Panasonic 55UT50 or Samsung PN51E7000 - Decision help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased a Samsung PN51E7000 a few weeks ago at very good price and I generally love the picture. I should be satisfied and move on, right? smile.gif:. Well, maybe, but at the time I was also looking at the 55 inch Panasonic UT50 (which after tax etc., would cost only about $100 less). It seemed to me that the two TVs were in different categories, and so I should just go with the "higher level;" Samsung. Now that I realize I am probably rarely going to use some of the features on the Sammy (like wifi and the better 3D) I am wondering if I would be better off with the somewhat larger set and I have also heard that the Panasonic blacks are somewhat better than the Samsung (I don't really have an issue with the Samsung blacks, but I do notice the black bars in movies aren't quite "true black").

I am sitting about 8 - 8 1/2 feet from the screen and watch mostly Blu Ray and streamed movies. Will the 4 inch difference at that distance really matter? Is there any reason to consider changing? I know the TV usually compared to the E7000 in the Panasonic range is is the GT50, but the price of that set is considerably more money.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51e7000 51 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55ut50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page