65GT50 Wall Mount - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HELP!!! Does anyone have any advice on what is the best tilt mount for for the 65" GT50? I just went to mount it this weekend and the mount was 1/4" too short for the setup on the back of the tv. Frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midz23 View Post

HELP!!! Does anyone have any advice on what is the best tilt mount for for the 65" GT50? I just went to mount it this weekend and the mount was 1/4" too short for the setup on the back of the tv. Frustrated.
I used the sanus LL22 low profile mount for my 65 " gt50. They have a tilt mount just like the LL22 but tilts obviously. Check out their website they have a tool where you plug in your TV model and size and it gives recommendations based on them. They are not cheap but I think they are very good quality. Others should chime in on some more affordable options from the big river.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. The one I got was the Sanus Systems Vmpl50A-B1 32-Inch to 70-Inch Visionmount Tilt Mount. I read great reviews on it, but it was 1/4" too short for the setup on the back of the tv. Plus, the adjusters that you use to tilt it were were getting pinched so you wouldn't even be able to adjust the tilt once it was mounted. Now I'm stuck with that mount. I'll probably put it on craigslist or something. I bought it for like $65 on Amazon.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-26-2013, 10:37 PM

On the Sanus site it does not have the VMPL50A-B1 listed as a compatible mount for the 65gt50.
Im not sure why... as the box says it fits most up to 70"...AND if you look up the 60GT50 and the ones smaller down the list on the GT50 sizes, it does have
the VMPL50A listed as compatible.

What is odd is that according to Sanus... if you look up the VMPL50A-B1... there is NO SUCH THING as a B1.
Not even on their discontinued list. I find this odd because I just bought the same model as you... with a B1 at the end.
I am curious as to why this is... and if they have a few VMPL50A models that end in something else.. and they mean the whole series of that
number will fit.

I hope this is true because I live in a small town, this is the only model mount in ANY brand at a store here that is close to seeming it claims to
work with my new 60GT50... AND if it doesnt it means I will have to order a different one online and have to reschedule the installation of my new TV
which the installer says would not be for two weeks from now!
post #5 of 7 Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 AM

Update:
k! No help on this from any other owners?
I did call Sanus and they told me my 60" WAS compatible and that indeed the 65 was not. He could not tell me why even thought the box said good for most up to 70" even though our models are the same just the size difference.
My guess is that the distance to the bracket holes are wider or some other small thing just just made the 65 in this model not compatible even though the 60 is.
He told me the -B1 at the end just means black coloring. Wanted to add that for anyone seeing this and being confused as to why they did not list the B1 as a model number on their website. They do not distinguish between the colors if they also offer then in other colors.

Still... I would like to see a direct confirmation from a 60GT owner here that this model in fact DOES fit. It would make me feel much more secure and until I do I'm going to go back to our limited two stores here to see if they have any other brands/models that are listed as compatible with this TV.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-27-2013, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Did you see this one from Monoprice? Looks like the reviews are favorable.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=6663&seq=1&format=2

Panasonic 55ST50
Yamaha RX-V673
Klipsch RF-52 II // RC-52 II // RS-42 II
Klipsch RW-12d
Klipsch KG 2.5
post #7 of 7 Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Used the Monoprice mount mentioned above to mount a 65 inch Panasonic GT30 (was on sale) about a month ago. Was great.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=6663&seq=1&format=2
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page