Panasonic TC-P65VT50 Side Bar burn in problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have had my TV 3 months now and my wife noticed yesterday what appears to be sidebar burn in lines.

Sure enough... I ran anti-retention a few times and nothing..still there.

Now I want to stress that we almost never have this TV set to display anything except the full screen. About the only time we have side bars is with a movie that wants to display them..and that is rare.

No idea whatsoever how they got there. We have a panny upstairs for last 4 years and never had this problem.

Called Panasonic and they said...you did it. They told me to try running a black screen for 3 hours..and that should clear the problem.

I figured out how to do this...I connected a notebook and set screen saver to blank. That "should" work...I hope.

On a side note: Having a $3k plus TV have "burn in" problems this easy...will make me never want to buy a Plasma again. I never had these kinds of problems on my cheap Panny upstairs.

Any advice on how/why this may have been caused would be great. It cant be that we watched something for a long time with side bars on...we just dont do that.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM

Liked: 10
You mean like 4:3 lines right? Have you watched anything in 4:3 in the past few days? Im no expert but if you've had the tv for 3 months and are just now noticing it, it sounds to me like heavy IR. Ive read different things from this website to fix IR and some include white noise, watching vibrant movies like pixar movies, and ive heard and have had luck running the plasma break in dvd (http://www.eaprogramming.com/). Also if you use linux, i googled and found a guy who made a program that ran the scrolling bar until you tell it to stop and he had luck with it (ive also used it http://randomtristan.blogspot.com/2012/08/removing-image-retention-on-plasma.html). Any way like i said im no expert, this is actually my first post and i hope it helps and that you get your tv working properly!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Heavy IR? Frankly I don't watch the TV a ton...my kids do. I did notice that they watch TV sometimes with Sidebars and I make them change. But occassionaly watching TV with Sidebars and not leaving the TV on for long periods of time...shouldnt do this.

Like I said..I have a cheap 42 inch upstairs that has never had any problems with burnin.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page