Forum Jump: 

post #2881 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV4Sooner View Post

Anyone have any suggestions for optimal 3D settings?

Some seem to be saying that turning on motion smoothing helps with crosstalk? IS 96 Hz really the best setting?

Panel brightness.....low, med, or high? I keep it low for normal viewing, but high seems to help with brightness while watching 3D content.

Any other tips?

Yeah for a 3D movie with lots of dark scenes, using panel brightness at HIGH can help, but MED is preferable.
You can also try using a higher value in AGC, also try color temp at normal, and of course use contrast at 100.
TV4Sooner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Medaglia View Post

Apologies for asking again, but has anybody ordered a large TV from Amazon? If so, would you care to share your experiences (delivery, unpacking, returns, etc)? I want to purchase the 65ST60 at Best Buy but they still do not even list it on their website...

My recent Amazon story though not concluded yet - it is a Panny 55ST60:

This gets too long winded, so here is a synopsis: So far, excellent treatment on the return but it is not fully completed yet. In a nutshell: Amazon has been super so far; Pilot and RAC shippers have been a little spotty. But I live WAY OUT THERE, so both shippers have some valid excuses. First Choice Transport's guy was outstanding.

Details for anyone willing to wade through specifics:

For original delivery, Amazon had Pilot "try" to ship it. Package got stuck in Denver; Amazon responded to my email pronto (in just a couple hours) and got the shipment "unstuck" and delivered the next day in a sublet from Pilot to First Choice Shipping. Amazon's guy was super polite and gave me a $50 store credit due to delays without me asking for anything other than getting the shipment moving again.

First Choice guy said the box was really beat - holes on both sides and the bottom of the carton was really tore up. He said he expected the screen to be shattered. Foam support under the screen at one end was cracked in two. However, not so much as a mark anywhere on the unit. Powering on the first time took a long time though it was a warm day... I wondered if it was normal. In usage for two weeks, I learned this delayed turn on was NOT normal... this was a portent.

Amazon could not do white glove delivery out in the sticks where I was, so the shipper was only authorized to get the box in the house, no more. However, First Choice guy was super nice USMC veteran and helped me get the pedestal together and the panel up on my TV stand. It was late afternoon and he had to drive all the way to Durango, CO next. Yet he didn't rush a thing. I tipped accordingly.

After about 10 days, the panel developed a fault where sometimes powering it on would get the LED power light to come on, but picture would not. Turn it off and back on, back to normal. Maybe happens 1 in 30 power cycles or about once a week?? Contacted Amazon about return explaining intermittent fault and my concerns for the long term. They responded super fast to my return email on a Saturday with no guff at all. Immediately told me that return shipping is on them due to defect. Apologized for rough delivery and defect. Super polite, eager to please. Treated me like a customer; like they value my business. eek.gif I mean, how often does any of us see THAT any more?? Pleasantly surprised.

In my non-technical opinion, the rough handling during original shipment is probably why the TV has a fault. I don't think it was any error by the Panasonic build. The handhold at one end of the carton was torn out, so I think maybe that end was dropped. I find it amazing the carton wasn't full of broken glass. Is dropping it the reason it has ZERO buzz? wink.gif If so, it's probably not recommended.

It is taking too long to get it picked up but that is partially because I live way out in the mountains/boonies - and because RAC was the transport subletted by Pilot for pick up. RAC has caused 2 weeks of delays on a different large package to this location before. RAC will supposedly pick the unit up this Monday and allegedly won't leave me waiting all day again and then NO SHOW without at least calling. That will be 6 working days after return was executed by Amazon.

One caveat: It is my understanding that as of November 2012, Amazon changed their return policy. If a person returns a TV because they just don't like it versus because of a defect, Amazon will not pay return shipping. The risk in this as I see it: Since initial purchase was "free shipping", return shipping could be any scary number someone might care to dream up. Where I live? Could be 300 or 400 clams or worse. I don't know.

Trying a 65PS64 as replacement. It should be here Tuesday. Planning to post my comparative subjective observations probably in the S60 thread. No equipment and not a lot of AVS knowledge, so I won't be posting numbers or anything.
post #2883 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

I wonder if its the feed or 3d movie rather than the TV... I'll test some when and if I ever get my tv
I am actually going from very satisfied to disappointed.
post #2884 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 PM

Liked: 15
Got my 60ST60 and hooked up my HTPC (using intel i3 audio/video). When I watch Sting Live in Berlin, the sound is not in sync and the video is jerky. I don't this problem with UP. Haven't tried any other movies yet.

Pioneer A/V HDMI out ---> Panny HDMI 1 in. Any idea what could be the issues? Thank you.

Edit: this happens on all concert blu-rays. Play a little clip of Schindler's List BR and there's a slight delay in audio/video.
post #2885 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Putting 3D into TV sets must be very cheap. As for how long an ignored feature can last in a home entertainment device, just think about composite connections. wink.gif

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2886 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 02:19 PM

Liked: 12
I've been using my P60ST60 for around a week now. Overall I'm thrilled with it. However, there is one issue that's really starting to bug me.

I often notice a green flicker appearing between quick-moving scenes, especially when there are bright/white objects on screen. It's perhaps most consistently noticeable when there are bright white subtitles on dark backgrounds. The flicker is only there for a split-second but is just big enough/long enough to be annoying. Nothing I've tweaked in the settings has seemed to make a difference.

Is this normal and possibly just the nature of the wearing-in process, or should I ask for a replacement from Best Buy? This is my first plasma, so I'm not such what's expected behavior.

Thanks for any advice!
post #2887 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey I asked this before but I didn't really get an answer so I'll ask again! =)

I am considering selling my GT50 and purchasing an ST60 (will have to pay 100-150 out of pocket). Does the ST60 suffer from DSE and/or banding? My GT50 screen isn't really uniform on solid screens and during fast moving scenes/retro 2d content I can see two faint vertical bands of light on both sides. Was wondering if the ST60 suffered from either of these issues. Please let me know!
post #2888 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan134 View Post

I am considering selling my GT50 and purchasing an ST60 (will have to pay 100-150 out of pocket). Does the ST60 suffer from DSE and/or banding? My GT50 screen isn't really uniform on solid screens and during fast moving scenes/retro 2d content I can see two faint vertical bands of light on both sides. Was wondering if the ST60 suffered from either of these issues. Please let me know!

My 50st60 doesnt suffer from either.
post #2889 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMueller10 View Post

My 50st60 doesnt suffer from either.

Likewise I have not noticed any sort uniformity issues running slides/or watching content

EMP E55ti | EMP E56ci | Polk T15's for surround duty | Ultimax 15" Sub | Integra 40.2 | Rotel 976 | Panasonic 60ST60
post #2890 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Some people like it, there are certainly 3D movies coming out to theaters on a regular basis. I would say it is here to stay as 3D is basically just about free now......

Agreed, I think people would be surprised once they get out of the small niche of this forum and the likes that 3D is at least semi popular. If it was a total bust no one would go and see a movie in 3D and the TV manufacturers would make high end options without 3D. Sicne its basically "free" at this point, not sure what the rub is. If you dont like 3D vote with your wallet, if enough people band together it will die, but I dont think youll find enough people with the like mindset to get it done. I rememebr when people thought Blu-ray and HD was a "gimmick", now we are hearing the same thing about 4K.....Its a never ending cycle of people trying to fight change wink.gif
post #2891 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Agreed, I think people would be surprised once they get out of the small niche of this forum and the likes that 3D is at least semi popular. If it was a total bust no one would go and see a movie in 3D and the TV manufacturers would make high end options without 3D. Sicne its basically "free" at this point, not sure what the rub is. If you dont like 3D vote with your wallet, if enough people band together it will die, but I dont think youll find enough people with the like mindset to get it done. I rememebr when people thought Blu-ray and HD was a "gimmick", now we are hearing the same thing about 4K.....Its a never ending cycle of people trying to fight change wink.gif

Voting with your wallet isnt an option if you want the best picture quality. All of the sets with good PQ come standard with 3D. So in the real world its tough to tell if people are getting a tv for 3D or PQ if you are trying to figure it out based on sales alone.
post #2892 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee View Post

My ST60 won't arrive for 2 weeks, but I keep motion smoothing turned on on my current Samsung plasma. The people who don't like smoothing are those who want their TVs to resemble movies in theaters, where objects jerk along at 24 frames per second. But I prefer real life, where objects move continuously.

I'd say it's more that we don't like motion smoothing applied to films that were not meant to be seen like that. I did not mind the high frame rate of The Hobbit, I just don't like the way built in software takes a feed and on the fly starts removing motion blur from it, it looks far more artificial than 24fps.

Anyway, my 60ST60 was delivered on Thursday from ABT. The carrier called me up the day before delivery to pencil in a delivery window, and called again the day of delivery to give me a heads up. Box didn't have a mark on it. I got it on the wall that evening and I've been doing a slide/content mix since.

Since I am still breaking it in I haven't done a very through calibration but out of the box I am pretty pleased. I don't know the terminology for it, but I have noticed that if I get too close to the set I can see what I would best describe as noise in the darks/blacks. I can only see it from an unreasonably close distance but it is there none the less. At the moment I am assuming this is just something that happens during the break in process until the phosphors calm down a bit. I am coming from a Samsung 50" PN50B550T2F Plasma and I do not remember seeing this noise in the blacks during the break in period, but it has been a number of years and being a smaller set they may not have been as noticeable.

Despite the common belief here that no one would get a plasma for 3D, it was one of my reasons for the upgrade. I have not had a chance to really test it thoroughly but after throwing in Prometheus 3D at 2 in the morning and playing with the settings my impression of the 3D only got better as I went along. I think once I figure out the best combinations and have the set broken in and calibrated proper then the 3D can be as great as I had hoped. So I am optimistic about the 3D. I am also running the 3D from my PS3, which goes into an Onkyo receiver that as far as I know isn't even 3D compatible, then goes to my TV set, so I am wondering if doing a direct line would help with any issues that may be arising because of that.

I wasn't very enthused about the chrome boarder when I saw it at BB, but at home it isn't any more or less distracting than the clear edge on my Samsung. With my lighting, the chrome and the clear edge look nearly identical. I'm more of a fan of the edge-to-edge glass look, but as far as frames go it really won't be much of an issue for me. What I most certainly DO NOT like about the Panny VS my Sammy is that when the set is on, the ST60 has a red LED indicating that it is turned on. Samsung had it right, where when the set is off, the red LED indicates that the set is off. I might hole-punch a piece of black electrical tape or chrome tape and place it over the LED.

I have not noticed any buzzing, but I live in Texas, so if I don't have a fan or AC on then I've got other things to worry about besides a slight buzz.

The dark band on the right side of the set is really hard to see, so much so that I almost feel like I've convinced myself it is there rather than actually witnessing it.

Anyway, those are my initial impressions. Other than maybe 20 minutes of Prometheus, I've only watched cable, which in my area was never that sharp to begin with, but I hope to get some Blu-Ray viewing in this weekend.
post #2893 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 04:04 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingChicken View Post

What I most certainly DO NOT like about the Panny VS my Sammy is that when the set is on, the ST60 has a red LED indicating that it is turned on. Samsung had it right, where when the set is off, the red LED indicates that the set is off. I might hole-punch a piece of black electrical tape or chrome tape and place it over the LED.

LOL, funny you say that. That is exactly what I did. I know it is a small light, but when viewing TV in a dark room... the red light was very distracting.

I have actually done this to a lot of my audio/video equipment. One thing I hate is staring at little lights while watching TV!!

There is no TV too BIG, only rooms too small
post #2894 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:

If you have vertical bands of light than you have a bad panel, the GT50 does not have this problem. Mine is 100% uniform. I would suggest replacing it if you got extended warranty and than you will most likely be upgraded to this years VT.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #2895 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermandlb View Post

LOL, funny you say that. That is exactly what I did. I know it is a small light, but when viewing TV in a dark room... the red light was very distracting.

I have actually done this to a lot of my audio/video equipment. One thing I hate is staring at little lights while watching TV!!

You guys are too funny, reminds me of a friends dad that fixes everything with duct tape.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #2896 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

If you have vertical bands of light than you have a bad panel, the GT50 does not have this problem. Mine is 100% uniform. I would suggest replacing it if you got extended warranty and than you will most likely be upgraded to this years VT.

I don't have the extended warrant but I definitely bought it under a year ago and still have the receipt. Why would the upgrade it to this year's VT? Isn't that costly? Would they actually replace it for me? I don't have much experience with Panasonic customer support.
post #2897 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 PM

Liked: 38
Just brought home and set up my 60" ST60. I honestly could not be happier with the picture quality. It is stunning. Almost decided to go with the VT60 at the very last minute (Video Only was going to give me a really sweet deal)... But I'm glad I stuck to my guns and went with the ST60. Saved me $1000, and once the ST60 was in my house (and not right next to the VT60) the aesthetics and picture quality look absolutely amazing. Such a big upgrade from my 50" Samsung C8000, and I thought THAT had spectacular PQ. Have yet to mess around with the apps and seeing how bad the gaming lag is, but at this point I don't care. Best TV anyone could ask for for $1499. Anyone having hesitations on the ST60 should rest easy. It's an amazing TV.
77Rivers likes this.
post #2898 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejer View Post

I've been using my P60ST60 for around a week now. Overall I'm thrilled with it. However, there is one issue that's really starting to bug me.

I often notice a green flicker appearing between quick-moving scenes, especially when there are bright/white objects on screen. It's perhaps most consistently noticeable when there are bright white subtitles on dark backgrounds. The flicker is only there for a split-second but is just big enough/long enough to be annoying. Nothing I've tweaked in the settings has seemed to make a difference.

Is this normal and possibly just the nature of the wearing-in process, or should I ask for a replacement from Best Buy? This is my first plasma, so I'm not such what's expected behavior.

Thanks for any advice!

Those are plasma rainbows or "plainbows" or rainbow effect (RBE). If you really want to see them, pop in Sin City or any extremely high contrast B/W content. Now that you've noticed them, you may start noticing them more and more. It was bad enough for me that I traded down to an S60 in hopes that what some people said about last year's U50 model would apply, but the S60 was just as bad as the ST60 about RBE. So I'm back with the ST60 and hoping that the RBE diminishes in the next few weeks during my return period.
post #2899 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

You guys are too funny, reminds me of a friends dad that fixes everything with duct tape.

If it moves but it shouldn't, duct tape.

If it doesn't move but it should , WD-40.
post #2900 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawfish View Post

Those are plasma rainbows or "plainbows" or rainbow effect (RBE). If you really want to see them, pop in Sin City or any extremely high contrast B/W content. Now that you've noticed them, you may start noticing them more and more. It was bad enough for me that I traded down to an S60 in hopes that what some people said about last year's U50 model would apply, but the S60 was just as bad as the ST60 about RBE. So I'm back with the ST60 and hoping that the RBE diminishes in the next few weeks during my return period.

I've only noticed it with my lower quality streaming videos I have and DirecTV content.

haven't noticed it on any of my blu rays

EMP E55ti | EMP E56ci | Polk T15's for surround duty | Ultimax 15" Sub | Integra 40.2 | Rotel 976 | Panasonic 60ST60
post #2901 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 06:19 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

Just brought home and set up my 60" ST60. I honestly could not be happier with the picture quality. It is stunning. Almost decided to go with the VT60 at the very last minute (Video Only was going to give me a really sweet deal)... But I'm glad I stuck to my guns and went with the ST60. Saved me $1000, and once the ST60 was in my house (and not right next to the VT60) the aesthetics and picture quality look absolutely amazing. Such a big upgrade from my 50" Samsung C8000, and I thought THAT had spectacular PQ. Have yet to mess around with the apps and seeing how bad the gaming lag is, but at this point I don't care. Best TV anyone could ask for for $1499. Anyone having hesitations on the ST60 should rest easy. It's an amazing TV.

Lemme know how the gaming experience is for you when you get around to it.

post #2902 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195 View Post

I've only noticed it with my lower quality streaming videos I have and DirecTV content.

haven't noticed it on any of my blu rays

Don't go looking for it then. smile.gif
post #2903 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 PM

Popped in the Anthony Hopkins Hitchcock Blu-Ray and the picture looks amazing. I was getting what felt like some ever so slight motion smoothing and running in Game Mode, making sure Motion Smoothing was off and rotating through the 24p Direct In settings wasn't doing much, but I went into the settings in my Blu-Ray player and switched it from 24Hz to 60Hz and that seems to have cleared it up, or at least made it more tolerable.

The Samsung was a bit more simpler, lol.
post #2904 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggindude View Post

Got my 60ST60 and hooked up my HTPC (using intel i3 audio/video). When I watch Sting Live in Berlin, the sound is not in sync and the video is jerky. I don't this problem with UP. Haven't tried any other movies yet.

Pioneer A/V HDMI out ---> Panny HDMI 1 in. Any idea what could be the issues? Thank you.

Edit: this happens on all concert blu-rays. Play a little clip of Schindler's List BR and there's a slight delay in audio/video.

I've never seen an HDTV that doesn't have an audio delay when using a receiver, it's the video processing in the TV. The TV compensates for the delay when using the internal speakers. You need to adjust the delay with the receiver. If your receiver doesn't have an audio delay adjust there's nothing you can do, unless your PC has one.
post #2905 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 07:00 PM

Liked: 11
I was able to put more quality time in with my ST60 this weekend. I LOVE this TV. Picture quality is absolutely STUNNING (I'm using D-Nice's settings). I have no issues with IR or buzzing. Even glare is a non-issue as I was watching this afternoon with all the blinds open, and it didn't bother me at all.

I could not be happier with this TV, and would absoultely recommend it without hesitation.
post #2906 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post

Lemme know how the gaming experience is for you when you get around to it.
Will do. I just want to throw in that I just can't get over how black the blacks are. We have company over right now, so we are watching some movies. When the screen goes black (in opening credits), it literally looks like the screen is off, with white text. Tomorrow I'll hook up my PC and play some Borderlands 2 or something and let you know my opinion on how noticeable the lag is.
post #2907 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 PM

I swear this has already been asked and answered but I am having trouble finding it... Is there a menu that displays TV usage hours, and how do I access it?
post #2908 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingChicken View Post

I swear this has already been asked and answered but I am having trouble finding it... Is there a menu that displays TV usage hours, and how do I access it?
I've wondered this as well, my computer monitor has one.

my NADs are new
post #2909 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 08:01 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermandlb View Post

So true. I came from a Samsung plasma and it took me a few days to get used to the red light being off and meaning that the TV was not on. Every other component I own has a red light on display when off. The PS3, the Wii, the receiver, etc.
post #2910 of 12909 Old 04-27-2013, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMichael View Post

My recent Amazon story though not concluded yet - it is a Panny 55ST60:

This gets too long winded, so here is a synopsis: So far, excellent treatment on the return but it is not fully completed yet. In a nutshell: Amazon has been super so far; Pilot and RAC shippers have been a little spotty. But I live WAY OUT THERE, so both shippers have some valid excuses. First Choice Transport's guy was outstanding.

Details for anyone willing to wade through specifics:

For original delivery, Amazon had Pilot "try" to ship it. Package got stuck in Denver; Amazon responded to my email pronto (in just a couple hours) and got the shipment "unstuck" and delivered the next day in a sublet from Pilot to First Choice Shipping. Amazon's guy was super polite and gave me a $50 store credit due to delays without me asking for anything other than getting the shipment moving again.

First Choice guy said the box was really beat - holes on both sides and the bottom of the carton was really tore up. He said he expected the screen to be shattered. Foam support under the screen at one end was cracked in two. However, not so much as a mark anywhere on the unit. Powering on the first time took a long time though it was a warm day... I wondered if it was normal. In usage for two weeks, I learned this delayed turn on was NOT normal... this was a portent.

Amazon could not do white glove delivery out in the sticks where I was, so the shipper was only authorized to get the box in the house, no more. However, First Choice guy was super nice USMC veteran and helped me get the pedestal together and the panel up on my TV stand. It was late afternoon and he had to drive all the way to Durango, CO next. Yet he didn't rush a thing. I tipped accordingly.

After about 10 days, the panel developed a fault where sometimes powering it on would get the LED power light to come on, but picture would not. Turn it off and back on, back to normal. Maybe happens 1 in 30 power cycles or about once a week?? Contacted Amazon about return explaining intermittent fault and my concerns for the long term. They responded super fast to my return email on a Saturday with no guff at all. Immediately told me that return shipping is on them due to defect. Apologized for rough delivery and defect. Super polite, eager to please. Treated me like a customer; like they value my business. eek.gif I mean, how often does any of us see THAT any more?? Pleasantly surprised.

In my non-technical opinion, the rough handling during original shipment is probably why the TV has a fault. I don't think it was any error by the Panasonic build. The handhold at one end of the carton was torn out, so I think maybe that end was dropped. I find it amazing the carton wasn't full of broken glass. Is dropping it the reason it has ZERO buzz? wink.gif If so, it's probably not recommended.

It is taking too long to get it picked up but that is partially because I live way out in the mountains/boonies - and because RAC was the transport subletted by Pilot for pick up. RAC has caused 2 weeks of delays on a different large package to this location before. RAC will supposedly pick the unit up this Monday and allegedly won't leave me waiting all day again and then NO SHOW without at least calling. That will be 6 working days after return was executed by Amazon.

One caveat: It is my understanding that as of November 2012, Amazon changed their return policy. If a person returns a TV because they just don't like it versus because of a defect, Amazon will not pay return shipping. The risk in this as I see it: Since initial purchase was "free shipping", return shipping could be any scary number someone might care to dream up. Where I live? Could be 300 or 400 clams or worse. I don't know.

Trying a 65PS64 as replacement. It should be here Tuesday. Planning to post my comparative subjective observations probably in the S60 thread. No equipment and not a lot of AVS knowledge, so I won't be posting numbers or anything.

Thanks for the detailed answer! I appreciate the feedback. As usual, sounds like Amazon's costumer service is first rate. I live in a mayor city, so hopefully the delivery itself should be a little smoother. Thanks again, and good luck with your new S64!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Sony Bravia Xbr52hx909 52 Lcd Tv Direct Led
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page