Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

That's a good point. There was a small gap between the ZT and VT and during close viewing I did have to look up slightly when viewing the VT. I think I will go back and view it from a distance to see it my initial observation holds.

Keep in mind, the VT should be angled down slightly, so depending on the angle and how far back you are you may cause the opposite issue.

Right you are. I went back and the VT was angled down slightly. Every which way I looked at it, it appeared that the ZT had slightly whiter whites. But who knows. I guess the good to take from my observations is that the ZT didn't look dimmer .

TWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1309 Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

How come people still want the ZT over the VT with the outcome of the shootout? Plus the cost difference? Seems the VT would definitely be the way to go. Just curious to hear your thoughts.

ZT is better during the day with ambient light. What nobody seems to be saying is, the ZT and VT are the same screen under perfect home theater conditions, but for those of us that do not have a room without windows or any ambient light the ZT is the way to go. I learned this the hard way as I got a VT60 and got some glare so i am not having it returned and a ZT dropped off. BB was really good with working with me about this.
post #1293 of 1309 Old 05-28-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown124 View Post

ZT is better during the day with ambient light. What nobody seems to be saying is, the ZT and VT are the same screen under perfect home theater conditions, but for those of us that do not have a room without windows or any ambient light the ZT is the way to go. I learned this the hard way as I got a VT60 and got some glare so i am not having it returned and a ZT dropped off. BB was really good with working with me about this.
You're right about there apparently being no difference in a very dark room. What had me curious after the shootout is whether the VT's slightly better brightness would trump the ZT's better filter. From what I've seen in reviews and personal anecdotes the ZT does better in a lighter room. So, if you watch 100% in a dark room go with the VT but if your TV room isn't 100% light controlled then you may be better off with the ZT (or F8500). I don't have a dedicated HT room (yet) so I opted for the ZT.

post #1294 of 1309 Old 05-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

I have the same model - hoping that it will be at least as bright.
Boe, I think the ZT60 calibrated will be very close in brightness
To the V10. I tried Cnet's calibration settings on the Cinema mode and it is very close to the V10 in brightness. Maybe just
A smidge darker. But wow, the black levels of the ZT60 are amazing! Deep deep blacks!
post #1295 of 1309 Old 05-28-2013, 05:50 PM

Liked: 10
Any one know whether this tv will be part of the regular lineup every year like the VT series or no more ZT after this year?

I remember Panasonic made the Z1 plasma a few years back and the Z series hasn't returned until now.
post #1296 of 1309 Old 05-28-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer_03 View Post

Any one know whether this tv will be part of the regular lineup every year like the VT series or no more ZT after this year?

I remember Panasonic made the Z1 plasma a few years back and the Z series hasn't returned until now.

I'm fairly confident even Panasonic doesn't know at this point. smile.gif
rogo likes this.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1297 of 1309 Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 AM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post

Boe, I think the ZT60 calibrated will be very close in brightness
To the V10. I tried Cnet's calibration settings on the Cinema mode and it is very close to the V10 in brightness. Maybe just
A smidge darker. But wow, the black levels of the ZT60 are amazing! Deep deep blacks![/quote

Thanks!]
post #1298 of 1309 Old 05-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Is this TV being sold outside of best buy stores?

I only see them listed on best buy's website, but there's no magnolia home theater at my best buy and delivery is currently unavailable.

I'm getting interested in getting one of these, but obviously I'd rather buy from a sponsor smile.gif
post #1299 of 1309 Old 05-30-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 197
BB exclusive until August.

post #1300 of 1309 Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 PM

Thanks.

That's kind of a shame.
post #1301 of 1309 Old 05-31-2013, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrmgic View Post

Is this TV being sold outside of best buy stores?

I only see them listed on best buy's website, but there's no magnolia home theater at my best buy and delivery is currently unavailable.

I'm getting interested in getting one of these, but obviously I'd rather buy from a sponsor smile.gif

You can order the ZT from any Best Buy store. Just ask them to pull it up in OMS.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #1302 of 1309 Old 05-31-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

You can order the ZT from any Best Buy store. Just ask them to pull it up in OMS.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
post #1303 of 1309 Old 06-08-2013, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 117
The post below was written by my sales guy from MDC West LA who just dropped off my replacement ZT. I was showing him this forum and he saw something he thought was erroneous. The post below was written by an MDC employee as he wanted to clear up some confusion.

"Hello,

I actually work for Magnolia A/V and I'm using my clients log in. The ZT's are exclusive to Magnolia A/V and Design Centers until July. They are not sold at MHT(Magnolia Home Theater) or any other retailer until then. You may be able to make pre-orders, but they are not available to pick up immediately."
post #1304 of 1309 Old 06-08-2013, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

The post below was written by my sales guy from MDC West LA who just dropped off my replacement ZT. I was showing him this forum and he saw something he thought was erroneous. The post below was written by an MDC employee as he wanted to clear up some confusion.

"Hello,

I actually work for Magnolia A/V and I'm using my clients log in. The ZT's are exclusive to Magnolia A/V and Design Centers until July. They are not sold at MHT(Magnolia Home Theater) or any other retailer until then. You may be able to make pre-orders, but they are not available to pick up immediately."

This is not accurate. They are sold at MHT, MDC and Mag A/V locations, as well as Best Buy locations for that matter. While every single store does not have stock on hand, they are still available for purchase with standard delivery or pickup at local warehouses.

post #1305 of 1309 Old 06-09-2013, 09:08 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlesschickens View Post

-Short-duration IR, caused by residual electric charge, is harmless and lasts only a few minutes at most. It is seen as a bright afterimage of a bright screen element. For example, you might see a light ghost of the word "Menu" if you put up a totally black screen after spending time in the menu. It cannot become permanent and is essentially not a problem (though less is still a good thing).

-Long-duration IR, supposed to be caused by what is called "MgO sputtering," can last for hours or days. It is seen as a dark afterimage of a bright screen element when viewing a mid-brightness scene. The 2012 Panasonics suffered from an unusual amount of this type of IR, which is concerning because long-duration IR can last so long that you re-expose the static element in question before it wears off, making the imprint essentially permanent if you continue to watch the offending channel or play the same games. I consider Panasonic's performance in this area last year poor because the 2012 Samsungs (only the 60"+) beat them soundly in this area, as does my 8th gen non-elite Pioneer (5080HD).

A post from the HDJ insider indicated that the ZT (and only the ZT) was using an alternative substance in place of MgO (Magnesium Oxide). He wouldn't go into details about what this implied, but the theory is that the only reason to replace MgO would be to reduce the occurrence of long-duration "MgO sputtering" IR.

Can any of you ZT early adopters report about your IR experiences. I'm stuck at the ZT vs. VT decision, so someone confirming that the ZT indeed ships without MgO would be awesome. Otherwise looks like I might have to wait for headlesschickens to do his thang. Thanks.
post #1306 of 1309 Old 06-09-2013, 03:54 PM

Liked: 14
Just was at my local BB. They have already dropped the price by a few hundred on the VT60 sets. The Magnolia manager also said he could work with me on a lower price if I was interested. Just a heads up for those interested in a VT.
post #1307 of 1309 Old 08-31-2013, 06:38 PM

wow what a wait just bought my 65zt60 from brad smart here in miami paid 3299 pluss tax thank you labor day :-) delevery wen wow i still have to wait lol
post #1308 of 1309 Old 09-01-2013, 04:36 AM

Liked: 11
You bought your ZT from Brandsmart? I was unaware that they were going to be carrying these.
post #1309 of 1309 Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 AM

sorry was so xcited yes i did buy it from brandsmart zip 33156 yesterday and ill take a pic of reciepe payed 3299 plus tx yeaaaaa 0% 18 mounths. after 2 years of building my entertainment room finally got the center piece to go with my olive burl philharmonic 3 speakers and 105 oppo driven by a emotiva xpa-2. oh wen will be a great day in my world :-)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page