Plasma break in question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm getting my vt50 (55") this week and I was wondering if I can put it in my other room and run the slides for the full 100 hours w/o turning it off?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Arnold View Post

I'm getting my vt50 (55") this week and I was wondering if I can put it in my other room and run the slides for the full 100 hours w/o turning it off?

Yes. Doesn't hurt a thing.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Yep, that's the quickest way to get through the 100 hours and doesn't hurt anything. Just make sure the slide show is running properly (check on it a couple times) and you're good to go.

I couldn't wait personally, so I'm just running the slides while at work, doing other stuff at home and while asleep so I can still enjoy it in the mean time (just sticking to full screen content and limiting static logos etc. until done with the 100 hours). Should hit the mark this weekend sometime.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the replies!
I'm replacing a 1080i Sony (55") which did a good job while it lasted. I can't wait to see the difference.
Will the THX mode be good enough for a while? I'm not sure about spending the money for Best Buy to calibrate and I don't know where else to look in the DFW area yet.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Arnold View Post

Thanks for the replies!
I'm replacing a 1080i Sony (55") which did a good job while it lasted. I can't wait to see the difference.
Will the THX mode be good enough for a while? I'm not sure about spending the money for Best Buy to calibrate and I don't know where else to look in the DFW area yet.

does BB do good calibrations, I heard they are awful.
Also, if you go that route, if you are a silver BB card member, I am pretty sure you get a free calibration
post #6 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
There are some custom settings posted in threads here you could give a go and see if you like them better than the various default options.

Another option is to get a calibration disc like the Disney WoW one or Digital Video Essentials and use it to calibrate yourself.

Not going to get near a professional calibration result of course, but I've always found it good enough. But I wouldn't call myself a videophile either.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page