VT 65" now or May for the ZT - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
^The same can be said for the biggest furniture/appliance/TV store in my little corner of the southwest. They sadly stopped carrying Panasonic due to lower margins than competitors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 02-09-2013, 02:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

There is a big speculation on the press about 2013 being the last year Panasonic will produce plasma displays.

There is big reason to not buy into that speculation.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #33 of 37 Old 02-09-2013, 04:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood View Post

Anyone want to make the argument why 2014 will not be the last year of improvements when it comes to Panasonic plasmas?

The smartest move IF you want to buy a plasma might be 2014--the last chance for the best that Panasonic will ever make.

But think how good the 2015 models might be if they stick around...

TC-P65VT50
Marantz NR1403
Bose Acoustimass 10
Panasonic BDT220 Blu Ray Player
post #34 of 37 Old 02-09-2013, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
2014 sets will be amazing. I have no doubt that they'll be building those from the ground up. Definitely have a chance of being better than the ZT sets.

"If you weren't such an ignorant troll, you'd be adorable" -rogo
post #35 of 37 Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood View Post

Anyone want to make the argument why 2014 will not be the last year of improvements when it comes to Panasonic plasmas?

The smartest move IF you want to buy a plasma might be 2014--the last chance for the best that Panasonic will ever make.

I don't necessarily agree with that.

If 2014 plasmas are notably better than this year, it would likely mean a new platform and that platform would likely be used into 2015 at least. There is little financial/cost incentive on Panasonic creating a new platform for just one year - the last year before discontinuing plasma.

If 2014 is the last year, I strongly believe they will be using the same platform as 2013 which would likely mean very small improvements by that point unless the ZT60 is a real ass-kicker and maybe that panel would be expanded further. We know the ZT60 is a new panel.

post #36 of 37 Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau View Post

2014 sets will be amazing. I have no doubt that they'll be building those from the ground up. Definitely have a chance of being better than the ZT sets.

We really have no idea at this point or evidence.

Because Avj mentioned the word "Jupiter" everyone is making it out to believe what they want it to be. lol It could mean anything. We just don't know. Assuming it means a ground up, much improved plasma is pure wishful thinking at this point.

post #37 of 37 Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

There is a big speculation on the press about 2013 being the last year Panasonic will produce plasma displays. I believe it will all depend on the success or not of the new lineup. Where I live , south Florida, the stores are showing very few plasma models and the sales people claim they make more money with Samsung,Sony and LG LCDs/LEDs. As an owner of 3 Panny plasmas , I hope the consumers can be educated and appreciate a much better picture.I

Some in the press speculated there would be no plasma in 2013 from Panasonic, so I don't buy into that so much.

Given that Panasonic is coming out with a new ZT60 panel this year leads me to believe they are sticking with plasma for a bit longer (past this year). Same with Samsung.

I could see LG discontinuing after this year. If so, that probably gives the other two companies more incentive to stick around longer with plasma to gobble up more sales.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page