Panasonic GT50 - ARC problems with Yamaha RX-V573? Considering new AVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,
Sorry to spam (I have posted variations of this to the GT50 owner's thread and to my own thread under the AVR section of the forum -- see quote box below), but I was wondering whether anyone else has had issues with the GT50 and getting sound to run to the receiver.

I tried all ARC related connections to the new RX-V573 I bought the same day as the GT50 (65" -- so beautiful); I got return audio from TV to the AVR maybe 3 times out of 20. Totally intermittent.

I swapped out HDMI cables just to check. No dice.

I've added a toslink cable to my AVR -- STILL NO difference!

I spoke to Panasonic, who thinks that it is the AVR's fault; I spoke to Yamaha, they think it's the TV.

I'm now at the point of 1) either trying a different AVR (anyone have thoughts on Denon v. Pioneer Elite v. Onkyo) or 2) having Panasonic come out to service th TV, which is just SO SAD I can barely think about it.

Thoughts? Support? Ideas?

Anyone had similar problems with this TV? Anyone else have this configuration of TV and AVR??

Thanks so much for giving me a place to vent -- this is driving me bonkers.

Quote:
I JUST got my GT50-65 on Saturday and was logging on here because I have not been able to get a consistent ARC feed back to my (also just purchased) Yamaha RX-V573 AVR.

I have tried everything, including returning the Yamaha for a new unit because I thought the problem was there (not so, apparently). I have tried swapping out new HDMI cables, I even added the optical cable -- nothing seems to work. 9 times out of 10 I get no audio feed from TV to AVR.

I have called Panasonic this morning, they talked me through steps and got nowhere; I called Yamaha, same thing. I may hit Best Buy on way home and get a different AVR just to see if that works.

Anyone else have thoughts? It sounds like this is a running issue now with this model, but it's amazing that even with an optical cable I couldn't get an audio feed from TV to AVR. This doesn't seem like it should be complicated.

Seriously, WTF?

I too love the display, had it professionally mounted (and at 65" I can't move it around), but this is freaking ANNOYING -- so distracting to have things *not work the way they should!*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not that anyone jumped up, but the issue was resolved through the Viera Tools menu on the Panny.

All is well in heaven and on earth!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Yamaha Rx V573 Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page