Samsung E6500 Buzz - how bad is it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm thinking of exchanging my Panasoinc 60ST50 for a PN60E6500 - becuz of IR mostly, and a touch of DSE - oh and its about $400 cheaper at the moment

I just wonder if ill be trading in one annoyance for another. I'll be sitting about 9ft away - and usually have the sound somewhat quiet (i live in an apartment). Is the "infamous" buzz on Samsung displays more of a rare occurance? Say 1 out of 5 or 10? or is a toss up?

I'm kind of tired of babysitting this ST50 in terms of IR, an hours worth of solid logo takes a good 3-4+ of noise/scrolling bar/slides to get rid of. Right now it only shows up under solid color slides, but i dredd to think what would happen if i left the logo on for 2hrs a day for a week. (has about 250hrs on it so far)

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Toss-up. If buying locally, bring in a USB stick with test slides and ask if you can test individual units in the warehouse or in some other quiet setting. You can also check for uniformity issues while you're at it.

post #3 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

I just wonder if ill be trading in one annoyance for another. I'll be sitting about 9ft away - and usually have the sound somewhat quiet (i live in an apartment). Is the "infamous" buzz on Samsung displays more of a rare occurance? Say 1 out of 5 or 10? or is a toss up?
Thanks

I've had 2 Samsungs now, a PN58B650 and now a PN60E550. Neither one had/has a buzz and the B650 was supposed to be the worst of them all?

One thing also that I always got a kick out of since you are having IR problems;

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57449881-221/samsung-plasma-wins-cnets-accidental-burn-in-test/

Both are great TV's. The screen of my B650 was broken (bad dog story) and my penny-pinching wife got right on Amazon and bought the E550 after reading some reviews. That alone speaks volumes. smile.gif
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page