Can't get stereo through plasma with netflix - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think i know the answer to this but just in case some creative techie has an idea, I toss this out there. One of my new plasmas is set up for regular tv/cable viewing but on occassion, I will put a dvd on. While it is not surround, I have figured out how to pump the sound through my old Denon receiver so i get two channel stereo sound by using component cables from the dvd to the plasma and the 2 plug RCA into the denon. For it's limited purpose, i am happy with the sound. However, the denon does not have any optical or digital outs or ins, I only have the 2 plug red/white RCA "inputs". I was hoping to figure out a way to connect the plasma (samsung 51pne7000) to the stereo so I can get stereo sound when using pandora or netflix, but I can't figure it out. I do have a cable box so I was able to make the connections to get stereo tv if i want, but the pandora would be nice.

Besides getting a new receiver, are there any simple tricks that might allow me to get stereo netflix/pandora?

thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
just buy a cheap optical to rca module / box off ebay... plug the optical into the tv and the rca outputs into your denon..... :-) ~$50 will likely do it.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-02-2013, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
This sounds like an excellent solution, I appreciate it. I will ck ebay and amazon. In fact, i did, there are lots of options, some as cheap as 17 dollars but i'm not totally sure i am considering the right product, one that will definately fit/work. If you have one you would recommend, pls advise.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page