Is it my Plasma? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good morning! I recently moved into a new construction home and had the family room and theater pre-wired for surround with HDMI installed on the wall. I have a Panasonic Viera 46" 1080p plasma, Model # TC-46pz80u that worked just fine prior to mounting it on the wall yesterday.
Here's the issue. I'm using a Harman Kardon AVR-1700 with HDMI out into the wall and the HD cable box video displays with no issue. However, now my Blu-ray player video (there is audio) will not display on the television. I have a 32" LED tv that I plugged in for troubleshooting purposes and the video displayed fine. Both are 1080p so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljust View Post

Good morning! I recently moved into a new construction home and had the family room and theater pre-wired for surround with HDMI installed on the wall. I have a Panasonic Viera 46" 1080p plasma, Model # TC-46pz80u that worked just fine prior to mounting it on the wall yesterday.
Here's the issue. I'm using a Harman Kardon AVR-1700 with HDMI out into the wall and the HD cable box video displays with no issue. However, now my Blu-ray player video (there is audio) will not display on the television. I have a 32" LED tv that I plugged in for troubleshooting purposes and the video displayed fine. Both are 1080p so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Please help!

Did you plug the LED TV into the same HDMI cable where the plasma is installed?

-SiGGy
post #3 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes. I powered down everything, unplugged the HDMI cable from the plasma, plugged it into the LED, turned everything back on and it worked just fine. Upon powering on the AVR, I immediately got the "1080p" notification displayed on the television as well as the front panel on the AVR.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page