Panasonic VT50 TV wireless connection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am hoping someone can help me with my problem. My VT50 connects to my router via wire without a problems. When I try to connect it wirelessly, it identifies the correct SSID, the type and the encryption but no signal strength.

Panasonic support had me reset the TV using power button and then reset the modem. Then my TV connected wirelessly. Later when I turned the TV off and on, it was back to the same problem. I repeated the reset steps and it did not work.

My router is about 10 feet away from the TV. My Panasonic Bluray connects to the router wirelessly. My laptops and smartphone connect to the router without a problem.

My rounter is D-Link D655 and according to Panasonic support ht TV supports it.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem?

Thanks, Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Dual band? 2.4 works best for me. However 5GHz is supposed to be best for streaming. My Lynksis 4000 works best at 2.4. Tried a different router?
post #3 of 16 Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

D-Link I am using is 5 Ghz. I have not tried another router, but planning on giving it a try.
post #4 of 16 Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Yeah, I find 5GHz to be unreliable. For example my iPad picks up the 2.4 signal well and is strong. The 5 GHZ is weak and drops often.
post #5 of 16 Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

After playing with the TV I figured out what is happening. If I reset the TV using POWER reset, the TV connects wirelessly without a problem. I can watch Netflix no problem. When I turn the TV off and then on, the TV wireless settings are missing - mostly signal strength and wireless type. The TV seems to be losing the settings.
post #6 of 16 Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 AM

Hi Did you get your problem sorted out. I am having the same problem when I try to connect my TV with wireless.
post #7 of 16 Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

No luck. Panasonic has not been any help. Each time I want to connect wirelessly, I need to reset with the power button. They are swapping this TV with a new one tomorrow. I will post the results tomorrow.

What is your router? I tried D-Link and Lynksys with the same results. I do not think it is a problem with the router. I think the problem is either VT50 software or the TV's WiFi circuit.

Ed
post #8 of 16 Old 02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdOdj View Post

My rounter is D-Link D655 and according to Panasonic support ht TV supports it.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem?

Thanks, Ed

I'm guessing you have a Dlink DIR655, I have one of those and I had to power cycle it every couple days to get it to work using DLNA.
post #9 of 16 Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM

Our TC-P65VT50 was delivered this past Monday. I called Panasonic a couple of days later, as I had difficulty wirelessly getting the internet set up. By then, I had done my own custom calibration for the video. The Panasonic rep had me take the set back to its original default settings. After doing so, the wireless internet setup went smoothly.
post #10 of 16 Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for sharing your experience. I had not done any calibration. I turned the TV on for the first time and went thru the initial setup and when it got to network setup the wireless did not connect.

Your problem seems to be software issue. Mine may also be software bug but Panasonic tech says it is not.

I have read some place that you should calibrate after 300 hours of use. I am planning on doing it in few weeks.
post #11 of 16 Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

That is correct D-Link DIR-655. Do you also have problems with wireless connection and does resetting the router resolve it?

Is DLNA the wireless component in the TV?
post #12 of 16 Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdOdj View Post

That is correct D-Link DIR-655. Do you also have problems with wireless connection and does resetting the router resolve it?

Is DLNA the wireless component in the TV?

I use a different router now since I switched to U-verse and I went with the Boxee Box(streamer) right before that. I never used the online apps to know the performance of that. The DLNA feature is the local network streaming app built into the tv and I used it for streaming local files(videos, music, photos) from my win7 PC. It's just another feature on the tv like the other apps and will work wired or wirelessly. I never had my ST30 hooked up using the wired connection and always used the wireless part of the tv.

The power cycling of the router temporarily resolved the connection issue I had between the PC and the TV so the streaming I was doing would work. Another thing that I was going to try was using a mac address instead of using the automatic setup which can be glitchy.
With a mac address the tv and router only have to look for that one address instead of trying to sort it out among many possible addresses and maybe help the possibility of establishing a connection. I'm not a network expert but can get by with this kind of stuff and I hope some of this may help you and others, in some way, with this issue.
post #13 of 16 Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

They delivered my TV #3. This one initially did not work. But, after one model/cableTV reset, it worked. I think the problem was with the TV hardware and I am glad that I finally got one that worked.

I now have to work on another problem - which router is best for HD streaming. I will go wired, but my D-Link DIR655 cannot handle 1080p.
post #14 of 16 Old 04-03-2013, 02:06 PM

I have a Panasonic Viera TC-P50ST50 and a D-Link DIR-615 router. This TV is actually a replacement for an identical model that was originally delivered. TV #1 would not connect to my wireless network reliably, so I returned it for a replacement. TV #2 connected okay when I went through the setup, and it continued to connect okay for a few days, but now it won’t connect. I just tried cycling the power of the router, as has been suggested, and this time the TV connected. That was promising. But then I turned the TV off and back on, and it wouldn’t connect. So I shut the TV off, power cycled the router again, and turned the TV back on. This time the TV would not connect. Power cycling the router does not seem to be a solution. I think the problem is with the TV. All the other devices in my house (two computers, two iPhones, a printer, and an Apple TV) connect to the wireless network without any problems.
post #15 of 16 Old 05-24-2013, 06:48 AM

Hi I have a Panasonic Viera TX-PR50ST50 and an Asus RT-N66U dual band router.
2.4GHz Wi-Fi working fine; however 5GHz link unstable.
I think that problem in Panasonic TV too.
post #16 of 16 Old 01-25-2014, 05:14 AM

Liked: 11
Hi Hat, I have an ASUS 68U and am also getting 5GHZ drops with the ZT 60. Every other device sees router and USB HDs but all of a sudden, the ZT can't connect over DLNA. So weird. I'll try having it connect over 2.4ghz and see if it works.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P42st30 42 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page