Can my Wii connect to the Panny ST? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any way to connect my Wii which has what appears to be RCA red/yellow/white cables to my new ST50 panny plasma? I am using the single set of component connections on the panny for my HD cable box and don't see any other connections for the Wii as the plasma has 3 hdmi and 2 usb connections and a SD slot, that's it. Where does the Wii connect? Can it be connected to the cable box or other device if the tv won't accept?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealboyĀ View Post

Is there any way to connect my Wii which has what appears to be RCA red/yellow/white cables to my new ST50 panny plasma? I am using the single set of component connections on the panny for my HD cable box and don't see any other connections for the Wii as the plasma has 3 hdmi and 2 usb connections and a SD slot, that's it. Where does the Wii connect? Can it be connected to the cable box or other device if the tv won't accept?

IIRC, the set came with a set of cables that plug in and give you a component input as well as 2-channel sound (input). There is only one. So maybe you can get a free upgrade from the cable company?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Yeah, you'd need to get a component cable for the Wii. So see if the cable company has a box with an HDMI out you can switch to is your best.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM

Liked: 14
No need to get component cables. Page 20 of the manual. The set should have come with a special cable. Plug your red and white (audio) into the red and white on the special cable and then the yellow into the green (video) of the special cable. Then plug into the back of the ST50.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
He could do that, but does him no good since his cable box is currently taking up the component input on the TV. He needs to get the cable box over to HDM to free that up, regardless of how he hooks up the Wii.

I'd still suggest getting a component cable as the PQ will be better via component that composite anyway. But not a huge deal as Wii games look pretty lousy on HDTVs anyway IMO since it only does 480p via component.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page