Samsung PS51E450 USB Input - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am thinking about getting this TV soon, but there is one item of information that I can't find anywhere. Annoyingly, not even on Samsung's site.

The plasma has 1 USB port, but I'm not sure which video formats it reads. I know MKV is an uncommon one, but it's the one I'd like to use frequently. Not even the DVD player reads it from plug-in sources.

Does anyone know which file formats the TV reads via USB? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Any pro or anti comments regarding the TV in general will also be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl1zz4rd View Post

I am thinking about getting this TV soon, but there is one item of information that I can't find anywhere. Annoyingly, not even on Samsung's site.

The plasma has 1 USB port, but I'm not sure which video formats it reads. I know MKV is an uncommon one, but it's the one I'd like to use frequently. Not even the DVD player reads it from plug-in sources.

Does anyone know which file formats the TV reads via USB? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Any pro or anti comments regarding the TV in general will also be appreciated.

I have the 60E550, which is the same I assume except for 3D and I just found an MKV file to download and it plays fine. Looks really good on here too! It's some Indian song video. I did a search for an MKV to download and for some reason all I got was Bollywood. biggrin.gif
post #3 of 5 Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Straybeat - Thank you so much for your help. That is reassuring. I'm still going to get the TV anyway, even if I find out beforehand that it doesn't support MKV, 'cause it looks awesome.

Haha, I got some really random stuff when I searched "MKV", but "MKV song" brings up strange indian stuff, you're right. That's quite weird. I wonder why that is.

Do you have any complaints about the E550? How long have you had it for?
post #4 of 5 Old 02-11-2013, 01:09 PM

I have the 43 inch and it has played every movie I have thrown at it via USB. I'm sure if I tried I could find a format that it can't play, but I can definitely confirm it can play an MKV file with DD 5.1/DTS audio up to 1080p
post #5 of 5 Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

dabsac - Awesome. That means the 51" will play it too, as they appear to be exactly the same in every other aspect other than dimensions. Do you know whether or not the files have to be in the root of the storage device?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51e450 51 Inch 720p 600 Hz Plasma Hdtv Black , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page