SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all i have a LG 42" plasma, i tried to update the firmware i think and i put 03.15.00 on my memory card stuck it in the tv and clicked update, it got to 100% and then the tv turned off and turned back on as if it was rebooting but when it turned back on it has no picture just grey, and also i cant control the tv with the remote control or the buttons on the tv! Iv tried pulling the plug out etc and nothings happening! Can someone help? Maybe tell me how to reset it? Or downgrade the firmware or something just to get the tv back on, thanks in advance! Kriss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
42pj350 is the tv code also.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 08:24 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Sounds like either the firmware is not the correct version for your particular model, or you did something wrong while updating the firmware. Are you sure the firmware is correct for your exact model and country of origin? And you followed the instructions to the letter? There have been people here who have used firmware for a different model, or for the same basic model but from another country and have corrupted the software and effectively ruined their TV.

The only thing you can do is contact LG and see if they can have a repair man come fix your TV or at least get it working again so you can update it properly. If the TV is out of warranty maybe LG will cover the cost of the service call if the fault lies with their firmware and it's now owner-error.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page