is it time to switch out my tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My extended warranty on my Samsung PN50c7000 is expiring, and I want to see if I should renew it for 200 bucks or get a brand new tv. I have had 2 in-warranty repairs in the last 6 months, one with 3D not working. Second was the tv not responding to remote. Right now I have no issues, other than my tv goes blank whenever there is a resolution change. I have my pc connected to my tv, and when I watch a video file, it goes black when the video loads, then another blank when I turn it full screen, and a third blank when I close it or minimize it. I don't know how much I will get for this tv, but all the internal parts were replaced in the last repair. Can I sell it as refurbished?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 40
First, I would keep it until it breaks again, and then shop for a non-Samsung display (it should have lasted many years). Second, you should have the delivery people haul it away for free when they deliver a new one, or donate it. IMO, it's dishonest to sell it (not that you would get that much for it), knowing it has had so many problems. Anybody who buys it and has a problem within a few months will be coming after you pretty upset! IMO, it's not worth the potential hassle. Wouldn't you be upset if you bought something that broke within a few months?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page