Panasonic TC-P50ST60 or Panasonic TC-P50ST50 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Should I wait until March for the TC-P50ST60?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As most of you already know, Panasonic announced their 2013 lineup at CES the other day. As far as I can tell based on the specs and articles being shared, the only upgrades to the Panasonic Viera TC-P50ST60 (http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P50ST60)appear to be to the Viera Connect software and not to the hardware. First off, can someone confirm that this is in fact true? Secondly, if it is true, is there any reason for someone primarily concerned with picture quality over "smart" functionality to sit tight and wait until March to spend an additional $300 on the ST60 instead of just getting the ST50 this week? Would appreciate the incite!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 02:21 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghellz View Post

As most of you already know, Panasonic announced their 2013 lineup at CES the other day. As far as I can tell based on the specs and articles being shared, the only upgrades to the Panasonic Viera TC-P50ST60 (http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P50ST60)appear to be to the Viera Connect software and not to the hardware. First off, can someone confirm that this is in fact true? Secondly, if it is true, is there any reason for someone primarily concerned with picture quality over "smart" functionality to sit tight and wait until March to spend an additional $300 on the ST60 instead of just getting the ST50 this week? Would appreciate the incite!

Someone said in another thread they are using the same panel as they did in 2012 for their 2013s. Only the ZT will have a different panel.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Liked: 10
What I really want to know is will the st60 have the chintzy clear plastic trim on it? I can't tell by the early photos i've found.

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv