running Dnice's settings and his brightness is +1 IIRC so I hope this is a non issue going forward.

Yeah, minus the couple hiccups I have had (bought the set from older people who more than likely just plugged it in and started using it (brightness and contrast were maxed out. lol) with getting the screen right I am loving it so far...far leap from my 2010 50G25 due to screen size and the better black level performance.

I will be checking out Hacksaw Ridge tonight but will definitely add those to my rewatch list since I own them all on bd.
Good deal, Did you check the hours? Menu-Help--Version-Status 4
post #13731 of 13738 Unread Yesterday, 11:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:

You must have got one of the bad panels if you get stubborn IR that easy. There were other people on here complaining about IR problems back when these were still in production. I leave static images on my screen all the time without any problems. I was in TV and DVD player menus and pausing static images for a long time a couple of days ago to compare DVD players and saw nothing on my screen afterwards.

It's contrast level you need to worry about if you are getting IR, brightness not so much.
post #13732 of 13738 Unread Today, 04:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Vertical Bands in Plasma screen have nothing to do with IR.. and there is nothing you can do about it..

If you buy a second hand Plasma, just start the Screen whipe.. With this you see everything.. IR and DSE (Dirty Screen Effect) and bandings..

Happy Panasonic ST60 50inch owner

Last edited by Bruce2019; Today at 04:33 AM.
post #13733 of 13738 Unread Today, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace54 View Post
Good deal, Did you check the hours? Menu-Help--Version-Status 4
No I did not as I was not sure how to get these but I will check when I get home today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post
You must have got one of the bad panels if you get stubborn IR that easy. There were other people on here complaining about IR problems back when these were still in production. I leave static images on my screen all the time without any problems. I was in TV and DVD player menus and pausing static images for a long time a couple of days ago to compare DVD players and saw nothing on my screen afterwards.

It's contrast level you need to worry about if you are getting IR, brightness not so much.
That may be and the guy was upfront about his mother watching QVC religiously and the more I look at it the issue with the left side of the screen looks like is it the box that is always on QVC that has what ever product in it that they are trying to sell.

Below shows what the QVC channel looks like and when I do a screen wipe the logo and the box area is visible. Now after I run the screen wipe it seems to get better after a couple hours, but it also seems to come back which I am not sure why. I never experienced IR/burn in looking like it was going away and then coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce2019 View Post
Vertical Bands in Plasma screen have nothing to do with IR...and there is nothing you can do about it..

If you buy a second hand Plasma, just start the Screen wipe.. With this you see everything.. IR and DSE (Dirty Screen Effect) and bandings..
Yeah, not sure what I was thinking as I did take slides and ran them but for some reason it slipped my mind to do the screen wipe. If I had I would have probably passed on the panel but as it stands not much I can do but kick myself in the butt for not being more thorough with my test. If I was like most other people I could just file a dispute with eBay as the screen is not as described but I tested it and accepted so I do not feel right doing that...I will just live with it...at least it was only $600.

My buddy is shipping me his Disney WOW so I can try the pixel flipper to see if that does any good but my guess is if this panel has a lot of hours there is not much that will help but I guess it is worth a shot.

If anyone else has any tricks that I could try let me know. Being they are white boxes and logo I am hoping that is easier to mitigate but who knows.

Ed

post #13734 of 13738 Unread Today, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 183
I am still not sure if your tv has a Panel vertical band (you can not do much about it), or a vertical menue Image Retention on the left..

There also times where those pana Plasmas are more sensitive to IR during the life span..

For the price you made an awesome purchase..
Smigro likes this.

Happy Panasonic ST60 50inch owner
post #13735 of 13738 Unread Today, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Getting some IR from bright lettering of the menus or even from white lettering of opening credits on some movies will often leave some IR if you immediately switch to a light background or a test screen of solid color (e.g., blue). That is not unusual and I see that also, but it fades pretty quickly if the contrast is not set too high as others have mentioned. Limited and temporary IR is an OK trade-off for me for the overall image quality of the ST60 series. As for the vertical band you saw, some others have mentioned that in the past and it could possibly be a panel defect but if it is not too noticeable in normal viewing, I would not worry about it for the deal you got.

I do understand, though, the raised sensitivity you have to these issues, though. This was my first ever plasma TV and for the first few months, like you, I noticed every little thing. I eventually relaxed and just enjoy the picture.

Mark
post #13736 of 13738 Unread Today, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Replaced my plasma TV.

Back in July 2013 I bought a Panasonic TCP50ST60. I usually pass on extended warranty but this time i did. Looks like it was a good thing.
On January 29 2017 i turned on the TV and as per usual it made its click sound but it quickly made a second louder different sounding click. No picture no sound. 8 blinking light. I unplugged it and waited one minute. Plugged it back in and it made the second sounding click as above but the tv this time turned on.

It was working fine over the next several days but figured it would probably happen again sooner or later and next time maybe not come back. So on Feb 06 i called the warranty people. They picked up the TV to bring to the shop for testing on Feb09

On Feb15 i got a call from the store manager. Said they have a new TV for me ready to be picked up. So they werent fixing the ST60. I asked what they were offering as a replacement. They said a Samsung 50in 6290. Thanks but no thanks. Not good enough.

I opted to upgrade to a better TV. I did consider the Panasonic 58 DX800. DX900 as well but too much money and too big. Only available in a 65in screen. LG OLED B6 also considered. Really like my 2010 Sony 40HX800 but not happy with the new Sony models 850 and 930.

Finally decided on the Samsung 55KS8500. I asked if they knew why it was not being fixed. They told me Panasonic never fixes them and just writes them off.
post #13737 of 13738 Unread Today, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce2019 View Post
I am still not sure if your tv has a Panel vertical band (you can not do much about it), or a vertical menue Image Retention on the left..

There also times where those pana Plasmas are more sensitive to IR during the life span..

For the price you made an awesome purchase..
Yeah, for $600 I can deal with the issue since it is minor and only shows up when there light scenes (i.e. a whitish/grey sky, snow scenes, etc.)...just glad I got him down from his original asking price of $750 because at that price I would probably be a bit upset.

I will just have to keep trying screen wiping periodically and the Disney pixel flipper when I get the disc from my buddy.

Ed

post #13738 of 13738 Unread Today, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Getting some IR from bright lettering of the menus or even from white lettering of opening credits on some movies will often leave some IR if you immediately switch to a light background or a test screen of solid color (e.g., blue). That is not unusual and I see that also, but it fades pretty quickly if the contrast is not set too high as others have mentioned. Limited and temporary IR is an OK trade-off for me for the overall image quality of the ST60 series. As for the vertical band you saw, some others have mentioned that in the past and it could possibly be a panel defect but if it is not too noticeable in normal viewing, I would not worry about it for the deal you got.

I do understand, though, the raised sensitivity you have to these issues, though. This was my first ever plasma TV and for the first few months, like you, I noticed every little thing. I eventually relaxed and just enjoy the picture.
Thank you for the response. I posted a little bit earlier that I believe I found the issue and I am pretty sure it is not vertical banding...it just looked like that when I was watching a movie.

Being that the owner told me his mother watched QVC religiously I did some looking around and it appears the IR/burn in from box on the left of the QVC channel where they are showcasing what is on sale. I too am used to temporary IR as I still get that from time to time with my 2010 Panny G25 that I have had I bought it back in December of 2010 but that never has developed burn in.

What I don't get is why after I run the screen wipe for a couple hours the screens looks to be improving but the next day it seems back to square one. I had always thought the burn in was either there or not...not that it would fade and come back...so I am hopeful that maybe it is just bad IR that will eventually correct itself through normal viewing/screen wiping/pixel flipper.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread