Bought another plasma, panny, have a few questions pls - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went to BB to return a few christmas items and walked out of there with a new 55ST50 panasonic plasma. Anyway, I have a few questions and would appreciate some help.

First, there is only one component connection, which must be adapted with the included cable that has 2 small prongs on one end and the female components on the other. This was unusual to me but it works. I connected my cable box to this and appear to be getting HD quality. However, my panny 5 disc dvd/cd player also runs on component but the new panny doesn't have any other component connections, it has 3 hdmi. Any options here? Is there a hdmi to component conversion?

I have a Wii which connects w/ one yellow, red and white rca type connections. The panny doesn't seem to accept these. Any way around this?

Since I have teh cable tv running via component cables to the panny, is there any reason to connect the coaxle cable to the tv's antenna/cable input? It appears not but don't know.

Last, I intend to mount on the wall using the existing Sanus rated for 160 lbs up to 60 inch. Will I also need spacers between the bracket and the tv or just mount the bracket directly to the plasma? My old plasma had a tubular spacer about 3/4 inch think with a hole for the screw to pass through. It separated the bracket from the tv by 3/4 inch and also put more space between the back wall and tv, though not a lot.

Thank you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 87
Why not buy a modern receiver and use it to perform your switching?

Once again, I am sorry to take a sledgehammer to so small and fragile a nut. -- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show On Earth
post #3 of 3 Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
mostly b/c of funding, I can't replace everything at one time so working with as much of my existing equipment as possible is a preference. I bought good stuff in 2004 and it still performs well, the problem is the connections, or I should say the challenge b/c there are ways around some of these issues but I'm not experienced enough to know how to do it all. For the most part, I have the system working now, just trying to top off a few things.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page