LG PM6700 Losing WiFi Connection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've owned my 60PM6700 for 8 months now, and have been completely happy with the television; until recently. For the past two months, when I turn the TV off, 9 out of 10 times the thing drops the network connection. When the TV is turned back on, the network connection is gone, so you have to go through the entire process of setting up a network connection all over again. It doesn't even remember the network or the password, so you have to log in every time. I've read a lot of reviews on LG BluRay players having the same problem. It's definitely not a problem with my home network. I have an Asus Dark Night N900 router which gives me 100% strength everywhere in my home, and even in my neighbors' yards I get nearly perfect signal strength. None of my other smart devices ever lose the wifi connection. Anyone else having this problem with this television or any other LG media devices? If so, have you found out what the problem is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I too noticed the subpar wifi connection with the router just a foot away. Watching 1080p files from the htpc through wifi would buffer horribly. Only thing that fixed that was a hardware connection by way of Ethernet and now it streams video with no hiccups. There is also a Netflix intermittent choppy framerate even with Ethernet. There has been 2 software updates and the problem still exists. Recently updated to latest update yesterday but haven't had the chance to test out Netflix.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 50pm6700 Plasma Hdtv , Lg 60pm6700 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread