Panasonic customer service - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-26-2013, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just wanted to let people on the forum know about some recent dealings I had with Panasonic Canada. Not sure where on the forum to put this one so I will put it here seeing as it deals with a Plasma.

I have a 50G25 plasma that I purchased in May of 2010. I was watching tv one night and heard a loud popping noise and the screen went black and the power led was flashing 4 times.mad.gifeek.gif
This happened late Dec 2012. No extended warranty.
I took the tv into Colburnes tv and stereo in Kingston.
They were quick to get back to me with a diagnosis. The SC circuit board needed to be replaced. It was going to cost $378 for parts labor and taxes. I gave the go ahead to repair.

After I received the tv back I contacted Panasonic Canada to see if they would help out a little with the repair. The tv was a year and 1/2 out of warranty. I was polite as were they when discussing it.
I explained that I didn't think that a 2 1/2 year old tv should be failing. They took all my contact info and asked me to fax in the original bill of sale and the repair receipt.

It took them about a week to get back to me with a decision. They offered to provide the sc circuit board at no cost.
Seeing as I had the repair done already they emailed Colburnes and told them to put a claim into Panasonic for the board and reimburse me for the cost of the board.
The cost of the board was approximately half of the total repair.
Colburnes has since reimbursed me for the cost of the board.smile.gif

I want to commend Panasonic for their service after the sale and after the warranty period.
I don't know how many other companies would have done this.
This will definitely influence my future buying decisions.
WhiteSands likes this.

Sharp LC-60UQ17U
Panasonic TC-P50G25
Sony KDL-42V4100
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page