Budget (non-smart) 60" Plasma with filter? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on a P55ST50. However, I'd really like to get a 60" display for around the same price. The trouble is, I just don't think I can live without the filter. Our current 42" Samsung plasma is filtered and does OK on Sunday afternoons for football.

I've been doing research and realize that my answer is probably no. However, I'll reach out here. Is there a 60" plasma with anti-glare and a PQ that comes close to the ST50 series for around $1200? I don't need "smart" features.

IMHO, It's just stupid to build those features into the most expensive device that you (hopefully) replace least often. Especially when you have tons of cheap/disposable/upgradable components that do the same thing. rolleyes.gif I have an XBOX, PC and a DirecTV Reciever connected that already give me Pandora/YouTube etc...I'm sure 75% of their customers have at least one of those too!

Honestly, the best approach is do one thing and do it well! But I guess it's just another "value added" marketing gimmick...Just frustrates me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolakian View Post

I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on a P55ST50. However, I'd really like to get a 60" display for around the same price. The trouble is, I just don't think I can live without the filter. Our current 42" Samsung plasma is filtered and does OK on Sunday afternoons for football.

I've been doing research and realize that my answer is probably no. However, I'll reach out here. Is there a 60" plasma with anti-glare and a PQ that comes close to the ST50 series for around $1200? I don't need "smart" features.

The new 2013 TC-P60S60 is reported to debut at an initial list price of $1,299. Since this is an "S" model and not a "U" model, it's possible that it will have some sort of Anti-Reflective Filter (like the previous S1 and S2 models). All of the past models that did not have an AR Filter were either "U" or "UT" or "C" models. "S" models have always had filters. I've been looking but so far i haven't seen any mention of the filters on the new 2013 S or ST models but i am presuming they'll have a filter. The Panasonic Insider alluded to all new filters on the 2013 lineup a few months ago but i haven't seen much discussion about it since, except for on the flagship models.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P60S60

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page