post #361 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleboyjones View Post

I dunno, thats a lot of dough to burn with the Panny options out there unless the money really doesn't matter. You can get ZT with a big extended warranty for a lot cheaper. I usually find in situations like this its basically a obsessive type purchase in your head and the easiest way to get out of it is think of what you can buy with the money saved. I mean you can have a brand new 27" iMac for the money you would save or a projector....whatever.

But that said it could be a very legit deal and the guy is a AV junkie(maybe upper middle class). He bought the Kuro when they were getting rid of them at a discount, stored it as a backup/investment because he already owns a Kuro and is now getting rid of it because the ZTs are coming out and he wants to see if he can actually get 6 grand for it(If not he might actually use it himself like he says). Makes sense, the longer time goes the worst its going to be on Kuro resales as long as Panasonic and Samsung continue to improve.

Good advice. Thank you. And you're probably right about him storing it as an investment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

Here's where the rubber hits the road. There is a brand new, still in the box, Sig. 141 for sale on eBay for $6600 as-is. Who is willing to pay that amount to own it? The ZT will probably be $4200. $2400 surcharge for the Kuro.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Elite-Kuro-Signature-Elite-Signature-PRO-141FD-60-1080p-HD-Plasma-/200897493785?pt=Televisions&hash=item2ec66c7b19

Damn it, that is so freaking tempting.

There's just something so legendary about the Kuro, can't believe it's been the reference plasma for the last 4-5 years.

Is that a last generation Kuro btw? Or did they make one after that?
post #363 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post

That's a lot of coin to drop, unless you just have money to burn. I would go Zt60 and save some money for sure.

I agree. It'll be interesting to see if saparano or one of the other guys who has stated that they would like another 141, etc. will be interested.
post #364 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed1983 View Post

There's just something so legendary about the Kuro, can't believe it's been the reference plasma for the last 4-5 years.

I think that the 500/600M is the 9.5G. This one would be 9g. It is tempting until I think that the ZT is here in 2 months. I'm also not sure what kind of support Pioneer provides now i.e. parts etc.
post #365 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
i think this guy should of put it on ebay before the ZT60 was announced.
post #366 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

You are right about that! There is something to seeing a new kuro sealed up after all this time. It at least puts the thought in your head of Can I make this happen LOL! The 101fd and the 500m are considered 9.5g panels.
post #367 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskins View Post

i think this guy should of put it on ebay before the ZT60 was announced.

Yeah it would make getting rid of it at a high price much easier if he did. Assuming he had possession of it all these years he would have been much better off trying to unload it a while ago, like before even last years Panny's were announced. Imagine trying to sell the Kuro at that price a year from now when market has ZTs being sold at discount similar to what we see with the VTs now. Its like a stock...sell sell sell.
post #368 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 PM

Liked: 19
He could have been military or a government worker on a foreign posting....
post #369 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post

You are right about that! There is something to seeing a new kuro sealed up after all this time. It at least puts the thought in your head of Can I make this happen LOL! The 101fd and the 500m are considered 9.5g panels.

lol tell me about it. It was hard enough justifying $6k even on the best kuro ever five years on, but the fact there were other kuro's after it with better quality pretty much kills that deal dead in the water.
post #370 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 PM

Liked: 48
Quote:

Hehe, hey the ST's are the bang for the buck of the series. biggrin.gif

It's a great tv...In my country Perú i can convince people to buy one (In my country all is LED...except "hopefully" Panasonic) I own a GT50...that's why i said: dream on, envy?
Greetings and it's a great pic smile.gif
post #371 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

Saprano, What is the source for the pictures above? I would like to see how they look on my VT50. I'm looking for some good demo material. Thanks.

Planet Earth. Still an amazing BD.

I like how the kuro pics ended the discussion of the Panasonic demo. We all knew it wasn't right. I don't get why companies do that. The people who you're showing the comparison to know how the actual display performes.

Edit- Ok before anybody gets on me, maby they just didn't set it up right. smile.gif

home theater addict
post #372 of 501 Old 02-17-2013, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 999
Quote:

lol tell me about it. It was hard enough justifying $6k even on the best kuro ever five years on, but the fact there were other kuro's after it with better quality pretty much kills that deal dead in the water.
Sure, but the better sets were limited to 50".
post #373 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

I sent a message to the fellow selling the new unopened box Sig 141 asking where the display has been all of these years and what stores he's referring to when he wrote they were selling them all day long at 7K. No reply in the past 12 hours. It's 9:30 AM EST where he is so I'd expect him to reply soon.

Pioneer Elite Kuro Signature Elite Signature PRO-141FD 60" 1080p HD Plasma

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Elite-Kuro-Signature-Elite-Signature-PRO-141FD-60-1080p-HD-Plasma-/200897493785?pt=Televisions&hash=item2ec66c7b19

"This a brand new never out of the box Pioneer Elite PRO-141 plasma TV. It is the best of the best! Period. This is a once in a lifetime chance to get your hands on it! This TV model TV sold for $7,000.00 all day long in our stores. If it doesn't sell I am Popping it open and using it myself. TV is Brand New never out of the box. AS-IS"
post #374 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 AM

It is pretty tempting if it is in fact pristine.... I showed the ad to my wife, she had no problem with me buying it (I originally had one of those in mind when we moved in together, she insisted our apartment at the time was too small for anything bigger than a 42", and has been listening to me complain about that missed opportunity for about 5 years now) I half jokingly asked my wife how she would feel about going with me across the border to pick it up, the stare I got in return pretty much answered that question. biggrin.gif
Glashub likes this.
post #375 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't trust ebay. My brother bought some car parts from someone on there and he got a box of rocks.

home theater addict
post #376 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

I don't trust ebay. My brother bought some car parts from someone on there and he got a box of rocks.

there are horror stories, but some of it can be mitigated, Paypal is pretty good at dispute-resolution, my wife has her pay-pal account linked to her CC so she also has the CC protection, also reading the feedback / seller reviews CAN give you an idea of the reliablility of the person selling. If someone has 2,000 happy customers, it is still possible, but not likely that 2,001 is going to get ripped off. In about 150 transactions I have had 1 bad one. Counterfeit sneakers, guy tried to BS his way through it, problem was I had a legit pair of the exact same shoe in a different color and listed off all the things that proved they were fake, and then finished with threatening to call the law enforcement anti-counterfeit hotline and report him. Refund went through the same day. For big ticket items insurance, insurance, insurance. Wife bought an entire stained glass window in the window-frame, was 5 panels of glass (to give a stained glass 3d look) 3 of them were broke on arrival, but thanks to the insurance it covered the rather pricey cost of having them remade.
post #377 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

I've sold pricey items on eBay and the buyers have gotten really good deals. The key to selling is quick clear communication, an abundance of pictures and an invitation to talk on the phone imo. There are a lot of rip-offs out there though. For example somebody named goodbuyz57 (no feedback) was selling a new in the box 141 for $2997 on Amazon and eBay. I asked for a picture and got a generic picture of a box which looked like it came from Google images. The bidding had started on eBay when I asked for the picture and the next day this goodbuyz57 emailed stating that he/she was willing to take an offer. Even after bidding had started? I smelled a rat. I checked bidding and it was one person bidding against him/herself.
post #378 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:

I've sold pricey items on eBay and the buyers have gotten really good deals. The key to selling is quick clear communication, an abundance of pictures and an invitation to talk on the phone imo. There are a lot of rip-offs out there though. For example somebody named goodbuyz57 (no feedback) was selling a new in the box 141 for $2997 on Amazon and eBay. I asked for a picture and got a generic picture of a box which looked like it came from Google images. The bidding had started on eBay when I asked for the picture and the next day this goodbuyz57 emailed stating that he/she was willing to take an offer. Even after bidding had started? I smelled a rat. I checked bidding and it was one person bidding against him/herself.

That must be the same scammer as the Ebay seller cv7832 (with only 1 feedback) who was selling a 60" Pioneer KURO Elite Pro-151FD 1080p New in Box for $2997. I emailed him asking the location of the TV and he responded right away, then i sent a message that "I have a friend is 28 miles from you and i want to send him over to inspect the TV and maybe buy it on the spot" but suddenly he stopped responding even though the auction still had several days left. It "sold" after only one bid, and the supposed buyer was also a new member (s***p) with only a few feedbacks in the past few weeks.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #379 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
I remember D-nice mentioning that the ZT he predicts is going to be around 0.0018ftL for black. It will not be beating a 9.5G. The 9.5G Kuro killer is not coming yet....It might match the 9G however. Those pictures are just that pictures some of you have the tv and I have noticed that the comments seem to be that the demo was made in favour of the ZT too look like it's beating the Kuro 600M which I am not suprised about . There is no reason to make your product look worse. Too many variables to be judging picture quality from a set of pictures.
post #380 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

"That must be the same scammer as the Ebay seller cv7832 (with only 1 feedback) who was selling a 60" Pioneer KURO Elite Pro-151FD 1080p New in Box for $2997. I emailed him asking the location of the TV and he responded right away, then i sent a message that "I have a friend is 28 miles from you and i want to send him over to inspect the TV and maybe buy it on the spot" but suddenly he stopped responding even though the auction still had several days left. It "sold" after only one bid, and the supposed buyer was also a new member (s***p) with only a few feedbacks in the past few weeks." - Randy Walters

That’s exactly the one, Randy. He was goodbuyz on Amazon and cv7832 on eBay. Clever of you to vet him like that. I know this is off topic but it may serve a greater good….what do you think his angle was. I mean if I paid with a CC and had PP protection to boot…how would he get his money? I sold my Kuro through eBay and PP had the money for 21 days so the buyer had time to report problems and contest the sale. How would this scammer get around this do you think?

BTW, here’s a site he put up for Sharp Elite Pro’s selling at, you guessed it, $2997.00, http://goodbuyz57.weebly.com/
post #381 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 AM

Liked: 30
Quote:

It is amazing to see something that old still is available brand new in the box. Still, since it's been discontinued I would be weary of buying it (let alone paying that outrageous amount of money) and possibly getting a defective one. Little to no chance of getting a replacement.
post #382 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 AM

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

It's better now since Paypal has cracked down on scammers. For anything over $1000 Paypal keeps the funds frozen to the seller until the buyer posts positive feedback.
post #383 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:

I sent a message to the fellow selling the new unopened box Sig 141 asking where the display has been all of these years and what stores he's referring to when he wrote they were selling them all day long at 7K. No reply in the past 12 hours. It's 9:30 AM EST where he is so I'd expect him to reply soon.

"

Funny he did mention stores as in he works there(owner/management...etc). Its coming from King Of Prussia PA which is a huge shopping area. Biggest mall on east coast, lots of high end stores...etc.
post #384 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungro View Post

I remember D-nice mentioning that the ZT he predicts is going to be around 0.0018ftL for black. It will not be beating a 9.5G. The 9.5G Kuro killer is not coming yet....It might match the 9G however. Those pictures are just that pictures some of you have the tv and I have noticed that the comments seem to be that the demo was made in favour of the ZT too look like it's beating the Kuro 600M which I am not suprised about . There is no reason to make your product look worse. Too many variables to be judging picture quality from a set of pictures.

Yes the ZT will most likely match the 9G. But the panasonic insider on AVJ did said the ZT "seem to be on par on blacks to my pro111..maybe a shade lighter". He said everything else was better though. The better detail he sees might be do to the bigger 60" size vs the 50" 111. But i wouldn't be surprised if the ZT actually does resolve more detail than kuro when comparing the same size. The ZT is looking to be a nice TV.

Nobody was complaining about the ZT's performance in the demo. Kuro owners, and others, just knew something was up with that 600. Forget the pictures, if you watch the video you clearly see why everyone went crazy. And rightly so as the pictures on the last page show how a kuro really is suppose to look.

home theater addict
post #385 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pred1973 View Post

there are horror stories, but some of it can be mitigated, Paypal is pretty good at dispute-resolution, my wife has her pay-pal account linked to her CC so she also has the CC protection, also reading the feedback / seller reviews CAN give you an idea of the reliablility of the person selling. If someone has 2,000 happy customers, it is still possible, but not likely that 2,001 is going to get ripped off. In about 150 transactions I have had 1 bad one. Counterfeit sneakers, guy tried to BS his way through it, problem was I had a legit pair of the exact same shoe in a different color and listed off all the things that proved they were fake, and then finished with threatening to call the law enforcement anti-counterfeit hotline and report him. Refund went through the same day. For big ticket items insurance, insurance, insurance. Wife bought an entire stained glass window in the window-frame, was 5 panels of glass (to give a stained glass 3d look) 3 of them were broke on arrival, but thanks to the insurance it covered the rather pricey cost of having them remade.

My brother didn't even get his money back right away. He had to go trough so much crap with ebay. I don't think he got it back at all. I'll have to ask him again.

home theater addict
post #386 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 AM

I wonder if there's anyone out there willing to sell their 9.5G Kuro and how much would be a fair price for it? And what would be the shelf life of a product that has already been used for 4 years?

I am sick of Panasonic beating around the bush every year. They have the capability to produce something truly remarkable but every year they withhold an element of technology, just so that consumers are tempted to upgrade the following year.
post #387 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post

It is amazing to see something that old still is available brand new in the box. Still, since it's been discontinued I would be weary of buying it (let alone paying that outrageous amount of money) and possibly getting a defective one. Little to no chance of getting a replacement.

The two nightmare scenarios would be....

• -It arrives and its defective in some way
  • -Th ZT comes out and is equal or a little better in certain areas and you just realized you spent an extra 2 grand for a TV with no warranty

It would be annoying to know that you could buy a VT right now with extra 5 inches, save 4 grand and wait and see what 4 grand get you in a few years.

With that said do not watch this unboxing of PRO-141 video if you don't want to buy biggrin.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwt5xEsdXpA
post #388 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:

The two nightmare scenarios would be....

• -It arrives and its defective in some way
  • -Th ZT comes out and is equal or a little better in certain areas and you just realized you spent an extra 2 grand for a TV with no warranty

It would be annoying to know that you could buy a VT right now with extra 5 inches, save 4 grand and wait and see what 4 grand get you in a few years.

With that said do not watch this unboxing of PRO-141 video if you don't want to buy biggrin.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwt5xEsdXpA

I cringed watching him lay it flat.....have always been under the impression that the weight of all the glass being horizontal was not recommended.
post #389 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

lol I actually drove 900 miles through the snow and rain with my 111fd laying in the back seat like that. Had no choice. Worked perfectly when i hooked it up in LA. Kuros are really well made.
post #390 of 501 Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pred1973 View Post

I cringed watching him lay it flat.....have always been under the impression that the weight of all the glass being horizontal was not recommended.

I've layed a 50" plasma on a bed without issues. I think the issue is with transporting it flat, meaning if you hit a bump while its laying flat the chances of it cracking increases greatly.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page