moving this from wrong thread........................... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
will start with a huge apology if this has been asked I have scoured the forum and have found this question but not recently and as directly as I will ask.....

I am currently purchasing a tv for our daily viewing we had a 46" sony lcd that we have sacrificed to the kids in the family room for all their gaming needs : ).

I went to BB and purchased a 50" plasma , (my first plasma ever )U50 series 599. .....beuatiful pic although somewhat dark

we decided we wanted to go bigger but I am reluctant about the monthly expense of plasma to begin with.... so we purchased a 60" LED , the samsung 6000fxza also fron BB.....1099.

Although the tv is plenty big and it is more energy efficient ... I cant get used to it

I hate the pic,its so fake... and the motion seems wavy... but i like the size

I have them both still and need to make a decision....

I would like to know in all honesty, how much do the new plasma tv's actually cost per month. I know the energy sticker says $21

per year but I also know there are variables to that , including but not limited to calibration.

The BB saleperson said 20 per month.

I would love to get a 60" plasma but not if my utility bill is going to jump more than a few dollars.

So instead of relying on a gvt. sticker I would like to ask true owners of plasma tv's how much did you notice your addition of a plasma?

I buy everything energy efficient (I live in Ct. rates are high!! )This is a rough decision,so I appreciate any insight.... and again I apologize if this is a broken record question.

I would really like to end this tv quest, but not regret it every month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Take a look at this thread....Basically take the max output and use that to do a best guestimate of what it would cost you.....$20 a month is something I highly doubt unless its outrageously inefficent and you ahve the TV on 24/7........

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1320375/energy-consumption-of-new-plasmas-vs-the-old
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page