Can I turn off pixel oriber on Viera (for good? reason). - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-21-2013, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is absolutely geeky, I know, but I play call of duty and I place a small piece of painters tape in the middle of the screen right where my red dot/aimer/sights are. I use it as a point of reference when i'm looking at something so i'm always not too far off when I go to aim. Anyways, I just switched from lcd to a used 46pz80u and when the pixels move around for the anti retention pixel orbiter feature, it makes me have to follow it around the screen with the piece of tape. I noticed i had my input label set to game and that made the pixel orbiter stuck in "automatic". i just switched it to cable and now i can change it to "force" and pick a number between 1-4. Basically what I'm curious about is, is there a way to fully shut it up? If not, what is the way to make it happen least? I'm wonder if force 1 will make it just rotate all around the dot ever minute and keep it close? or force 4 might make it happen less? in auto it'd sometimes end up at least an 1/8th inch away from the centre tape. it didn't seem to move in a pattern of any sort. I did a bunch of searching and can't seem to get a full break down on exactly what the orbiter does down to which way it'll shift and I also can't seem to find any way to turn it off. I got the TV for 100 bucks, so not too worried about any burn in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm not sure how bad that model is when it comes to IR - just monitor it at first..turn pixel orbiter off - play for an 30mins to an hour or so then run slides to see how bad the IR is.

Then run scrolling bars/noise/other fullscreen content as required. If its particularly bad - just run scrolling bars between every match. That should minimize any IR, then when you have time - run noise (can find videos that mimic noise), or scrolling bars - or just fullscreen content without solid logos for awhile

Pixel Orbiter doesnt help *that* much..just kinda blends IR around the affected area
post #3 of 4 Old 01-21-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off, that's pretty much what I'm asking about. Or at least what combination of settings will make it least often. even if i could just get it to go around in a circle by 1 pixel that'd be good but it seems to go towrds one of the corners for a few adjustments
post #4 of 4 Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I had a similar display and couldn't find an option to disable it completely. Your best bet would be to set it to custom and then browse all the menus for a way to disable it.
It sounds like the pixel orbiter is periodic:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=124932
http://cave.hometheaterhifi.com/group/newmoviesattheater/forum/topics/panasonic-pixel-orbiter

So i guess the numbers relate to minutes rather than pixels.
If you can find a very dark gray/ light black test image and you can see the individuals pixels you could get a good idea of what they are doing,
Assuming the black level on your screen is similar to the px80u you could use the black bars you get when watching a movie and bring the brightness control up and the contrast setting down until the pixels are dimly lit within the black bars.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page