Having trouble syncing my LG 50PA5500 with my receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I just bought a new LG 50PA5500 plasma tv and I'm loving it to death. However, I'm having some trouble with the Simplink feature of the tv. My receiver, a Yamaha RX-V473, supports HDMI Control which means I should be able to control the receiver audio with the tv's remote. It actually sets up well and works perfectly until I switch the tv off. Both the tv and receiver shut down in sync, like they're supposed to, but when I turn the tv back on it seems to have forgotten all about the receiver. As a result, the receiver is left in standby and Simplink doen't find the receiver even when I turn the receiver on manually.

I actually have to go into the settings of my receiver and toggle HDMI Control off and back on for the tv to recognize it, after which it works perfectly again. Toggling Simplink on the tv doesn't work.

I have looked in the tv's settings to see what may be causing the tv to 'forget' the sync, but I couldn't find a setting that may be responsible for this. I have already turned off the internal tv speaker through the Sound menu, which didn't work.

The manual for my receiver states that if there is a problem with syncing both devices, I have to plug them out of the wall and back in. I've tried this to no avail. The tv manual has very little to say about this to my surprise.

Basically, what I want is the tv audio to output to my receiver at all times without having to use two remotes just to change the volume. But going through the menus to make it work every time I turn the tv on kind of defeats the purpose.

Any thoughts on this?

On a side note: I have the tv hooked up to my receiver by Toslink and HDMI. I use HDMI to feed through my Xbox and TV set top box signals to the tv, and Toslink to output sounds from my tv to the receiver (for watching USB movies for example).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
tv audio to output to my receiver at all times without having to use two remotes

I use the URC WR7 universal remote. It's only 20 bucks, and you can customize almost every button to a learned function from any other remote.

I set TV channel buttons to "SEL" up/down, and receiver volume to "SEL" left/right. The remote also supports sequential functions through macros. I set my green power button to first turn on the TV followed by the receiver, and the red one only toggles the receiver. The functions of most of the buttons is unique for each of the 7 modes on top, so upon hitting "DVD" then I have my learned functions from my DVD remote.

One last expert feature: when you learn, you're supposed to push and hold the old remote button, so that the WR7 detects the initial press, the delay before it repeats, and repeat rate. My native TV remote has a longer than desired repeat delay and repeat rate, so during the learn process, I pushed the old remote button once, followed by a short delay and fast repeats, so that the WR7 learned it with fast repeats.

Note: some remotes and special infrared signatures can't be learned by the WR7. The only thing that didn't work in my case was my DVD remote's arrow keys.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGLL_enUS380US380&q=WR7&um=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1020&bih=1416&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17525295441338883137&sa=X&ei=YViCT7OQOIjU2AX2u8WMBw&ved=0CFkQxBUwAA#scoring=tp%7Cstart=0
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 50 Inch Plasma 50pv450c
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page