Pansonic 50VT20D Vertical lines half through the screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys,

I am having trouble with my 14 month old Plasma 50VT20. This is a slightly older model which I bought in Oct 11 (In case you were wondering why I went for an old model, it was quite a deal at 67% off list price).

About 6 weeks ago, a vertical line halfway up the screen from the bottom right of the screen appeared. I ignored it for a few days and then it disappeared. It again appeared from top down at the left of the panel.

By the time I logged a complaint and the service guy came home. the line on the top right had disappeared. and another one appeared from the bottom 1/3 from the right.

He took note of this line and diagnosed that the C6 board needs to be replaced. On my insistence (I showed him pics) he also put down the C1 board to be replaced.

Parts were not available in India (and had to be sourced from APAC) so it took a few weeks.

In the mean time, the line kept appearing at locations (one at a time). two days before two lines appeared (new locations) and today four lines have appeared (all new locations).

all these lines emerge from the top/bottom edge and ends abruptly at the exact mid point.

Any ideas as to what the trouble is?

I know the easiest solution is to ask for a replacement. But the thing is that the panel replacements are usually not done in India and they replace the TV (good so far). However, the VT series has been discontinued except for a 65" (VT30) size. I doubt they would replace my 50" with a 65". I would much rather get this TV fixed than take a step down to a lower series like GT50/ST50.

As to usage. The TV runs for about 6 hours a day. My watches animated movies. We watch TV and Movies on a media player and a PS3 and I play maybe about 8 hours a week worth of games.

Any thoughts/guidance that I can get so I can tell the service tech?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page