Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread - Page 58 - AVS Forum
First ... 56  57  58 59  60  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread
Razman's Avatar Razman 06:11 PM 04-16-2013
This is for all who have purchased a PanasonicST60 series. Panasonic has a promotion for a free electronic touch pen for anyone that purchases a ST60 series between April 14 and June 29, 2013.

cadett's Avatar cadett 06:37 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razman View Post

Called Best Buy and they will not match Sears price of $1499. That is why Best Buy is going out of business. They do have the 60" in stock at Metairie,La store.

Not anymore. The only one they had, atleast I was told.
wattheF's Avatar wattheF 06:41 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkdilkington View Post

I bet this is what is causing input lag for everyone. Frame interpolation = input lag, always.

How do I set it to 96hz mode? I have an HTPC (w/ blu-ray) and a Roku. HTPC only lets me set my video driver to 60hz.

it can only be used for bluray/dvd content.

it should be under picture settings or advanced settings??? but Im not sure TBH.

maybe an owner can help you
rvanderwerf's Avatar rvanderwerf 06:43 PM 04-16-2013
I hope sears gets more in soon before their sale is up (or bb puts it on sale), I really want the 60 and not the 55 for only 150 more. We sit about 11ft away, I feel the 55 will feel too small? (Wofe promised to change her habits lol so were good).
Quote:

Called Best Buy and they will not match Sears price of $1499. That is why Best Buy is going out of business. They do have the 60" in stock at Metairie,La store.

htwaits's Avatar htwaits 07:11 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post

Well I watched about 16 hours worth of content out of the box. I then learned of the prep slides; if since been running them day and night with no content in between. I'm going strong 50 hours in and will conclude on Thursday at 7 PM Pacific.
Your results may be a little different but the difference is probably less than the difference between two sets from the same model.
Quote:
I wasn't aware that you'd have to calibrate each device individually.
It's possible to calibrate a different mode on the TV for different input devices but that would be an owner option. I've attended several calibrations done by well known calibrators. In each case they calibrated one mode on the TV and used generated source material to do the calibration. When the calibrations were done, the input devices were checked to see how they were performing. TV is so variable that it would be impossible to see a calibrated image on each and every channel because they are all over the place.
Quote:
Darn; well I'm most concerned with gaming (Xbox 360) and Blu-rays.
Your set should look it's best with Blu-ray input. I'm not a gamer, but I wouldn't calibrate for gaming alone.
Quote:
I guess I'll just wait and see.
Keep in mind that using D-Nice's settings is just a way to get overall PQ that should be better than the factory settings. A professional calibration is the only way to get your set as close as it can be to industry standards. Those standards are used in movie making, and in TV. I don't know that they are used in the creation of games. The quality behind using the industry standards in TV is unreliable.
htwaits's Avatar htwaits 07:15 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

Quote:

I hope that one doesn't wind up with a cracked screen. wink.gif
biggweeziehd's Avatar biggweeziehd 07:30 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Matadurr View Post

Pro tip, take that note and the surrounding label/plastic off when doing the slides. I left mine on with my ST30 and it adversly affected the panel prep. It eventually cleared up, but just a fair warning. biggrin.gif
And no, I don't know exactly why it affects it, possibly the reflecting of heat/light back onto the panel? I don't know.

K thx
biggweeziehd's Avatar biggweeziehd 07:38 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

I would go to the store and talk sh@t til I got some love. Put a Lil effort into it, that's $200 bucks. You would be amazed what you can get by speaking up. I never let em slide.
biggweeziehd's Avatar biggweeziehd 07:40 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

So what did you pay?
cadett's Avatar cadett 07:43 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

I hope that one doesn't wind up with a cracked screen. wink.gif
Babying it smile.gif
cadett's Avatar cadett 07:44 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

So what did you pay?
$1499
Razman's Avatar Razman 07:59 PM 04-16-2013
I did not feel like going over there tonight to haggle. Being they only had one in stock i am glad you got the only one they had. Please post your impressions when you get it hooked up. I posted earlier if any one could compare my 50" 8G Kuro to the new ST60 ?
cadett's Avatar cadett 08:12 PM 04-16-2013
Thanks. Yea I wasn't even aware that it was the only one in stock until I got to the store. The young lady asked me if I was the one that just called about this tv. I explained that I had ordered it from Houma at lunch & was given the option of going to pick it up or wait a week & half to have it shipped. It was a no brainer. That's when she told me it was the only one they had, so I got lucky. Kind of confused why they just had one. Seems strange. They charged me the msrp & didn't tell me my total, I had to ask for it. When she told me the total, I directed to Sears who has it available to purchase for $1499. She got back on the phone a little later stating that there would be a credit on my card for the difference. I'll have to wait & see. Just got home no cracked screen tongue.gif. Contemplating break in. I've never done it. I've always calibrated my own sets. However, I think I'm going to run D-Nice's slides just to see what the difference is. I think that would be helpful for those who break in, plug, & play. I have a GT50 in the living room that is going back Friday, so I won't be giving a direct comparison, but I can give a general idea of how they compare.
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77 08:32 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

This seems like a good time to ask a question that I was concerned about lately.

When transporting these plasmas from the store to your home are you supposed to keep them upright, or can you lay them on their side like in the picture. I always thought you were not supposed to lay them on their side. Thought that would mess up the pixels or something. Does this not apply to plasmas? Does this apply to other types of tv's? Has it ever applied if it does not anymore? Thanks
gbmannc's Avatar gbmannc 08:39 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

This seems like a good time to ask a question that I was concerned about lately.

When transporting these plasmas from the store to your home are you supposed to keep them upright, or can you lay them on their side like in the picture. I always thought you were not supposed to lay them on their side. Thought that would mess up the pixels or something. Does this not apply to plasmas? Does this apply to other types of tv's? Has it ever applied if it does not anymore? Thanks

Laying down a plasma is a bad idea. The screen has no support behind it, so if there is a bump or jolt the force could cause the screen to crack. This does not apply to LCD tvs as they do not have heavy glass screens.
Moonchilde's Avatar Moonchilde 08:41 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmannc View Post

This does not apply to LCD tvs as they do not have heavy glass screens.

That's because they're so thin they'd snap in half if anything bumped them, LOL.
biggweeziehd's Avatar biggweeziehd 08:43 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

Guy at best buy told me UPRIGHT!

But I didn't care I drove mine home like my other 3 plasmas, flat screen up just like this pic. Think it's not good because the weight of the glass can make the screen crack but my new one, as all the others, got home safe
cadett's Avatar cadett 08:46 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

It's not recommended, but it will not harm the pixels. The concern is the glass. As long as you don't crack it, then it will be fine. There is just a greater risk of cracking the glass when lying it flat.
cadett's Avatar cadett 08:47 PM 04-16-2013
Besides that. These things are shiped over here!
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77 08:52 PM 04-16-2013
Yeah, lol. Guess I was given bad info years ago. I thought it applied to lcd screens too. Just always wondered about them moving from warehouses to showrooms and shipped via ups or fedex. Just was under the impression it was more than just the screen cracking. Learn a few new things everyday.
hotskins's Avatar hotskins 08:56 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

They have to match Sears. Its on the list of stores we pricematch.
Try speaking to a manager
El Matadurr's Avatar El Matadurr 09:09 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

Besides that. These things are shiped over here!
I had wondered about that too. I've talked with multiple big stores (BB, Sears, Abt, etc.), and they treat TVs in those boxes like fresh eggs--if they catch any worker manhandling them, they're up for serious reprimand. Of course, it could also be just sales people saying things trying to sell me another TV... rolleyes.gif
biggweeziehd's Avatar biggweeziehd 09:30 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

This is for all who have purchased a PanasonicST60 series. Panasonic has a promotion for a free electronic touch pen for anyone that purchases a ST60 series between April 14 and June 29, 2013.

Give a link
blackdemongsx's Avatar blackdemongsx 09:38 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

Give a link
Damn i purchased my tv saturday the 13th Oh well
Razman's Avatar Razman 09:43 PM 04-16-2013
Go to Sears website and look up ST60 series. Click on rebate offer. Here's the link to form. http://c.shld.net/assets/docs/spin_prod_824331412.pdf
random205's Avatar random205 09:53 PM 04-16-2013
If it was the Skype camera I'd do the work, but for the pen I don't really care.

For anyone wondering, the ST60 does play mkv files. Just watched Django Unchained off a USB drive.
AdamHD's Avatar AdamHD 09:56 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

Go to Sears website and look up ST60 series. Click on rebate offer. Here's the link to form. http://c.shld.net/assets/docs/spin_prod_824331412.pdf
That's actually really cool. As much as I think I'd never use the touch pen, having that as an extra bonus (adding even more value to the purchase of the ST60) is really steering me towards picking up the ST. Does anyone know if the touch pen comes in the box with the VT60? I'm finding conflicting info online...
Razman's Avatar Razman 10:11 PM 04-16-2013
I believe it is sold seperately. The pen is listed on Amazon for $79.99. Owners of the ST60 series please comment on the brightness and contrast of this set. when i saw it at Best Buy next to the torch mode LCDs it looked very dim.
Dabois09's Avatar Dabois09 10:17 PM 04-16-2013
Quote:

I believe it is sold seperately. The pen is listed on Amazon for $79.99. Owners of the ST60 series please comment on the brightness and contrast of this set. when i saw it at Best Buy next to the torch mode LCDs it looked very dim.

It's not dim at all; in fact this set is actually capable of a surprisingly bright picture IMO.
AdamHD's Avatar AdamHD 10:22 PM 04-16-2013
Has anyone picked up a 65" yet? They don't appear to be in B&M stores yet, but look like they are shipping from online retailers. Just curious... smile.gif
Tags: Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
First ... 56  57  58 59  60  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop