Two years later and I have a similar question. Plasma and MANY windows. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok all I'm back with the similar question I had two years ago. I am also hoping that Randy is still around. Two years later and it's like I have to learn a complete and different language again. I need to purchase a new hdtv for my living room. I currently have a very old 50 projection TV that is ugly and fading considerably. I would like to replace it with a plasma as I love the panny p42s2 that I currently have in the family room. It has a reflective coating and has worked very well for me. The new room has a wall of windows in it and receives a lot of natural light. Curtains are not an option so it will sit being bathed with sunlight during some parts of the day. I can't seem to find any new plasma's with the reflective coating and the two I am looking at Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50 and Panasonic VIERA TC-P50GT50 both have some reviews that complain about the ambient light reflecting. Any suggestions? I do not care about 3d nor smart features. And truth be told one of the reasons I like plasma is because everyone tells me to buy LED. I have no brand loyalty but have enjoyed the panny I have. Any suggestions are welcome even if it is get an LED. I have around 1000 budget and would like a 50-55 inch. I have had great luck in this forum before so I am encouraged that I will again.
Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I think the 2011 samsungs might be a better option...the d series can get bright and preserves blacks better than the pannys...crutchfield had 59d8000s for sub $1,500
post #3 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I shall look at them.. Thank you.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page