Where is my (our) Kuro replacement? - Page 17 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 501 Old 03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 41
This thread has officially been given a Nc-17 rating.! Lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 501 Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
The Kuro is the Ron Jeremy of plasmas...way past it's prime but still providing STIFF competition. smile.gif
post #483 of 501 Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post

This thread has officially been given a Nc-17 rating.! Lol!

lol

post #484 of 501 Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Once you go black you'll never go back.
craigyboy likes this.
post #485 of 501 Old 03-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Ugh.
post #486 of 501 Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 167
So eh... "Ahem" lol...

So um, Where is my (our) Kuro replacement... again ?

rofl smile.gif
post #487 of 501 Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Kuro pr0n.

The hell is going on in here.

home theater addict
post #488 of 501 Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM

post #489 of 501 Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 52

I don't get these Taylor Swift references. What am I missing?
post #490 of 501 Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

I don't get these Taylor Swift references. What am I missing?

Most likely not much, but you may want to ask rogo.
post #491 of 501 Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

Here's where the rubber hits the road. There is a brand new, still in the box, Sig. 141 for sale on eBay for $6600 as-is. Who is willing to pay that amount to own it? The ZT will probably be $4200. $2400 surcharge for the Kuro.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Elite-Kuro-Signature-Elite-Signature-PRO-141FD-60-1080p-HD-Plasma-/200897493785?pt=Televisions&hash=item2ec66c7b19

It's five year old tech. I just read that it's been confirmed Panasonic is done with Plasma. They will be selling into 2014 but cease production on Plasma tech. Some engineers have moved on to OLED division. So it's is done it's underway OLED here we come smile.gif this comes from flatpanelshd website.

5 yr old tech doesn't matter how good it is that's damn expensive , people are trying to cash in on this. New or not it's 5 yr's old. No sir I don't like it :P
post #492 of 501 Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Done with R&D does not mean done with production it just means significant changes will not be made. Im not sure why people keep reading more into than there is. Eventually within the next few years they will exit producing the Plasma in favor of OLED when they feel they can make one successfully not only on price but performance.....That could 1 or 2 or 4 years......
post #493 of 501 Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Exactly. People are reading with ham-fists ham-heads.

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #494 of 501 Old 04-11-2013, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Where have people read that panasonic is done with plasmas and will sell until 2014?
post #495 of 501 Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 PM

I also think most people hate kuro owners is because they talk about it as if it is a life and death matter when you just have to take a step back and remember its only a tv and while i apprecaite a good picture and alot of people say im weird about it i got to say people are starting to split hairs and hopefully the zt60 will be good enough to just shut people up and the days of people being grandiose about their kuros will be over. I love a great picture but in the end i have perspective and remember that its only a tv alot of people need to get a life.
agkss likes this.
post #496 of 501 Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerTech0903 View Post

I also think most people hate kuro owners is because they talk about it as if it is a life and death matter when you just have to take a step back and remember its only a tv and while i apprecaite a good picture and alot of people say im weird about it i got to say people are starting to split hairs and hopefully the zt60 will be good enough to just shut people up and the days of people being grandiose about their kuros will be over. I love a great picture but in the end i have perspective and remember that its only a tv alot of people need to get a life.

But the thing with ridiculous comments like that is it just encourages people.

The only people desperate for the Kuro to be "beat" are 'fanboys' of other manufacturers. And people who profit from hype.

There are similarities with the panel. It's (not) real Kuro tech. I actually think it's a bit sad it has taken this long and yet as it stands. It still is hype only thus far.

The only acceptable form of "fanboyism" these days it seems... Are the anti Kuro crew fanatics.
post #497 of 501 Old 04-12-2013, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thats's too bad. Sorry for being so forward. You're right; "it's only a TV." So why then do people get bothered that the kuro is still talked about? There is a reason why you know. It's the persons fault for getting mad. It's not like the kuro praise is made up and nonsense.

Why is Panasonic comparing their new TV to a 5 year old TV? Why is Samsung saying they might have a TV that finally "knocks the kuro off its perch"? Why does any company want that title anyway?????

I don't know why people see the kuros love as surprising. The picture is damn fumazing. biggrin.gif

The kuro haters are just as annoying as the owners who keep talking about it. lol.

home theater addict
post #498 of 501 Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post

But the thing with ridiculous comments like that is it just encourages people.

The only people desperate for the Kuro to be "beat" are 'fanboys' of other manufacturers. And people who profit from hype.

There are similarities with the panel. It's (not) real Kuro tech. I actually think it's a bit sad it has taken this long and yet as it stands. It still is hype only thus far.

The only acceptable form of "fanboyism" these days it seems... Are the anti Kuro crew fanatics.

I'm far from anti kuro I wouldn't mind having one its the people who think they're gods gifts to mankind because they worship the kuro its ridiculous its like those people on Facebook who think they're cool because in their profile they put that they like fight club and the shawshank redemption

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Thats's too bad. Sorry for being so forward. You're right; "it's only a TV." So why then do people get bothered that the kuro is still talked about? There is a reason why you know. It's the persons fault for getting mad. It's not like the kuro praise is made up and nonsense.

Why is Panasonic comparing their new TV to a 5 year old TV? Why is Samsung saying they might have a TV that finally "knocks the kuro off its perch"? Why does any company want that title anyway?????

I don't know why people see the kuros love as surprising. The picture is damn fumazing. biggrin.gif

The kuro haters are just as annoying as the owners who keep talking about it. lol.

I don't think anyone doubts the kuro is awesome but right now go to Google and type pretentious definition read that and then reread what you wrote and try to understand what people are saying

I'll save you the trouble

Pretentious

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture etc., than is actually possessed
agkss likes this.
post #499 of 501 Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Totally lame quote, but its been said "to be the man, you have to beat the man" and so far the Kuro IS the man. It looks like that could change with the latest flagship models, but I think it is safe to say that even if they best the Kuro in every other category (color accuracy, motion, brightness,shadow detail, "smart" features, 3D, etc.) I just don't see anything this side of OLED topping it in mll, and thusly the hardcore Kuro fans are always going to refer to that as the crowning achievement. Personally, even if the Kuro was bested in EVERY category, I would point out that its doubtful that any tv will hold the crown for 5 YEARS, so even if it is bested, the bragging rights will still be there simply because of how long it took to beat it, and how short a time the new king will reign.
post #500 of 501 Old 04-13-2013, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm far from anti kuro I wouldn't mind having one its the people who think they're gods gifts to mankind because they worship the kuro its ridiculous its like those people on Facebook who think they're cool because in their profile they put that they like fight club and the shawshank redemption
I don't think anyone doubts the kuro is awesome but right now go to Google and type pretentious definition read that and then reread what you wrote and try to understand what people are saying

I'll save you the trouble

Pretentious

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture etc., than is actually possessed

And this is exactly what i'm talking about. People don't like the kuro being talked as the best so they get upset and make up assumptions about kuro owners. I assure i and many kuro owners aren't what you say. I never seen anybody claim they're special because the have a kuro. Like you said, it's just a TV. It happens to be a very good TV so discussions act accordingly which MANY don't like. You guys get so emotional about this.

The kuro sucks ass. Better?

home theater addict
post #501 of 501 Old 04-13-2013, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Who the heck is Taylor Swift? (he asks...as Art Blakey and his Message jams in the next room...)

HT 3.1: Panny BDT 220 | 60" Panny VT60 | Marantz AV7005 | Focal CMS50 (L/R), CMS40 & CMS Sub

Stereo system: Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page