Which tv am i looking for LED,LCD or Plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A few years ago I was at a friends house and we watched avatar on his new tv. The picture looked unbelievable, like you were looking through a window, the motion,clarity, and colors were just amazing. I was wondering if the plasma tvs produce more of a lifelike image compared to LEDS/LCDS. I would ask them but i havent talked to them in years.I Have had my eye on the panasonic st50,but i would like to get that same image quality, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 36
IMO, yes. Of course if you ask in the LCD forum you may get a different response. The advantages of plasma are, IMO, more life-like PQ, better side angle viewing, less motion blur, better uniformity of PQ, better blacks (with the possible exception of the most expensive LEDs). Only you can say which technology is best for you. The ST50 is an excellent plasma. The 2013 models will be coming out in a few months, so you may want to wait.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Good deal, I have been wanting the st50 for some time now and finally am able to get the 55inch. My parants have a 60+inch led and it doesnt seam to have the same effect thats why i wondered about plasma because i have never owned one. Do you know the price of the new plasmas?
post #4 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 PM

Liked: 14
There's a 2013 Panasonic plasmas thread somewhere around here that has all the prices that have been released so far.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

IMO, yes. Of course if you ask in the LCD forum you may get a different response. The advantages of plasma are, IMO, more life-like PQ, better side angle viewing, less motion blur, better uniformity of PQ, better blacks (with the possible exception of the most expensive LEDs). Only you can say which technology is best for you. The ST50 is an excellent plasma. The 2013 models will be coming out in a few months, so you may want to wait.

Yep.

And the other side, the main drawbacks are: Some potential for IR (so may not be the best option if you leave ESPN or other channels with tickers on for hours every day, or play the same video games for hours and hours), use more energy (but estimates put it at like $50 more per year, so not a huge deal for most), and some proclivity for buzzing on bright scenes (may have to play some panel lottery to get a set that doesn't buzz too loud for you).

So just a matter of your personal uses and preferences as to which is the right type of set for you.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys i will be getting the 55 inch from bestbuy next saturday
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page