Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread - Page 81 - AVS Forum
First ... 79  80  81 82  83  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 04:42 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Medaglia View Post

Thanks for the link! Another amazing review. Now, if only Best Buy would carry the 65" model in my neck of the woods...
Buy online and get here shipped in wink.gif

fester99's Avatar fester99 04:56 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriscoCountyJr View Post

The digital audio output will only provide stereo for external HDMI sources since the TV has to report to the external source device it is a stereo (2 speaker) TV set and the device then downconverts all audio to stereo on the HDMI to the TV.
For full multi-channel audio from external sources, you would still need to connect separate optical or coax audio from each external source to your older receiver, just like I do to my 10 year old Denon receiver.
I also separately connect the TV's optical digital audio output to my receiver, for multi-channel audio from internal TV sources including the TV's tuner and internet smart apps like Netflix and Vudu.

You should look at this then
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5557&seq=1&format=2
It should split the audio from the video and put the audio out through Optical(toslink) and video over HDMI.
Sorry about another monoprice link but when it comes to this stuff it is my 1 stop shop.
MonicaJae's Avatar MonicaJae 05:40 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryzero View Post

What what? For the 60"?
oh no my bad: 55"
wattheF's Avatar wattheF 05:40 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskins View Post

HD Guru awards the TC-P65ST60 5 stars their highest rating

http://hdguru.com/panasonic-tc-p65st60-plasma-hdtv-review/

Wow! what a great review.

I am now 99.9999% sold on the 60'' ST60.

Just need to actually look at it in store (and test hockey) before I commit. None of the stores in the area have it in stock yet.
wattheF's Avatar wattheF 06:04 PM 04-23-2013
Any opinions on how the Squaretrade Warranties are? Only thing is I need accidental screen protection with 2 little ones around I can't take a chance of getting another TV broken from a flying toy! eek.gif

Anyone know of a warranty plan that you can also get accidental screen protection on?
biggweeziehd's Avatar biggweeziehd 06:10 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Just need to actually look at it in store (and test hockey) before I commit. None of the stores in the area have it in stock yet.

Its Pretty ugly in a store. Have some HD on a thumb drive and get a remote from the staff
wattheF's Avatar wattheF 06:20 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

Its Pretty ugly in a store. Have some HD on a thumb drive and get a remote from the staff

yeah plasma's are not served well in those bright conditions.

I mostly just want to make 100% sure the ABL function is smooth and stable and hockey has zero brightness fluctuations.
Blu_One's Avatar Blu_One 06:27 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:

I'm watching hockey right now on the 65ST60 and it looks amazing (looks better with CNET settings since those are 'brighter' than D-Nice's I find). I've watched four games since last Friday. I've had 3 LCD/LEDs before this plasma and I honestly can barely see a difference, this plasma is bright enough (at home), it actually looks better on this ! 😎
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 06:33 PM 04-23-2013
So, we keep reading these reviews about all these measurements of blacks like 0.0000163.3333.111 pcccfcdf adam lamberts taco bells pepperoni pizza levels. Well here is what that means in lament terms biggrin.gif

wattheF's Avatar wattheF 06:45 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

I'm watching hockey right now on the 65ST60 and it looks amazing (looks better with CNET settings since those are 'brighter' than D-Nice's I find). I've watched four games since last Friday. I've had 3 LCD/LEDs before this plasma and I honestly can barely see a difference, this plasma is bright enough (at home), it actually looks better on this ! 😎

Thanks! Yeah I never understood why some people thought hockey looked so bad with plasma. To me everything just looks more natural with plasma including hockey (when properly adjusted of course).

That extra brightness is definitely not a bad thing though. wink.gif
noobhere's Avatar noobhere 06:49 PM 04-23-2013
http://www.abt.com/product/67592/Panasonic-TCP60ST60.html

Apply code "insure" to subtract $40 and it comes out to $1447. Free shipping and no tax in most states. Best deal I've found so far.
cadett's Avatar cadett 06:56 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

So, we keep reading these reviews about all these measurements of blacks like 0.0000163.3333.111 pcccfcdf adam lamberts taco bells pepperoni pizza levels. Well here is what that means in lament terms biggrin.gif

It means that black you see in your pics is dark as s*** son!

blackdemongsx's Avatar blackdemongsx 07:04 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Inspect it thoroughly with a flashlight before turning it on. After its on look for screen uniformity issues and turn up the volume and listen for buzzing.
is the flashlight test really necessary. I mean ive had my tv for about a week and 3 days and the screen looks fine on and off. Will the tv end up cracking over time if it has a small hairline crack. I got the BBY 2yr warranty since it covers screen burn in but i might end up getting square trade warranty also so it will cover physical damage. kinda like double wrapping it just to be Xtra safe haha
wattheF's Avatar wattheF 07:10 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdemongsx View Post

is the flashlight test really necessary. I mean ive had my tv for about a week and 3 days and the screen looks fine on and off. Will the tv end up cracking over time if it has a small hairline crack. I got the BBY 2yr warranty since it covers screen burn in but i might end up getting square trade warranty also so it will cover physical damage. kinda like double wrapping it just to be Xtra safe haha

Does the square trade cover physical damage as in accidental damage? I just read the fine print it I don't think it does. Actually there isn't really any fine print info avail on the site that I could find.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 07:26 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdemongsx View Post

If you havent noticed anything yet then I wouldnt be concerned. Especially with a good warranty.
wattheF's Avatar wattheF 08:11 PM 04-23-2013
Looks like its safe to say the ST60 beats out the flagship Samsung F8500 in black level AND contrast ratio...and at about half the price!
03gmarq's Avatar 03gmarq 08:14 PM 04-23-2013
I'm new to the site. Just got my 60ST60 and love it so far. One question I had.. How do i shut the tv speakers off so I can use my sound bar exclusively? Played with all the sound settings and cant find it
RodChester's Avatar RodChester 08:16 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gmarq View Post

I'm new to the site. Just got my 60ST60 and love it so far. One question I had.. How do i shut the tv speakers off so I can use my sound bar exclusively? Played with all the sound settings and cant find it

Can't you just turn the volume on the tv down all the way?
scientifix's Avatar scientifix 08:18 PM 04-23-2013
I have been crouching to pounce on the 65ST60, to upgrade my 9 yr Panny plasma, but was thinking of doing it only when its price hits 2k. But with the currently attractive and tempting pricing on the 60ST60 I am beginning to wonder if I should get that one instead and start enjoying it NOW smile.gif Does anyone know if the 65ST50 hit 2K or less at any point in time at all in any of the mainstream B & M or online stores and if it did how long after the introduction was that? Asking this just to get an idea of the chances of the 65ST60 hitting 2K in the near future ... The wait is killing me ...
blackdemongsx's Avatar blackdemongsx 08:20 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

If you havent noticed anything yet then I wouldnt be concerned. Especially with a good warranty.
so pretty much avoid doing this and ill be okay haha
http://youtu.be/TncGrpYVBpA
03gmarq's Avatar 03gmarq 08:26 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post

Can't you just turn the volume on the tv down all the way?
Yes, but if I program the sound bar to accept the tv remotes volume then it adjusts both the tv and the sound bar. I was hoping to use just the tv remote to control the sound bar volume and not the tv volume
trp3383's Avatar trp3383 08:26 PM 04-23-2013
What does 1080p pixel direct do? And why does everyone say to disable it? Thanks
Moonchilde's Avatar Moonchilde 08:28 PM 04-23-2013
1080p direct is fine if you set the HDMI content manually to photos. Otherwise, you get a bunch of halos around every edge.
trp3383's Avatar trp3383 08:32 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchilde View Post

1080p direct is fine if you set the HDMI content manually to photos. Otherwise, you get a bunch of halos around every edge.
thanks
Latinoheat's Avatar Latinoheat 08:33 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gmarq View Post

Yes, but if I program the sound bar to accept the tv remotes volume then it adjusts both the tv and the sound bar. I was hoping to use just the tv remote to control the sound bar volume and not the tv volume

On 2012 models you go to Setup-Viera link settings - default speakers - and choose THEATER. I'm not sure if its the same for 2013
biggweeziehd's Avatar biggweeziehd 08:33 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:

yeah plasma's are not served well in those bright conditions.

I mostly just want to make 100% sure the ABL function is smooth and stable and hockey has zero brightness fluctuations.

I Don't believe there is one post on this thread about brightness fluctuations. And I have watched hockey as a test even though it does not interest me. And it looks great really bright for a plasma.
cotoor's Avatar cotoor 08:38 PM 04-23-2013
Anyone have sound/audio settings that they find works well for them? Perchance the Panasonic SC-BTT190 Blu Ray player as well?
wattheF's Avatar wattheF 08:46 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:

I Don't believe there is one post on this thread about brightness fluctuations. And I have watched hockey as a test even though it does not interest me. And it looks great really bright for a plasma.

Thanks. Yeah all good stuff. I haven't seen any mentions either so I am really not worried about it. Panny's always have good ABL function.

I went through fluctuating brightness issues with Samsung plasma's (and many people never even could see the issue) with hockey so I just need to test and confirm it with my own eyes.
biggweeziehd's Avatar biggweeziehd 08:55 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:

Thanks. Yeah all good stuff. I haven't seen any mentions either so I am really not worried about it. Panny's always have good ABL function.

I went through fluctuating brightness issues with Samsung plasma's (and many people never even could see the issue) with hockey so I just need to test and confirm it with my own eyes.

Yeah I skimmed the f8500 thread ail seems its still a prob
wattheF's Avatar wattheF 08:58 PM 04-23-2013
Quote:

Yeah I skimmed the f8500 thread ail seems its still a prob

Indeed, that's why I ruled out the 8500 a while ago. Its crazy to me that Samsung still hasn't worked out this issue after 3 years.
Tags: Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
First ... 79  80  81 82  83  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop